ADVERTISEMENT

It is really beginning to sink-in

You still haven’t answered my question. Will you admit you were wrong if ACC, SEC and Big 12 have a safe and successful season? I know you’re rooting that kids get sick and don’t because you have some weird, sick, self-absorbed obsession with yourself.
now you're being "nasty". wonder where you learned that from?

Not sure why someone would make this comment. Things will be exactly the same, regardless of who wins. People will be more optimistic about slowing Covid-19 if Biden wins, but the following day we will be faced with the exact same virus that we were on Election Tuesday.
I'll tell you why I made this comment. If my conviction wavered this afternoon that deaths, treatments, infection rates, masks and on and on have not been highly political on both sides almost from day 1, all I would have to do is tune into the Republican Convention tonight and all the rebuttal from the Democrats afterward. Ultra partisan rhetoric from both sides. It stands to reason that if President Trump wins reporting of daily deaths and infections by media hostile to him will no longer be as important because hopes of getting rid of him will be dashed. If VP Biden wins media supportive of him will pretty much ignore covid. In that regard, things will not be "exactly the same".

Oh you mean the guy that compared disinfectants to antibiotics. A real medical professional. RollingLaugh
Antibiotics don't kill viruses, rube.

You keep thinking about treating people with veterinary medicine, professor. Leave anything more complicated than treating teets with Corona to people that know what they are doing.

You realize that college students aren't in a GD bubble, right? They interact with people every day that have risk factors if they contract Covid. Jeesh, it's like talking to a child.
You continue to make dishonest representations of my posts. I have never suggested treating people with veterinary medicine. As an epidemiologist I WILL tell you that the experience veterinarians have had in dealing with Corona viruses in animals is a reasonable model to understand. .

As someone who has had graduate level pharmacology classes I can also assure you that your use of the word "disinfectant" is too narrow and misleading. Misleading pretty much sums up almost all of your posts. Your mind is completely clouded with your political philosophy. It might be time for you to take another vacation.

If you don't think these "top people with tons of money" don't take into consideration all the restaurants and businesses that thrive because of football/ sports, you're out of your mind.

This is a very serious medical situation. End of story.

Tell us another one! Are you performing anywhere this week? I'll buy a ticket.

You continue to make dishonest representations of my posts. I have never suggested treating people with veterinary medicine. As an epidemiologist I WILL tell you that the experience veterinarians have had in dealing with Corona viruses in animals is a reasonable model to understand. .

As someone who has had graduate level pharmacology classes I can also assure you that your use of the word "disinfectant" is too narrow and misleading. Misleading pretty much sums up almost all of your posts. Your mind is completely clouded with your political philosophy. It might be time for you to take another vacation.

Make your time on the board more enjoyable and block that clown.

You continue to make dishonest representations of my posts. I have never suggested treating people with veterinary medicine. As an epidemiologist I WILL tell you that the experience veterinarians have had in dealing with Corona viruses in animals is a reasonable model to understand.

You said what Trump said wasn't that far-fetched, when clearly it was. You tried to defend his statement on injecting disinfectants, which made you look silly. Just admit that he looked like a buffoon and move on. I wouldn't be poking fun of you for defending the indefensible if you would.

It's OK to admit that Trump is not the smartest guy in the room. Especially on matters of science. I don't think Biden is the smartest guy in the room. But if he becomes president, I can guarantee you that he won't make repeated comments minimizing this virus. It just won't happen. As leader of the free world, you should NEVER minimize something that has taken so many lives. Period. End of statement. It has confused his supporters, and has made them more resistant to the idea that this virus is something that needs to be taken seriously.

Misleading is trying to turn Trump's context of the word "disinfectant" on this topic into something of clinical value, which it clearly isn't. You are the one being misleading on this topic. Admit to it and move on.

Reactions: Catch50
Have been trying to understand the thought process here.

It's not about saving the lives of college aged kids.

For every college athlete that has been killed by COVID, I can post one that's been killed by any number of things we do every day, but we continue to do them (with precautions) even though they kill people.

So, apparently, it's about saving other people.

Fair enough, Good concern.

How does keeping healthy people from competing in sports save other people?

Because corona virus can be spread person to person asymptomatically, whether direct person to person contact or via aerosols.

Fair enough. Good concern.

Has the world ever seen anything that can be spread asymptomatically in the same exact manner, and kills huge numbers of people?

Why, yes. Interestingly enough, influenza has been around for thousands of years. It's spread person to person via various modes of transmission very similar to how corona spreads.

It's spread in huge numbers by symptomatic as well as asymptomatic carriers. Flu is readily spread by people with no symptoms.

And it, too, kills massive amounts of people.

50,000 - 80,000 in this country alone annually, depending on the source you use.

And how was it spread in 2019? and 2018? and in the '90's, and '80's and '70's and '60's as millions perished in an open, maskless, and non-socially-distanced society?

By symptomatic and asymptomatic carriers. At football games. And schools. And by students. And by athletes. And at church. And by fat guys in the stands. And in local hardware stores. And at Walmart. And in the BIG conference offices. And in meetings held by chancellors and school presidents.

Those people took their influenza germs home with them, went to a nursing home to visit someone, and it was lights out for hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of people.

And we played football. With stands full of people. And performed many other activities. Even though lives were at stake. Even though it was -- literally -- killing people.

Nice post.

The idiots who are making these decisions aren't using logic and rationale. They using fear and panic similar to climate change. There were scary bullshit videos from China that got everything going and now even when people see it's not what was claimed they have a cognitive dissonance issue and can't move on because they're dumb sheep. It's 60-80% of the country unfortunately.

Reactions: bshirt73
HIs son is an adult college student. His adult college student can make up his own mind on what is best. If it was my son I would have a discussion but, in the end, it would be his decision. Warren has already publically stated that his family has had some "very difficult" conversations about this situation.

Kevin Warren has two distinct roles: Commissioner of the B10 and parent. Decisions made as part of his job are not controlling on choices made as parent and vice-versa.
Some will view him as a hypocrite; they ignore that distinction and their separate responsibilities. All I know is that people would flip shit if any other parent showed up and yanked his son from the practice field against his wishes.

Can you gtfo of here with the things no one has said?

You said what Trump said wasn't that far-fetched, when clearly it was. You tried to defend his statement on injecting disinfectants, which made you look silly. Just admit that he looked like a buffoon and move on. I wouldn't be poking fun of you for defending the indefensible if you would.

It's OK to admit that Trump is not the smartest guy in the room. Especially on matters of science. I don't think Biden is the smartest guy in the room. But if he becomes president, I can guarantee you that he won't make repeated comments minimizing this virus. It just won't happen. As leader of the free world, you should NEVER minimize something that has taken so many lives. Period. End of statement. It has confused his supporters, and has made them more resistant to the idea that this virus is something that needs to be taken seriously.

Misleading is trying to turn Trump's context of the word "disinfectant" on this topic into something of clinical value, which it clearly isn't. You are the one being misleading on this topic. Admit to it and move on.

You're right.

Biden has promised that he'll rid America of the Covid virus when he gets in office.

I mean, if he has the actual plan, why not share it now so that he would save thousands of lives? Or is it simply a political bullshit statement like much of what he says?

oh well, if everyone dies in the sec, acc, and big 12........then I guess it's gonna be big vs pac in 2021

Reactions: GBRforLife1
to be fair, there will be plenty of football. just not NU football.

Nebraska with a good year might have made top 25. We have 5 other schools with top 10 potential and tOSU pre-season #1. Can you imagine if we had the team tOSU has this year and got the season pulled out from under us while other conferences played. There should be a lot of powerful people at 5 B10 universities making a big stink right now.

If you don't think these "top people with tons of money" don't take into consideration all the restaurants and businesses that thrive because of football/ sports, you're out of your mind.

This is a very serious medical situation. End of story.

It’s serious when the CDC website revised deaths DIRECTLY related to this down to around 6500 with all of the others now contributed to other serious existing issues? Sounds more like a common annual virus that’s hyped just a smidgen.

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
if you have one of the commorbidities, and wanna give it whirl, knock yourself out.
i dont, and while i was considered essential worker i never been quarantined.
i avoid crowds as a rule and have generally played it safe.
its not that hard.

b1g couldve done the same.

again, are they having classes? this bs is obvious, and has been proven.

Chipotle = Husker Doo. You’re a weak man. Stick to one handle.

Yet another conspiracy theory?? C'mon man. Chipotlehusker is a good man, but I assure you that we are two separate people.

What is it with you guys and conspiracy theories?? Oh, I forgot, the POTUS lives his life based on conspiracy theories. Makes much more sense now.

Commercial Real Estate is going to be the biggest loser in all of this.

