ADVERTISEMENT

It's OK to Say It Now

coolonetoo

Junior
May 12, 2003
The season is exactly half over and this much is clear: We're fans of a really good baseball team. Nebraska is 17-3 in its last 20 games. The three losses were by a total of four runs to Texas A&M, LSU and Cal State Fullerton.

There is still a lot of work to be done and there will no doubt be struggles to come but I think we would all be wise to keep the last weekend in May free of family and work commitments.

Agreed. I'm usually one who preaches to never take too much from any one game or even series in baseball. But the last 20 have been MIGHTY impressive.

I'm fortunate to grow up in a baseball first family so it's always assumed that we will be watching or listening to baseball.

Either way, I'm hoping I will be watching Husker Baseball in late June of you catch my drift.
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Someone call the poll meisters and tell them to quit messing around. Put us in the top ten NOW!

Thank you. That is all.

Kind of funny,
one of the local sports radio shows was asking earlier in the week, 'if it was too early to get excited about Husker Baseball?'

There's only like 12 home games left at Hawks Field?
3 more games in Omaha.
Could go catch a road game in Manhattan, Iowa City, Evanston, or Champaign.
Of course the B1G Baseball Tournament at the end of May in Minneapolis, Target Field.
Of course the question people will be soon asking.... what is the magic number of wins, a team needs to host the regionals? Let the excitement begin!
Go Big Red

Number 44 ladies that's me!
Gonna get me some cold cuts today. Whoa!
I am a huge Ben Miller fan!!!

Originally posted by coolonetoo:
There is still a lot of work to be done and there will no doubt be struggles to come but I think we would all be wise to keep the last weekend in May free of family and work commitments.
Way ahead of you. I booked my hotel for the entire Big Ten tournament in Minneapolis back in January. Early this month rolled around and my mom told me her side of the family was planning to have a family reunion the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I told her I had plans, and with me being one to not really plan that far in advance, she thought she would call my bluff. Husker Baseball Fandom 1, Family Reunion 0.

And as I was typing that, I thought of Erstad's mid-game dugout interview from the last time the tourney was in Minneapolis. Regarding the ballsy pitching rotation (not throwing Sinclair until game 4, starting our closer Vogt in the first game against Indiana), the reporter asked Erstad something along the lines of What have you been able to use as motivating factors to make the run deep into the tournament? And Erstad responded "Well, my wife's family is having a reunion this weekend, so I'd like to keep playing as long as possible." Classic Erstad.

Originally posted by saluno22:
Originally posted by coolonetoo:
Way ahead of you. I booked my hotel for the entire Big Ten tournament in Minneapolis back in January. Early this month rolled around and my mom told me her side of the family was planning to have a family reunion the Sunday of Memorial Day weekend. I told her I had plans, and with me being one to not really plan that far in advance, she thought she would call my bluff. Husker Baseball Fandom 1, Family Reunion 0.

And as I was typing that, I thought of Erstad's mid-game dugout interview from the last time the tourney was in Minneapolis. Regarding the ballsy pitching rotation (not throwing Sinclair until game 4, starting our closer Vogt in the first game against Indiana), the reporter asked Erstad something along the lines of What have you been able to use as motivating factors to make the run deep into the tournament? And Erstad responded "Well, my wife's family is having a reunion this weekend, so I'd like to keep playing as long as possible." Classic Erstad.
HAHAHAHA!

1) Impressed with your dedication :)
2) I don't remember hearing him say that, LOVE IT!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT