It's BLACKOUT Day

GretnaShawn

Graduate Assistant
Sep 28, 2010
I have to wear black as it's the only button up HUSKER shirt I have that will fit over my shoulder brace. ;)
Are you going to the game? I know you aren’t doing a tailgate, you can come to ours if you like.

Pennsyhusker

Head Coach
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Get off my lawn! GBR! Wear Black!
Here is why I am opposed to this: it won't work. If I really thought we could achieve a blackout I would do it. I have seen Penn State's white outs and it can be cool. But the administration and coaching staffs get behind it and promote it.

I think all that will happen here is a diminishment of the red with some splotches of black. So until this movement for black outs gets better organized and promoted I will continue to wear red.

nwualum

Sophomore
Feb 16, 2011
Lincoln, NE
As I have every game since I started attending games in 1969, I will wear red. Just because a few people in a student group want to change tradition, I'll stick with it. The Sea of Red is one of the great traditions in all sports. Let's keep it that way.

northeastNebraska

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jan 8, 2008
Columbus, Nebraska
Here is why I am opposed to this: it won't work. If I really thought we could achieve a blackout I would do it. I have seen Penn State's white outs and it can be cool. But the administration and coaching staffs get behind it and promote it.

I think all that will happen here is a diminishment of the red with some splotches of black. So until this movement for black outs gets better organized and promoted I will continue to wear red.
You are part of the problem. Wear black and try to support the Blackout.
You aren't even trying. Stubborn fans like you are the worst. Look at Ohio State when they did. It looks awesome.

SevoHusker

Mar 25, 2016

That’s a fair point. However, unless you are willing to aid or adapt to a small change, such as this, it will never happen. The reason why ‘No Sit Sunday’ was so awesome a few years ago is because everyone bought in. This is one of those scenarios.

MITCH492

Walk On
Dec 23, 2004
BLACK out number red about 4 to 1 one in the Lincoln restaraunt I'm at for lunch.

Be cool, wear BLACK!

Riley_the_Crutch

College Football Hall of Fame
Oct 16, 2002
Was watching one of those old games linked on another thread. At the end our fan base came down and lined the sidelines before the last couple plays before rushing the field. That looked FUN. Those who refuse to try and have fun and make a cool enviroment are just miserable people.

Latest posts