ADVERTISEMENT

Jailen Weaver

Stamina, plays too high, very raw/poor technique. Not sure how he will do as an offensive lineman but I love seeing the Huskers move guys around a bit. Over the years, players have rarely moved from offense to defense, but I've seen it done successfully at other programs.
Agreed, ultimately what is your downside risk here? You were getting zero out of him on defense.

Can he run block? Go double TE with this massive individual on one side and Vok on the other. Smothers and Grant zone read, get Rahmir and Palmer involved in the orbit pitch game. Free (part) of Frost's playbook! Also, not to shade Purdy, but he can do this as well.

I look at this as more of a personal change, not a personnel change. I always wonder why people think a slow footed, less ambitious player will be better at guard than tackle. A good player is a good player. Do you think Dave Rimington would been any less a player had he been a tackle or guard?

If he didn't have the stuff to even sniff this defensive line I doubt he has it to play on this offensive line. Then again the bar is really low.

• Haha
Reactions: BleedRed78
I look at this as more of a personal change, not a personnel change. I always wonder why people think a slow footed, less ambitious player will be better at guard than tackle. A good player is a good player. Do you think Dave Rimington would been any less a player had he been a tackle or guard?

If he didn't have the stuff to even sniff this defensive line I doubt he has it to play on this offensive line. Then again the bar is really low.
Designated lead blocker on 3rd and 1 or the 1-yard line. LOL

Yep and they both move about as fast as a sloth stuck in a pool of molasses.
That's a visual that could happen.

If they had any creativity, they would line up:
Banks LT Corc LG Hixson C (no RG) but a 3 RT set.

Benhart RT Weaver RT Teddy RT (when healthy) We're talking 3 kids that are all 6'8" or 6'9" and a new OL formation would be born.

NU 2022 version of the Triplets.

26 pounds? That's just a decent dump for a guy that size!
You and Pelini realize it was a weak attempt at a joke? LOL

Once on Big Bang Theory, I heard Sheldon say he kept a daily bowel movement spreadsheet and laughed my ass off. I use that line sometimes.

Tedddy P coming back + Sam Sledge coming in will immediately make those OTs better next year.

Not sure most people know how good Sledge is. Dude can move and has major growth potential.
Thought I heard Sledge was going to start out at Center once he got on campus ?

Reactions: headcard

His recruiting video is impressive and shows how athletic he is when not 400 lbs.

ADVERTISEMENT