ADVERTISEMENT

It is brutal today

I bought a husky robotic mower....mowed 1 time this year to get up all the leaves with a hand mower...and haven't mowed since...life is good

Nest pushed out an update last night the basically shut off my thermostat. Had to manually charge the battery and reset it

Changed out a motor on a rooftop ac unit installed in 98. Steel on one side, brick on the other two sides, river rock/black rubberized rooftop, no shade, no wind can get through due to the multi tiered roof me on a lower tier walls all around and sun just blazing on in.

Ended up getting goosebumps and the chills while up there. I think I was that -><- close to heat stroke. Only sweat left was in my shirt.

Stay hydrated!

We are always hot this time of year here in Central Washington. It will be 100 today, 104 tomorrow and 106 on Saturday. Luckily we have low humidity, but it is still hot.
Always hard to fathom how hot it does tend to get there.... but it's a dry heat?!?

Reactions: Sinomatic
We are always hot this time of year here in Central Washington. It will be 100 today, 104 tomorrow and 106 on Saturday. Luckily we have low humidity, but it is still hot.
Ive experienced your hot. In the shade, it feels like 75.

Those working outside, stay safe.
Finished irrigating the sweet corn patch and quit before noon today. Thought about replacing some culverts to and from some pastures but then punted. Brutal but up here it seemed better today with the breeze and a little bit lower humidity. Heat Index was still up around 107. Went out last night late to turn off a hose running on some 10" spruce trees we spaded in last fall and you could hardly breathe. 88F with about the same humidity.

Last edited:
Reactions: countrybob
We call days like that Monday, Tuesday........ down here between June and early Sept.

I feel for those who have to make a living fixing A/C or working on roofs during this type of weather.

nothing like filling up the top layers with square bails in an old barn on days like this. no air movement, dark, dusty beyond belief( that you couldn't really see it), heat and humidity coming from the outside and the bales producing their own heat from underneath. almost got me once.

Who remembers detasseling? Started the day off strong, kind of cool and plenty of dew on the stalks. Would take a lunch by 11:00, but by 2:00, was walking the rows in a heat induced zombie-like trance. Then it was straight to some AC or the pool to pee in of course

Who remembers detasseling? Started the day off strong, kind of cool and plenty of dew on the stalks. Would take a lunch by 11:00, but by 2:00, was walking the rows in a heat induced zombie-like trance. Then it was straight to some AC or the pool to pee in of course
That job was my definition of hell on earth… I lasted 4 days, got fired… one of the best days of my life

Brutal. Did that for 3.25 an hour in Junior High. No thank you.

the fricken mosqitoes. would have to wear hooded sweat shirts drawn up with a tiny hole to look out with a lit cigar to keep the dirty little basttards from sucking all the blood out you. always good for a fight or two to break out down towards the end of those 2 mile long rows after someone hit you in head with a half grown ear of corn

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT