ADVERTISEMENT

It could always be worse, that boring Iowa team and their fans are even worse.

Thortulz

Walk On
Jan 6, 2008
At least today we saw glimpses of a bright future while the Iowa fans saw a dismal future unfolding.

Always remember as nebraska fans it is far better to watch our Cornhuskers dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor Iowa spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they and their Hawkeyes live in the gray twilight that knows not national championships only "wait until next year".

If anyone watched both games today it was more than a bit noticeable which team looked like it will be a contender in the coming years while the other just looked tired and slow, the KKKeyes

At least today we saw glimpses of a bright future while the Iowa fans saw a dismal future unfolding.

Always remember as nebraska fans it is far better to watch our Cornhuskers dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor Iowa spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they and their Hawkeyes live in the gray twilight that knows not national championships only "wait until next year".

If anyone watched both games today it was more than a bit noticeable which team looked like it will be a contender in the coming years while the other just looked tired and slow, the KKKeyes
I would just be happy if Frost could beat either Iowa or Purdue. You make it sound like it shouldn’t be that tough, yet they have slapped Scott with losses every year.

I'd rather fail trying to go 12-0 than succeed trying to go 7-5.
Exactly. There was an article a while back comparing the two programs to Tin Cup, that was pretty spot on. Iowa is David Sims playing for his par and Nebraska is Roy McAvoy always going for it. They both just shake their head at each other and don’t understand how they can be the way they are. “Nice par David”. “Yea, nice 12 Roy.”

I tried watching Purdue take advantage of their slow, plodding opponent but decided to take a nap and just watch the last 5 minutes where the kkkeyes always fold in the close games.

Lol this thread is the epitome of being a husker fan in 2020. After losing 52-17, maybe let's slow down the smack talk. Same crap people been saying for years and then the team folds

Reactions: Oiler402
I don't think you would. You'd still be making your way to our board -- constantly crying like a little bitch -- regardless of what happens.
I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens if Frost can get over the hump and beat both of these programs. Can’t speculate on something he has been unable to do in his time as head coach.

I guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens if Frost can get over the hump and beat both of these programs. Can’t speculate on something he has been unable to do in his time as head coach.

Sounds good. I think we already know, though.

Your team got run yesterday by Purdue's backup coaches and players, yet you spent all day and night up here anyway.

I would just be happy if Frost could beat either Iowa or Purdue. You make it sound like it shouldn’t be that tough, yet they have slapped Scott with losses every year.

That’s the arrogance of the Nebraska fan base. “It could be worse. We could be losing to Purdue like we have every year under Brohm v frost lol

I tried watching Purdue take advantage of their slow, plodding opponent but decided to take a nap and just watch the last 5 minutes where the kkkeyes always fold in the close games.

Yeah it’s weird.. the Hawkeyes fell victim to a comeback winning drive to O’Connell. If only I could find a team in Lincoln that that also happened to mere games ago? Head scratcher

Your team got run yesterday by Purdue's backup coaches and players, yet you spent all day and night up here anyway.

Sure would suck if Nebraska lost to O’Connell with Rondale Moore out lol.. oh and Lorenzo Neal also out. If only I could find that game.

That’s the arrogance of the Nebraska fan base. “It could be worse. We could be losing to Purdue like we have every year under Brohm v frost lol
maxresdefault.jpg

I went to Purdue. Yesterday wasn’t as bad as YOUR loss to us as we had Lorenzo Neal yesterday.. go back to the big 12. Nobody wants you in our conference
Lol. I'm on it.

Once we start beating Iowa and Purdue on the regular, it will mean we have finally managed to rise to the level of mediocre.

Might happen soon, might not.

Reactions: Hoboken Joe
good grief - I hope we aren’t in for yet another season of “it could always be worse” posts

I went to Purdue. Yesterday wasn’t as bad as YOUR loss to us as we had Lorenzo Neal yesterday.. go back to the big 12. Nobody wants you in our conference

Sorry you went to pure-don't. How is the fry bin working out for you? Based on pure-don'ts stellar football record, you should be in the mac or ohio valley or summit. pure-don't -- HA!

Lol. I'm on it.

Once we start beating Iowa and Purdue on the regular, it will mean we have finally managed to rise to the level of mediocre.

Might happen soon, might not.
Yep. If we want to contend for the conference, we have to beat the weak sisters first.

I know you are upset, but after Day officially gives his apology for running up the score, you will feel better.

good grief - I hope we aren’t in for yet another season of “it could always be worse” posts
Right. Good thing we have somebody around to remind us that Mike Riley once won 9 games.

Not sure what you were watching? Getting run by 5 touchdowns on National TV doesn’t reflect any ray of improvement.

Not sure what you were watching? Getting run by 5 touchdowns on National TV doesn’t reflect any ray of improvement.

According to the talking heads they felt differently, and said Nebraska better than last season..

It’s too bad we won’t find out how good Ioway is playing the best team in the conference and how they would fair...

If the Herky’s played Ohio St yesterday the results would have been the same except it would have been 49-10..

Reactions: DrRedDuke

Congrats OP! You went fishing and caught some big uns today! 😂😂😂

Holla

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
According to the talking heads they felt differently, and said Nebraska better than last season..

It’s too bad we won’t find out how good Ioway is playing the best team in the conference and how they would fair...

If the Herky’s played Ohio St yesterday the results would have been the same except it would have been 49-10..

Keep hiding your misery over yesterday’s exposure of your 20+ year rebuild by discussing Iowa.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT