ADVERTISEMENT

James Carnie, new Iowa offer

v1nufan

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 15, 2018
Per Iowa Rivals site, James received an Iowa offer today. If you are HCSF do you now need to pull the trigger with a Nebraska offer to counter? IMO, need to sign the kids in your backyard and not lose them to a league rival.
GBR!

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Per Iowa Rivals site, James received an Iowa offer today. If you are HCSF do you now need to pull the trigger with a Nebraska offer to counter? IMO, need to sign the kids in your backyard and not lose them to a league rival.
GBR!

doesn’t surprise me, we stole Fidone out of Iowa. The top player in their state.

And honestly, I’d rather keep Rollins and Fidone from this year and wait for Micah Riley and Kaden Helms from the 2022 class.

Last edited:
GBR!
I just have the feeling he’s gonna be a kid you regret letting slip away (it’s happened to us several times). He’s a classic “late bloomer” who didn’t get as much attention because he lacked size before this year.
Anything could happen, but I just get the feeling he’ll excel somewhere.
I wouldn’t mind bringing him on board and then figuring out if either Carnie or Rollins could make the move to DE or maybe even OLB. Carnie’s got some speed. His passion for the Huskers gives him bonus points.
But I also trust coaches evals, and sometimes you can’t take on all of the projects.

I just have the feeling he’s gonna be a kid you regret letting slip away (it’s happened to us several times). He’s a classic “late bloomer” who didn’t get as much attention because he lacked size before this year.
Anything could happen, but I just get the feeling he’ll excel somewhere.
I wouldn’t mind bringing him on board and then figuring out if either Carnie or Rollins could make the move to DE or maybe even OLB. Carnie’s got some speed. His passion for the Huskers gives him bonus points.
But I also trust coaches evals, and sometimes you can’t take on all of the projects.

yeah, good point. He doesn’t have to stay a TE and same goes for Rollins. We could bring on Carnie and still go after Helms and Riley from the 2022 class as well. Take them all...GBR

I know keeping D Jackson, D Woods, M Riley and K Helms for next years class is huge. We have to keep those guys at home if all possible. I have a good feeling about D Woods, M Riley and K Helms but I have a feeling D Jackson is going to be a battle to keep home like X Watts and K Johnson. D Jackson has no real ties to Nebraska outside his family living in Omaha. Hopefully we manage to keep all 4 in state players home in Nebraska. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: HominidHusker
I know keeping D Jackson, D Woods, M Riley and K Helms for next years class is huge. We have to keep those guys at home if all possible. I have a good feeling about D Woods, M Riley and K Helms but I have a feeling D Jackson is going to be a battle to keep home like X Watts and K Johnson. D Jackson has no real ties to Nebraska outside his family living in Omaha. Hopefully we manage to keep all 4 in state players home in Nebraska. Fingers crossed.

Showing a better on field product hopefully will go a long way... once we get on the field.

Reactions: huskerssalts

Micah Riley has said Iowa was a dream offer. He grew up an Iowa fan. Nebraska will be fighting the same up hill battle that Iowa did with Fidone.

Reactions: RothMatt and EKHawk
Interesting offer for Carnie. Seems to be a rising prospect. I expect more schools to offer.

Probably should have taken Carnie instead of Rollins. But I'd be fine with taking all 3 and telling Rafdal to move on.

Riley will likely end up at Iowa or elsewhere, especially with all the tight ends we're bringing in this class.

Micah Riley has said Iowa was a dream offer. He grew up an Iowa fan. Nebraska will be fighting the same up hill battle that Iowa did with Fidone.

You wish lol ;). We will see how it plays out. Him and Fidone have already been talking about playing and tearing it up together on the same team. May the best team win.

Either way, maybe one team lands Helms and the other lands Riley? When push comes to shove and Iowa gets one player and the Huskers get the other (between Riley/Fidone)...I’d take Fidone over Riley any day of the week and twice on Saturday

Last edited:
I thought they said Rollins could play either TE or OLB.

Yeah that has been mentioned and could be a possibility. From what I’ve heard though is Rollins doesnt have the mentality to play defense in a power 5 whereas Carnie has a higher ceiling on the defensive side of the ball. I’d say take 3 TE’s in this class. Losing Carnie to Iowa will sting worse than losing Clesters son.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Yeah that has been mentioned and could be a possibility. From what I’ve heard though is Rollins doesnt have the mentality to play defense in a power 5 whereas Carnie has a higher ceiling on the defensive side of the ball. I’d say take 3 TE’s in this class. Losing Carnie to Iowa will sting worse than losing Clesters son.
I agree. We should take Carnie and let the cream rise to the top. We can worry about next years class later. We don’t need another Fant/Phillips/Ott situation.

You wish lol ;). We will see how it plays out. Him and Fidone have already been talking about playing and tearing it up together on the same team. May the best team win.

Either way, maybe one team lands Helms and the other lands Riley? When push comes to shove and Iowa gets one player and the Huskers get the other (between Riley/Fidone)...I’d take Fidone over Riley any day of the week and twice on Saturday

I think I’d wait until 202

I think I’d wait until 202

I honestly don’t care one way or another. I’m just trolling you. Again, take Micah Riley....I’ll gladly take Thomas Fidone instead. We still win there even if Riley goes Iowa.

Oh btw, us Husker fans found out fast a player wearing a t shirt means jack. They do that all the time and it doesn’t mean a thing in recruiting. I’m pretty sure Fidone has been seen wearing Iowa shirts before too. Hell, he was training with Noah Fant, I know that had you Iowa fans hopes up and we all seen how that played out...Just saying ;)

Reactions: SWIowahawks
I honestly don’t care one way or another. I’m just trolling you. Again, take Micah Riley....I’ll gladly take Thomas Fidone instead. We still win there even if Riley goes Iowa.

Oh btw, us Husker fans found out fast a player wearing a t shirt means jack. They do that all the time and it doesn’t mean a thing in recruiting ;) Just saying

I tried copying from a Hawkeye Report article. It’s way more than a shirt. I was just giving as much evidence as I could so it didn’t look like I was talking out of my ass. Iowa wasn’t his dream school growing up. Grew up around Des Moines. Loved going to their camps. Etc.

I tried copying from a Hawkeye Report article. It’s way more than a shirt. I was just giving as much evidence as I could so it didn’t look like I was talking out of my ass. Iowa wasn’t his dream school growing up. Grew up around Des Moines. Loved going to their camps. Etc.

Again, take him. Not to worried considering we got Fidone (you know, the TE that might and should end up being a 5 star TE that lives in Iowa). I was merely making a point.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
I think NU should offer Carnie too. I agree with the previous posts saying he can be a TE or rush OLB. You can always find use for players that are 6'5" and above that can run. Take 'em all.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Hell, with how much weight Carnie has put on over the last year, they could pull a Jurgens and make him an OL.

Reactions: headcard
I agree. We should take Carnie and let the cream rise to the top. We can worry about next years class later. We don’t need another Fant/Phillips/Ott situation.
This. A kid literally in your backyard cannot go play for a league rival. Get him on campus and see if perhaps he grows out of the TE role. I do wonder if they told Rollins that they would not recruit any other TE’s this class. That message, if reneged upon, may have more of an impact on his high school coach than the player himself.

I doubt they would have done that. It's not like they didn't know about Carnie.

I have never quoted anyone as insider information but had lunch with a family member of his...Iowa lean because of TE development but thought he would be N in the end. His dad played at USD for those of you who think im full of crap :)-

This. A kid literally in your backyard cannot go play for a league rival. Get him on campus and see if perhaps he grows out of the TE role. I do wonder if they told Rollins that they would not recruit any other TE’s this class. That message, if reneged upon, may have more of an impact on his high school coach than the player himself.

Kid wants to be a Husker but we have not offered yet. I dont think the sensitivity stems from taking 3 this year. I believe there is sensitivity that if we take 3 and all 3 pan out (which is good) the 2 big time guys from Bellevue West from next years class will go elsewhere.

Kid wants to be a Husker but we have not offered yet. I dont think the sensitivity stems from taking 3 this year. I believe there is sensitivity that if we take 3 and all 3 pan out (which is good) the 2 big time guys from Bellevue West from next years class will go elsewhere.
I don’t think that’s much of an issue. Next year none of the three will be getting a ton of PT and talented kids usually aren’t afraid of competition. Plus, we will only be taking one TE next year. Let’s offer Carnie!

So we’re taking only one between Riley and Helms? Could either become a receiver like Hickman?
I think Helms is kind of a tweener. I think we would find a way to take both, if they both wanted in, but it won’t be a situation where we need to take multiple TE’s, like this year.

Reactions: CatColumbia
It will be interesting to see what happens with Iowa TE recruiting next year. There is another Raridon that has got a couple crystal balls to Iowa. Will they take multiple TE’s next year?

Oh well then....Prep sucks. That is all.

Carnie > Rollins...more versatile on positions on either side of the ball and a better blocker. More of a sure pick - Rollins potentially more upside down the road would be the only positive.

Reactions: Bigred_b1624
Andre Dollar is another TE for us Husker fans need to keep an eye on. He’s a composite 4 star on 24/7 and his leaders right now are Oregon and the Huskers....

Here's an article on Andre Dollar today in the Oregonian. Claims the Huskers & Ducks are his leaders and he's announcing his pick tomorrow morning. Note that he has visited Oregon, but not Nebraska.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiti...tween-oregon-nebraska-on-tuesday-morning.html

Here's an article on Andre Dollar today in the Oregonian. Claims the Huskers & Ducks are his leaders and he's announcing his pick tomorrow morning. Note that he has visited Oregon, but not Nebraska.

https://www.oregonlive.com/recruiti...tween-oregon-nebraska-on-tuesday-morning.html

ouch, yeah that’s not good for us. He’s been quoted as of saying “If he had to pick right now, due to the Oregon only visit, he’d pick Oregon”. But he is an 2022 prospect and by then hopefully there will be official visits before he signs. If so, we have a chance to flip him.

ADVERTISEMENT