ADVERTISEMENT

It’s Game Week!!

10Trvln

Graduate Assistant
Feb 5, 2011
6 more days and we can talk about how this football team looks better or if it’s more of the same. Make comparisons between Casey and Martinez. See what the Run-Pass ratio actually looks like. See if we finally have someone (hopefully more than 1) that can get to the QB.

My feeling is that there will be much more to cheer about. GBR!!

6 more days and we can talk about how this football team looks better or if it’s more of the same. Make comparisons between Casey and Martinez. See what the Run-Pass ratio actually looks like. See if we finally have someone (hopefully more than 1) that can get to the QB.

Me too.

Reactions: 10Trvln

Def an interesting season this year, given what we've seen and known for too long the past several years.

Hopefully we can celebrate these dramatic changes from this off season and finally end our lamentations.

Curious if anyone has obligations that prevent them from watching the game live like a wedding, family reunion, moving your kid into his/her college dorm? My daughter’s high school marching band is participating in a parade that day that I have attended the last 3 years. Told her have fun cya when you get home. GBR!

When does the prediction thread go up?
I’m calling 8 wins.
I know, I know, they’ll have to prove it. I haven’t drank the Kool-Aid in a long time,

I’m just getting excited for some reason. I think Whipple, Mickey, and Applewhite are Huge upgrades from the other guys. Donnie has to prove it, for sure, I think r D can be pretty Salty this year,

1. I “Think” we will have a pretty good Pass Rush for the first time in a long time. And I like the other 2 levels of D.
2. I really think our STs will be pretty good.
Those 2 things will be a huge improvement from years past.
3. I really like the pieces added from the Portal. If the offensive line can do it’s Damn Job, I think we’re better at WR and a lot better at RB.

It’s all up to the Oline

I believe very good coaches can get players to give a 100% and we haven't had very good coaching in quite awhile. I will say Whipple is better than Lubick, Applewhite is way better than held, Joseph is way better than Lubick and Raiola seems to be just what Nebraska needs after Austin did very little with his group. I don't expect Nebraska to win the West but I do expect a much better team in 2022.

Nebraska has enough talent to be in every game and I think this is what most of us want. I feel most just want a team that plays hard doesn't turn the ball over and beat themselves. If you have a team that wins more than it loses and is competitive you see good recruits wanting to play at your school and you build on that.

The most important game in 2022 is against Northwestern, it set's the tone right out of the gate, you lose that game and things can unravel quickly.

I believe very good coaches can get players to give a 100% and we haven't had very good coaching in quite awhile. I will say Whipple is better than Lubick, Applewhite is way better than held, Joseph is way better than Lubick and Raiola seems to be just what Nebraska needs after Austin did very little with his group. I don't expect Nebraska to win the West but I do expect a much better team in 2022.

Nebraska has enough talent to be in every game and I think this is what most of us want. I feel most just want a team that plays hard doesn't turn the ball over and beat themselves. If you have a team that wins more than it loses and is competitive you see good recruits wanting to play at your school and you build on that.

The most important game in 2022 is against Northwestern, it set's the tone right out of the gate, you lose that game and things can unravel quickly.
I agree with you 100%. I believe you have to have good coaches to motivate the players to give everything they’ve got. I think it has to be a good mix of coaches and players though. If the D adopts Garrett Nelson’s attitude, they’ll be very fired up and want kick the other teams Ass!

Curious if anyone has obligations that prevent them from watching the game live like a wedding, family reunion, moving your kid into his/her college dorm? My daughter’s high school marching band is participating in a parade that day that I have attended the last 3 years. Told her have fun cya when you get home. GBR!
I won't be watching. I will listen but I'm making a road trip to pick up a new puppy. So I will catch highlights when I'm back home.

I do unfortunately. I've got a picnic meal I have to grill for and then head 3 hrs to a retirement party and then a 4 1/2 hrs drive that night to get to my granddaughter baptism Sunday morning

after the game frost will be giving a short re-cap to the press, then have a meeting about 0u with all the coaches...
Shaking my head. Game week press conference. He usually talks to media on Monday, but they are traveling tomorrow.

I will be glued to my TV next Saturday. Can't wait!! Been a long off season. Hopefully this is the year we turn this damn thing around finally and then get some recruiting momentum. I think we will beat Northwestern. My gut says we make some first game mistakes and there will be some glitches on offense initially. Nebraska 38 NW 17.
My only fear is the effect traveling such a distance will have on the players. Of course that is true for both teams...

Go Freaking Big Red!

Ok, just stop talking
people have eye balls, and those with functioning brains can see whats going on.
I don't need to be pestering frost on whats going on on the gridiron..
when it can be seen clearly. deeds, not words..

I am coaching my sons flag game at 11. So I’ll be watching the recorded version.

If I'm Trev, I'm going to pull the plug if they lose to NW.

Reactions: BleedRed78

DVR. You get to miss the commercials then also.

Looking back to last season and the OU game...I'm so glad we didn't end up pussin out on that....it sets up really great for us this year with all their turnover, assuming we get off to a great start and beat the shit out of NW!! Let's get this show on the road!!!

(copied from a thread I posted in earlier that I thought was this one cause I'm an idiot)

ADVERTISEMENT