ADVERTISEMENT

It gets nasty cold up north in December. Will games be played....

BigRedBeliever

Redshirt Freshman
Aug 24, 2004
Dallas, Texas
in Dome stadiums? I know the NFL plays in cold nasty climates. However the BIG championship is usually played the first week in December in a dome stadium to get out of the cold. What is your take on this?

Some domed stadiums just in the B1G footprint:
Lucas Oil Field (Indy)
Ford Field (Detroit)
U.S. Bank Stadium (Minneapolis)
UNI Dome (Cedar Falls, IA)
Superior Dome (Marquette, MI)

They have options if they want them. Use 3-4 of these to host 2+ games each. I don't care, just play football ffs.

in Dome stadiums? I know the NFL plays in cold nasty climates. However the BIG championship is usually played the first week in December in a dome stadium to get out of the cold. What is your take on this?
Your avatar blows.

Lucas Oil Field (Indy)
Ford Field (Detroit)

They have options if they want them. Use 3-4 of these to host 2+ games each. I don't care, just play football ffs.
b10 has already talked to ford field.

This is of course the reason teams from the north are not allowed to be part of the NFL playoffs which take place in December and January. It's impossible to play football in cold or snowy conditions so it simply was disallowed following the famous Ice Bowl between Green Bay and Dallas.

Incomplete list of teams banned from playoff home games:

Seahawks
Packers
Bears
Browns
Bengals
Steelers
Eagles
Bills
Patriots
Giants
Jets

The weather is a concern for the fans. Playing football in the snow is freaking awesome and should be encouraged.

We've gotten AWFULLY soft lately. I was there when we played OU at negative whatever wind chill, so were 75K other people.

Lucas Oil Field (Indy)
Ford Field (Detroit)

So is Miller Park an option? Natural grass, but IMO, makes more sense as an option than either the Carrier Dome or the UNI Dome.
GBR!

Lucas Oil Field (Indy)
Ford Field (Detroit)

B1G won’t use the uniDome. It’s turf is like asphalt...think 80s AstroTurf that’s aged. Just tiny exaggeration

This is of course the reason teams from the north are not allowed to be part of the NFL playoffs which take place in December and January. It's impossible to play football in cold or snowy conditions so it simply was disallowed following the famous Ice Bowl between Green Bay and Dallas.

Incomplete list of teams banned from playoff home games:

Seahawks
Packers
Bears
Browns
Bengals
Steelers
Eagles
Bills
Patriots
Giants
Jets

The weather is a concern for the fans. Playing football in the snow is freaking awesome and should be encouraged.

We've gotten AWFULLY soft lately. I was there when we played OU at negative whatever wind chill, so were 75K other people.
Not disagreeing with you but Seattle? Really?

ADVERTISEMENT