ADVERTISEMENT

Jake Peetz N

YES! Nebraska ties, now all is well. Hopefully Shanle gets a bunch of warm fuzzies by this and stops pouting in the corner.
The Shanle segment on the Sharp show this morning is gonna draw a few listeners.

I listen the the shanel thing....apperently he would just get urban myer in lincoln. get pink floyd back together and just tell putan to go home....the cartels can work at mcdonalds and washington will stop priniting money...
no problem
completely reasonable

You can't blame Coach Rhule for assembling coaches you know and trust will do an outstanding job. For too long we've had assistants who were retreads and some out of coaching all together, given a job just because they were friends.

You want really qualified people to get you out of a rut and these coaches seem to be very qualified and up to the task. Nebraska has been stuck in the ditch way too long and it's going to take the right people who know how to get the storied program moving again, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. GBR!

You can't blame Coach Rhule for assembling coaches you know and trust will do an outstanding job. For too long we've had assistants who were retreads and some out of coaching all together, given a job just because they were friends.

You want really qualified people to get you out of a rut and these coaches seem to be very qualified and up to the task. Nebraska has been stuck in the ditch way too long and it's going to take the right people who know how to get the storied program moving again, it won't happen overnight but it will happen. GBR!
The resumes thus far are impressive for the jobs they’re being hired for.

From day one I couldn’t understand Frost’s love for Verdusco. Paralysis by analysis was his specialty and what a joke in living rooms.
Well I think Frost was like Rhule in the sense that he wanted a staff of people he knew and worked with before including Verdusco. Verdusco readily submitted to anything Frost wanted without protest and that what Frost liked about him as he wanted to dabble in the QB realm. The problem for Frost though is that those guys including Verdusco couldn't compete in the B1G. It was too B1G a leap for them to make. Verdict is still out on Rhule and we won't know how he competes in the B1G until next year.

Seems the coach he’s worked for most is Jon Gruden

Mayhaps we open this new era with Spider-2 Y Banana
NYgeFBY.gif

Well I think Frost was like Rhule in the sense that he wanted a staff of people he knew and worked with before including Verdusco. Verdusco readily submitted to anything Frost wanted without protest and that what Frost liked about him as he wanted to dabble in the QB realm. The problem for Frost though is that those guys including Verdusco couldn't compete in the B1G. It was too B1G a leap for them to make. Verdict is still out on Rhule and we won't know how he competes in the B1G until next year.
I think he will get the right pieces put into place but it just won't happen overnight. I'm willing to see this thing built right even if it takes some time, Nebraska has been wandering around the college landscape far too long. College football is a better sport when Nebraska is good.

I think he will get the right pieces put into place but it just won't happen overnight. I'm willing to see this thing built right even if it takes some time, Nebraska has been wandering around the college landscape far too long. College football is a better sport when Nebraska is good.
I think we are in a better position than what he took over at both Temple and Baylor. Granted, the B1G is harder, but we could have easily won 6 to 7 this year. I'm not expecting miracles, but with the work MJ and staff did keeping this team fighting and having better practices and a better work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if we do a lot better next year than expected.

I think we are in a better position than what he took over at both Temple and Baylor. Granted, the B1G is harder, but we could have easily won 6 to 7 this year. I'm not expecting miracles, but with the work MJ and staff did keeping this team fighting and having better practices and a better work ethic, I wouldn't be surprised if we do a lot better next year than expected.
Oh, I agree I just don't expect 9, 10 or 11 wins next year and I certainly would be rather disappointed with a 50/50 season but I would understand. I really think we are about to see a transformed team starting next year both physically and mentally.

The big 12 is the strongest P5 conf top to bottom

Being in the B1G will should accelerate a rebuild not hinder it

YES! Nebraska ties, now all is well. Hopefully Shanle gets a bunch of warm fuzzies by this and stops pouting in the corner.
UPDATE:

When asked about the Peetz hire, Shanle's response "love it, Nebraska guy ..."

Warm fuzziness and hot cocoa for everyone!!! What a stooge.

Then he rambles on about how NU is irrelevant, but gets giddy at the thought of a Nebraska guy joining, as if that's the key to get us back in top 10? Major hang up with Trev thinking Frank should have been fired, on which Trev wasn't wrong. Grow the hell up Shanle, my goodness.

Oh, I agree I just don't expect 9, 10 or 11 wins next year and I certainly would be rather disappointed with a 50/50 season but I would understand. I really think we are about to see a transformed team starting next year both physically and mentally.
I think these kids are in for the hardest 6-8 months of training and preparation of their lives.

Being physical, playing physically in practice will be a shock to their system. Those returning got a dose of it when Mickey took over, and it paid dividends to finally begin to be on even terms with most of the other teams NU played.

I'm one that believes a really top-notch strength and conditioning coach can transform a lot of these kids to show what the hidden potential they have but was never brought out through the lousy lifting regime led by Duvall.

With a completely new head man and coaching staff, it will be interesting to see how some of these kids respond to knowing starting a job might be in for a real challenge for others.

I think firing Ellis is the new coach's way of saying some of these big guys are eating a little too well.

UPDATE:

When asked about the Peetz hire, Shanle's response "love it, Nebraska guy ..."

Warm fuzziness and hot cocoa for everyone!!! What a stooge.

Then he rambles on about how NU is irrelevant, but gets giddy at the thought of a Nebraska guy joining, as if that's the key to get us back in top 10? Major hang up with Trev thinking Frank should have been fired, on which Trev wasn't wrong. Grow the hell up Shanle, my goodness.
HCMR said to return to greatness everybody who bleeds red has to be on board and contribute any way they can. Unfortunately he will have at least one former player not pulling on the rope.

What turned me off about the interview is he made it personal. Said HCMR is a snake oil salesman. Implied he lied when he said he wants to raise his kids here because he will bolt in a heartbeat if the PSU job opens. Said he has a history of winning just enough to find a better job, then moving on.

Then he spewed the doom you mention about NU being irrelevant, plus no recruits from Texas wanting to come here, and no recruits from the east coast coming no further than OSU or Michigan. Said there was nothing wrong with S&C under Duval, it was just our players were no good. And yes, apparently has a dislike of Trev going back a long time.

The way I heard it it all boiled down to he doesn't like Trev and he wanted Mickey to get the job, so now he is angry and doing what he can to backdoor the new staff.

HCMR said to return to greatness everybody who bleeds red has to be on board and contribute any way they can. Unfortunately he will have at least one former player not pulling on the rope.

What turned me off about the interview is he made it personal. Said HCMR is a snake oil salesman. Implied he lied when he said he wants to raise his kids here because he will bolt in a heartbeat if the PSU job opens. Said he has a history of winning just enough to find a better job, then moving on.

Then he spewed the doom you mention about NU being irrelevant, plus no recruits from Texas wanting to come here, and no recruits from the east coast coming no further than OSU or Michigan. Said there was nothing wrong with S&C under Duval, it was just our players were no good. And yes, apparently has a dislike of Trev going back a long time.

The way I heard it it all boiled down to he doesn't like Trev and he wanted Mickey to get the job, so now he is angry and doing what he can to backdoor the new staff.
Isn’t shanle a media person?

It’s his job to say stuff to get you to react

Have you ever heard a comic say his mother-in-law is a delight? No! Because that’s not funny

Believe it or not, sometimes people on tv/the radio say things they don’t really believe because it’s their job to do so

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT