ADVERTISEMENT

It’s happening...

giphy.gif

BREAKING NEWS: Mike Riley has been fired as the head football coach at the University of Nebraska. In three seasons as Huskers head coach, Riley was 19-19.
From Big Red Wrap Up

Looks like they retracted that tweet. Only a matter of time though.

Agree with this completely.

I think "taking joy" in someone getting fired is not healthy for a football program that has been at this crossroads too many times in the past.

But I don't feel badly for Mike Riley, not one bit. He is getting paid what we could only dream in a lottery. I refuse to feel badly for him.

I feel bad for some of those young coaches but that's the game they play. Riley and Cav need to just retire.
I feel sorry for the players. They build strong emotional attachments to these coaches. It is very difficult for them to see someone they respect and love walk out the door.

It is the right thing to do to fire Riley. But the people on here that are so excited and can't see the personal side of things is really sad.

I have had the unfortunate responsibility of letting way to many people go. It is never easy and it always impacts much more than the one individual.

People just need to takes this as what it is, a sad situation and hopefully a step forward for all. It certainly shouldn't be a celebration.

How is it delusional to take joy in an utterly incompetent leader being replaced? I would argue it is delusional to feel bad for a failure being dismissed solely because he was nice while collecting 7 figures to run our beloved program into the ground. The PC crap needs to end. Put up or shut up. GTFO

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT