ADVERTISEMENT

Jalen Hurts will transfer to Oklahoma for senior season.

Funny thing is, I believe in an interview their five star QB recruit stated that he was told that they would not be taking a transfer qb. He was led to believe he had a legitimate shot to start as a true freshman.

Funny thing is, I believe in an interview their five star QB recruit stated that he was told that they would not be taking a transfer qb. He was led to believe he had a legitimate shot to start as a true freshman.
I have to believe Riley talked to their freshman QB and let him know beforehand that this opportunity opened up for them.

Reactions: jeans15
I have to believe Riley talked to their freshman QB and let him know beforehand that this opportunity opened up for them.

At one point Riley evaluated 3 transfer type QB's that were candidates for OU and after evaluating them he told our 5 star QB that he would not bring in another 5 star QB that would compete with him. And Riley didn't even offer the kid from Georgia nor the other QB....not even sure who that was but speculation was a QB from ND. After evaluation each transfer QB, Riley strongly preferred Hurt over the other two. He has only one year of eligibility and the kid from Georgia had 3 years of eligibility which would have conflicted with what Riley had told Rattler our incoming 5 star QB. That was agreeable with Rattler.

They are hesitant because he is looking at transfering to a Big 12 school. They don't want to have an opposing player that knows all of their plays, hand signals, tendencies, and other inside information that could be used against them. The unfair part is that the school objects for a player going to another Big 12 school, but lets one of their coaches move to another Big 12 school (Texas Tech) with no objection. This is unfair on OU's part.

They are hesitant because he is looking at transfering to a Big 12 school. They don't want to have an opposing player that knows all of their plays, hand signals, tendencies, and other inside information that could be used against them. The unfair part is that the school objects for a player going to another Big 12 school, but lets one of their coaches move to another Big 12 school (Texas Tech) with no objection. This is unfair on OU's part.
They didn't have a problem with it when they were getting Mayfield.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
They didn't have a problem with it when they were getting Mayfield.

Well Mayfield wasn't recruited....he walked on without the knowledge of OU and the coaching staff. Tech objected like OU did and eventually he was granted an additional year of eligibility, which Kendall probably will also. At this time it doesn't appear to be a real problem or net loss for OU. With his reputation as a coach...especially offensive coach and his reputation of QB development he was able to get the replacement QB he wanted and that was Hurts.

Well Mayfield wasn't recruited....he walked on without the knowledge of OU and the coaching staff. Tech objected like OU did and eventually he was granted an additional year of eligibility, which Kendall probably will also. At this time it doesn't appear to be a real problem or net loss for OU. With his reputation as a coach...especially offensive coach and his reputation of QB development he was able to get the replacement QB he wanted and that was Hurts.

OU removed their block, he is free to attend WVU and play next year.

Reactions: xxUNRIVALEDxx
There is no question OU is coming out ahead, just didn’t understand why they would block him from WVU.

I will throw up if he wins the heisman next year and that woukd be the 3rd in a row for those guys.. AM for Heisman!!

Reactions: SOHusker11
Not rooting against him in any way shape or form, in fact CFB just got more interesting, but I just don't think that highly of him as a QB in general. However, he'll go from SEC (IE-NFL) defenses to high school defenses, and he'll have more talent on his team than most he plays against, sans Texas, so he also might really light it up there. It'll be interesting. I could see it going all the way, and or crashing and burning, but I'll watch.

Sounds like the guy knows how to run a big time football program. Why settle for having to start a true freshman quarterback or a mediocre player already on the roster. Hurts has proven to be a good qb, I don't see any reason why you wouldn't take him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT