ADVERTISEMENT

Jakheem green is N

giphy.gif

Thank God for this. It was getting depressing watching the Mets bumble their way to another loss. Happy for some good news!

GBR!

Reactions: bigboxes
another DL. Good for 2019, critical for 2020. Worst part of it is that it seems like this may be the nail in the coffin for Bland. I was hoping that he'd pull off a miracle.

3 to play 2. Welcome to the family. Needs to get eligible.

Sounds like he’s good bro. He wasn’t eligible for South Carolina but is for us. Here’s a quote for Nate Clouse on front page. “After some research it appeared Green was on track to graduate from Highland C.C. with the necessary requirements to be admitted into Nebraska”. Tough luck for SC but great luck for us. See, having more reasonable entry level helps some players make the cut.

He is definitely a big time pick up, even more so when we lose what, 5 Dlineman this season and majority of that was/is starters or in the two deep.

The #2 rated JUCO DT, and a position of need for Nebraska. Another big body to push the veterans on the team, and somebody to push for the starting job next season for sure. There are some talented O-lines in the Big Ten, and Nebraska needs guys who can stand up to them.

The #2 rated JUCO DT, and a position of need for Nebraska. Another big body to push the veterans on the team, and somebody to push for the starting job next season for sure. There are some talented O-lines in the Big Ten, and Nebraska needs guys who can stand up to them.

Amen...you need bodies for the entire season in the Big Ten.

Reactions: mmunso7
If he gets qualified and picks up the D calls oh boy. How about Daniels x2, Davis x2, Stille, Thomas, and this dude as a rotation of 7?

Might like to see him get his 4 games in and RS if the health holds along that front though. Will miss Darrion and the David twins next year.

I don’t think there is any worry about him qualifying for us. Sounds like he’s good to go there. It was only with the SEC schools that it wasn’t going to work with.

It was reported that he Needs an algebra class. The SEC does not count on-line classes but the B1G does. Article made it sound like he had some work to do academically, but not certain if that is in addition to the math or what. The last class I would want to take on-line is algebra.

It was reported that he Needs an algebra class. The SEC does not count on-line classes but the B1G does. Article made it sound like he had some work to do academically, but not certain if that is in addition to the math or what. The last class I would want to take on-line is algebra.

Right and agreed there. I’m crossing my fingers for the young man. Frost bringing the young man in on an official, he must feel good about him making it. So let’s hope it pans out right.

How does a Big Ten school have more lenient admission standards than an SEC school?

How does a Big Ten school have more lenient admission standards than an SEC school?
Suspect the SEC believes cheating to qualify in online courses would be rampant if it were outside of the kid's JUCO (and prob rampant anyway).

Offer list for the kid is legit: Bama, Georgia, Gamecocks and Vols. Very possible the kid makes it difficult to keep him off of the field. But I would imagine he appears in the four or less games, learns the D and Duval gets to play mad scientist for a year. This from Clouse: Green is a big athletic kid. He measures in at a legit 6-foot-4 or maybe a little over that and is put together extremely well at 305-pounds with very little bad weight. I see him having the ability to come in a give Nebraska a body that can play anywhere from the nose to a 5-technique. Finding players with that kind of versatility is pretty rare.
He can be in Lincoln after completing his JUCO work, so no August arrival. Flat out recruiting gem found who was bound for the SEC. Held's CC ties pay off again.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT