ADVERTISEMENT

Jacob Hammond...

Would not surprise me. I don't think we are done recruiting. I vote Webster to go though if we sign another recruit. So does the PBA back boards and rims.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:
Would not surprise me. I don't think we are done recruiting. I vote Webster to go though if we sign another recruit. So does the PBA back boards and rims.
Its very hard to be a good offensive team if at any one time 3 of your 5 guys don't need to be guarded. Webster needs to spend a tremendous amount of time shooting in the gym this off season. Not playing pickup ball, just shooting. At least two hours each and every day. BTW, its WAY too early to give up on Hammonds. Big guys can be built with some work. He at least has some potential to get stronger and better.

This post was edited on 2/22 4:04 PM by dinglefritz

Oh I'm not giving up on Hammonds. I just wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. As for Tai. It's more than just shooting for him. He's just not a good basketball player at this point.

Originally posted by huskerbaseball13:
Oh I'm not giving up on Hammonds. I just wouldn't be surprised if he transfers. As for Tai. It's more than just shooting for him. He's just not a good basketball player at this point.
He usually plays pretty good defense and can rebound. The shooting thing is kind of surprising because he looked like a pretty good offensive player when we recruited him. I'm not sure, but I think the degree of physicality of the B1G has just ruined his confidence on offense. We aren't deep enough to run guys off that can play at all. The best way for him to leave would be sitting on the bench because a guy that has shown he is better has taken his job. IMO, that is likely going to happen this next year if he doesn't get better. Personally he seems like a really good kid to me and I hope he works his ass off this summer to get better. I know a guy like Magic Johnson made himself a better outside shooter over time but it took hours of shooting every day for a long time to do it.

Tai has the skills, it's all in his head offensively.

Defensively he has played MUCH better this year. The kid can drive the basketball, he just has to learn to finish.

Once or twice a game you get a glimpse of what Tai is capable of. Then you get a solid dose of screw ups.

We got that From TP today. The whole team seems to have the yipps.

Webster seems slimmer and quicker this year, but he seems to be a bit out of control from time to time and it causes him to turn the ball over. I still think he can turn into a solid contributor.

Re: Maybe I missed this...

No, he played in a couple of early season games. Early in the season I heard that the coaches really liked Hammonds' potential. The guy had absolutely no basic basketball knowledge coming in and needed to add 20-25 pounds, but is very athletic and very coachable. The NU coaches looked at how much he improved over the course of one summer with solid AAU coaching in 2013 and felt he had a high ceiling. Now it's possible things have changed, as I haven't talked to anyone about him since early December. But my feeling is that if he leaves it will be his decision, not anything the coaches want.

He really needed to RS this year, but I think the early season losses of Smith and Abraham forced him into action.

Originally posted by headcard:
He really needed to RS this year, but I think the early season losses of Smith and Abraham forced him into action.
Yep but you know he's close physically. A redshirt year would have been perfect but Miles knew we needed to try to get some offense on the floor and he potentially offers more than Leslie or Moses. You can build big men. Guards kind of are what they are when you get them. (a smart basketball coach once said that)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT