ADVERTISEMENT

It’s happening...

How is it delusional to take joy in an utterly incompetent leader being replaced? I would argue it is delusional to feel bad for a failure being dismissed solely because he was nice while collecting 7 figures to run our beloved program into the ground. The PC crap needs to end. Put up or shut up. GTFO
It is amazing what people can get away with by just being nice. That game yesterday was an utter symphony of destruction on display of a once proud program. I shed a tear yesterday. Forgive me if I don’t shed one for the maestro of the symphony.

I'm sure it will be on the Husker website as well as wowt.com or any of the Omaha TV stations.

How is it delusional to take joy in an utterly incompetent leader being replaced? I would argue it is delusional to feel bad for a failure being dismissed solely because he was nice while collecting 7 figures to run our beloved program into the ground. The PC crap needs to end. Put up or shut up. GTFO

Because there are many more lives affected besides Mike Riley. How about the children of the assistant coaches? The players on this team who are close to the coaches.

It didn't work out and that's sad. We move on because we have to, not because it's a happy occurrence when people get fired.

This is a big problem in our society where people without empathy can't see past how an event affects them.

She’s in Idaho.
Well...
tumblr_inline_nmxytruZPI1sy2mk0_250.gif

Reactions: newAD
Because there are many more lives affected besides Mike Riley. How about the children of the assistant coaches? The players on this team who are close to the coaches.

It didn't work out and that's sad. We move on because we have to, not because it's a happy occurrence when people get fired.

This is a big problem in our society where people without empathy can't see past how an event affects them.
I understand the empathy argument but as a son of a former coach, I can attest that these men take the job not for their families or thinking of their children but because of the money and the promotion involved. The wives and children were lost long ago in the chaos of big time college football, now they are compensated well above their worth, and one of the only arguments for this is to soften the blow of immediate dismissal, and to placate the families of those who are tossed around by these somewhat arbitrary hirings and firings. I find my job meaningful, and helpful to society. I change peoples lives for the better every single day, but these assistant coaches will make my yearly salary in a matter of days, and produce nothing for it.

I understand the empathy argument but as a son of a former coach, I can attest that these men take the job not for their families or thinking of their children but because of the money and the promotion involved. The wives and children were lost long ago in the chaos of big time college football, now they are compensated well above their worth, and one of the only arguments for this is to soften the blow of immediate dismissal, and to placate the families of those who are tossed around by these somewhat arbitrary hirings and firings. I find my job meaningful, and helpful to society. I change peoples lives for the better every single day, but these assistant coaches will make my yearly salary in a matter of days, and produce nothing for it.
This!!!

Unfortunately there are people taking joy. My dad is one.
That surprises me. I'll wait until I see who the next coach is before I feel excitement or not. Frost is certainly no lock. If i was an up and coming coach, I'd take pause before going to Nebraska. Something is way off right now.

Even worse, that ass clown Bo making 120 K till 2019!!
I agree - he is a psychopath - but when he left, our program was just outside the top 25 looking in. Now we are no where close. He was a dick and I wanted him gone as much as anyone, but you can argue he is more fairly compensated than Riley.

I have a friend whose dad turned down an assistant coaching job in the NFL in order to keep stability for his family. Not many guys would have done that.

Looks like they retracted that tweet. Only a matter of time though.
People being happy about their own states failures. Is what is Delusional. 95% of you loons wanted him to fail. Each week Frothy won it got worse. A ravenous pack of drunk a$$ cranky old trolls with pitch forks and fire sticks. If it ant Frosty or some other ancient failure from the crept. It'll be off with his head too . Run the ball they screamed as they were all tossed to their peral. In the end all the village idiots ran us to the edge of the cliff. Happy turkey Day !! Enjoy

People being happy about their own states failures. Is what is Delusional. 95% of you loons wanted him to fail. Each week Frothy won it got worse. A ravenous pack of drunk a$$ cranky old trolls with pitch forks and fire sticks. If it ant Frosty or some other ancient failure from the crept. It'll be off with his head too . Run the ball they screamed as they were all tossed to their peral. In the end all the village idiots ran us to the edge of the cliff. Happy turkey Day !! Enjoy
Holy Hannah - cakes. It's only 11:30. Lay off the booze buddy. You can't possibly spell that poorly sober can you?

Don't know why you lumped me in. I was guardedly optimistic when he was hired, but admittedly was concerned when I had to Google his name when we hired him.

I've stated numerous times this season I wanted him to turn things around and prove people wrong, and earn another year. My comment was more that his firing is/was a foregone conclusion. Do I think he needed to go? Yes, based on results. I don't take joy in it, but it was the right move for the program.

Uh, Thanksgiving was 2 days ago. Might be time to sober up...

Lol at the pro-riley faction showing to shame people who want better the program

Then go be a coach, work your ass off, suck and get fired.

So weird that people get hung up on what coaches make. If you are really driven and good enough to get a head coach job at a P5, you aren't coaching for the money.

Riley was set for life before he took the job here. Being pissed at him for making more than you is more about you.

Can we not go into politics? Sports are supposed to be an escape.
Unfortunately some people are so consumed by politics, it interferes with thinking about anything else such as a historic change in the Nebraska football program. Really sad I have lost touch with friends and a couple relatives after the last election, but that is the way it is nowadays what with people consumed with hate.

Reactions: blk41flshrvrs

Ohhh, I think it's quite clear who has the psychological issues here.

Reactions: blk41flshrvrs
The amount of money they make is irrelevant other than they are worth whatever aomeone is willing to pay and it means they won't struggle economically after they are fired. It does say a lot about the priorities of our society though when professions like social work don't make a living wage despite providing a life and death service because no one wants to pay taxes.

It's also a sad day simply because it didn't work. There isn't anyone that really cares about Nebraska football that wanted Riley to fail.

The happy day will be if/when a great coach is introduced.

Exactly enough with the PC bullshit. There's nothing to be thankful for putting up with a grossly incompetent coach the last 3 years. I don't give one shit how nice he acts in public. That's a bare minimum standard at any job.

I'm happy as he'll he's gone and will be even happier when we hire a great coach to bring our Huskers back. GBR

ADVERTISEMENT