ADVERTISEMENT

It is typical

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
It is a typical board reaction to today’s loss. Lots of meltdown posts. This is stock in trade for chat boards for teams that are struggling.
So it is easy to dismiss as just a bunch of keyboard coaches venting steam.

But we lost today to a team that has been a B1G bottom feeder with a new coach.

Something is very wrong with Frost and staff. So you can dismiss the chat board chatter but you can’t make up your own facts. Scott Frost is not a good football coach.

It is a typical board reaction to today’s loss. Lots of meltdown posts. This is stock in trade for chat boards for teams that are struggling.

Something is very wrong with Frost and staff. So you can dismiss the chat board chatter but you can’t make up your own facts. Scott Frost is not a good football coach.
No he’s not—I agree. I also think a weak QB and a few dumb decisions led to today’s demise. This game was winnable for sure. Let’s see how it plays out.

Meh. It's Year 4. This is all on Frost. Amart is who he is. The bigger question is why Scott Frost does not have a qualified back up. Not my problem. This is on Scott Frost.

Yep. I'm not sure exactly what I was expecting today.

But it was more than:

"We are going to run the exact same shit offense we have run for the last 3 seasons that has been the primary reason we went 12-20 over that span. But we hope that increased talent at a couple spots will elevate it from -- literally -- one of the worst statistical offenses in the nation."

Meh. It's Year 4. This is all on Frost. Amart is who he is. The bigger question is why Scott Frost does not have a qualified back up. Not my problem. This is on Scott Frost.

A bigger question than that is why we don't have a qualified starter.

We need to be relegated to a lower conference. Just an utter embarrassment.

I did not watch Scott's post game press conference. He must have had a helluva bruise on his forehead. That banging his head against a wall has to being taking a toll on him. It has on me.

• Haha
Reactions: Pennsyhusker
Frost lost the team in his first year when screwed Gebbia out the starting job and has never gotten them back....
It's possible. I try not to hold grudges. I wonder if Frost could have held Gebbia, Spielman and Wandale. He'd have had an easier time. He really needs a viable option for Amart.

Frost lost the team in his first year when screwed Gebbia out the starting job and has never gotten them back....
Everyone is saying they should have hit the transfer portal, does anyone know for sure they didn’t? But in today’s Instagram Facebook and Twitter you can’t tell me these kids don’t talk to each other and say don’t think of going to neb if your a quarterback because your not going to beat out Adrian. To me it’s that simple

Today was proof positive. We've given him a chance. Year 1 and 2 he's building a roster. Year three is a weird covid here. But by now, he should have a well-oiled machine. But it's just more of the same. Comedic incompetence.

Reminds me of Tim Miles. Miles was a good basketball coach but not a P5 basketball coach.

Reminds me of Tim Miles. Miles was a good basketball coach but not a P5 basketball coach.
Its a ok comparison but at least Tim had a couple of winnings seasons except for one frost is way below mediocrity
i think I posted last year a number of high schools foot teams are way better in tune better conditioned well coached in all facets of the game offense has identity defense doesnt beat themselves and special teams are way better than Nebraskas
right now after four years Nebraska football under frost is in shambles

Unfortunately Frost was doomed to fail before he set foot here. His mistake was his over confidence. Thinking he could just walk into the big as is and dominate.
In reality he needed to realize he needed help and experience beside him. He should have gutted his staff from ucf and went out and hired the best most experienced assistant available. Good young coaches know they need help to start.

I would generally agree, but Bielma is (and always has been) a better coach than Frost. He's a bit of a jerk and has his own issues, but he's a salty football coach.
I’m not taking anything away from Bielma, it’s the point that SF is in his 4 year and he shouldn’t be losing to a team with a new coach regardless how good he was some where else if SF is worth the money he is being paid..

Bottom line the following people are responsible for this debacle; Scott Frost, Greg Austin, Harry Potter wanna-be Verdusco, and Adrian Martinez.

Moos gave Frost an extension after year two so he doesn't help us going forward but the bottom line is these four people are killing Nebraska.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrighteRed24
If people can't see he is in over his head now, I dont think they ever will. Scott gave Trev an opening for firing him with cause. If the seasons continues to go this way it's only a matter of time.

It's nuts how many first-season head coaches that Frost loses too and they all play better with fundamentals than Frost's team ever has for any game ever at Nebraska.

I'm over it though and looking forward to who we could hire. I'm not asking for much, basic fundamentals, play hard, run the ball, stop the run....those things should get you to bowl games.

Reactions: BrighteRed24
Part of me thinks we should get a Patterson, Whitingham, Stoops (someone between 60-70) who wants to make one last run at greatness. Under the understanding they will sell out, be Saban-like ruthless with staff, recruit filthy

a la Mack Brown at UNC

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT