ADVERTISEMENT

It's TCB Time

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
Guess what, folks. Every game counts. Through mid-April last year, the Huskers had already lost six games to teams that would finish the season with RPIs 188 or higher. It's baseball and anybody can beat anybody else on a given day but that's just way too may letdowns. Win just three of those six and they're 43-16 with an RPI in the 20s. That probably moves them out of the Stillwater regional and into the Lincoln regional.

Why am I posting this now? Because Northern Colorado is in town for two games. Taking Care of Business in 2015 starts tomorrow.

I'd say five wins is the minimum acceptable number. Seven would be great but six would be just fine. I don't know much about Florida Gulf Coast but three game sweeps are never easy. Indiana State was very good last year and has beaten Vanderbilt this year.

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
I'd say five wins is the minimum acceptable number. Seven would be great but six would be just fine. I don't know much about Florida Gulf Coast but three game sweeps are never easy. Indiana State was very good last year and has beaten Vanderbilt this year.
Agree, but with the way our weekend rotation is pitching right now, we need to get on a roll at home against lesser opponents.

What a great start to this home stretch. Pitching was absolutely DOMINANT. Some hitting seems to be peeking it's head through. 17k+ for the weekend in attendance a new record. Let's get some real MOMENTUM going here!

FWIW, aTm leading 3-1 in the 6th...that would be a 21-0 start. I don't care who they played, that's impressive.

Was thinking the same exact thing as last week started! And was great to see us take care of business! I had noted anything other than a 4-1 week would be unacceptable and we get the complete sweep.

Need to do the same thing this week. Indiana State will be an ok team in the field, but won't have the midweek pitching to match up with us. I wont predict a sweep for the weekend, but certainly like our chances to take 2 of 3 the way we are pitching it. Great to see the bats start to come alive and some timely situational hitting in the line-up.

Indiana State and Cal State Fullerton are both good enough I'd be OK with winning one out of two against each of them, especially since it's midweek. Michigan is bad enough that two wins at a minimum should be expected and a sweep should not be a surprise. I will refuse to discuss the opponent after Fullerton until after the Titans leave town.

Interestingly enough, I saw that Indiana swept Cal State Fullerton at home last weekend. Not sure what it changes more - my opinion of CSF or my opinion of Indiana.

The five game winning streak for NU firmly puts them on pace to make the tournament, but we all know that in order to have success beyond that, you best play yourself into hosting a regional. Keep the momentum rolling. GBR!

Originally posted by mpbrown27:
Interestingly enough, I saw that Indiana swept Cal State Fullerton at home last weekend. Not sure what it changes more - my opinion of CSF or my opinion of Indiana.

The five game winning streak for NU firmly puts them on pace to make the tournament, but we all know that in order to have success beyond that, you best play yourself into hosting a regional. Keep the momentum rolling. GBR!
Well you can color me confused. Here's Fullerton with sweeps of Baylor and Texas Tech but now on a four game losing streak. They also have a win over Louisville and Stanford but are just 9-9 on the year. So are they good or just average? Who the heck knows?

What with Indiana on a ten game win streak I guess we tip the scales towards them. I know I tip my hat to them.

ADVERTISEMENT