Look at downtown New York and Manhattan. They'll never recover.
It will take huge income tax credit incentives IMO and a law and order governor and mayor. Who wants to open a business in an area where you can't depend on the elected officials to protect your patrons and assets?

neither does covid.
The problem for Dr's and nurses is that they have the same distribution of health problems as the general public. You combine that with the crappy working conditions and extreme stress they experienced in New York City (in part due to the tremendous number of nursing home patients in the ICU) and you get more deaths in the medical community than we should have. We're not seeing anywhere close to the number of cases or fatalities in the caregivers now that we saw in New York City early on.

I am very careful about mistaking correlation. Still plenty of health care workers are dying young. One reason is because they are exposed to so many patients with covid-19.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...-care-workers-in-their-20s-killed-by-covid-19
Nice tear jerker story about a guy was clearly morbidly obese. The number one and two comorbities that will lead to your death from COVID are OBESITY and Diabetes. What do you want to bet that he had both of those AND looking at the huge fat blob under his chin I would bet he had heart disease as well. When people don't care enough about themselves to take care of their own health there's not much you can do.

Nice tear jerker story about a guy was clearly morbidly obese. The number one and two comorbities that will lead to your death from COVID are OBESITY and Diabetes. What do you want to bet that he had both of those AND looking at the huge fat blob under his chin I would bet he had heart disease as well. When people don't care enough about themselves to take care of their own health there's not much you can do.

Quit looking out for someone else to be responsible for you. I've had an aunt die in her mid-30s and another die in her early 40s because of heart issues from morbid obesity. They were great people who didn't deserve to die young, but they didn't take care of themselves. You are the only one who will be the most concerned about yourself. Do something about it.

And yet they were alive before covid. And working hard. You have the same old tired argument about personal responsibility. I'm a bit overweight but no where near morbidly. When I'm hungry, I can't function.
I'm diabetic and low blood sugar is very dangerous. It happens to me a few times a year. Before I was married, I used to exercise. Now I have a 93 year old mother in law living with us who has dementia. My teacher wife is workaholic. I argue with my wife because I have no time for exercise.

I also went thru chemo for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I don't think most doctors really know what causes it.

That's real life. You're no better than me. Or most people with covid.

And yet they were alive before covid. And working hard. You have the same old tired argument about personal responsibility. I'm a bit overweight but no where near morbidly. When I'm hungry, I can't function.
I'm diabetic and low blood sugar is very dangerous. It happens to me a few times a year. Before I was married, I used to exercise. Now I have a 93 year old mother in law living with us who has dementia. My teacher wife is workaholic. I argue with my wife because I have no time for exercise.

I also went thru chemo for Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma. I don't think most doctors really know what causes it.

Ahhh the truth comes out. Obese and diabetic cancer survivor. Now we understand your militant stand on shutting things down. Well I'm in my 60s, have an autoimmune disease that necessitates me being on a T cell regulator, AND I have chronic asthma. I say open up and let those of us who have those comorbidities take the necessary precautions.

Reactions: bshirt73
Ahhh the truth comes out. Obese and diabetic cancer survivor. Now we understand your militant stand on shutting things down. Well I'm in my 60s, have an autoimmune disease that necessitates me being on a T cell regulator, AND I have chronic asthma. I say open up and let those of us who have those comorbidities take the necessary precautions.

I have stayed mostly home, always wear a mask and so far I am ok.

This is not a political stance to me. I am accepting reality. Meanwhile, the more schools, etc. open up, the more it spreads. At least the positive tests.

Exactly dinglefritz. I too am in my 60s and of course could get sick anytime....so what? When I do.....so be it. No one lives even remotely close to forever. Let the chips fall where they may.

Just let me see NU cfb......those 20 year old healthy kids will be just fine. At least as safe as kids in car wrecks, lightning strikes, ect., etc. I'm convinced the major problem is the snowflakes just desperately need things to bitch, whine and moan about.

You're right.

Biden has promised that he'll rid America of the Covid virus when he gets in office.

I mean, if he has the actual plan, why not share it now so that he would save thousands of lives? Or is it simply a political bullshit statement like much of what he says?

Well, Dementia Joe has a rough, tough time trying to remember more than one or two things.

Reactions: dinglefritz

That's real life for an unhealthy person.

Exactly dinglefritz. I too am in my 60s and of course could get sick anytime....so what? When I do.....so be it. No one lives even remotely close to forever. Let the chips fall where they may.

Just let me see NU cfb......those 20 year old healthy kids will be just fine. At least as safe as kids in car wrecks, lightning strikes, ect., etc. I'm convinced the major problem is the snowflakes just desperately need things to bitch, whine and moan about.

Your last sentence is wrong.

Reactions: chipotlehusker
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT