Israel vs Palestine

nelsonj22

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Interesting how you “intellectuals” always resort to vulgar insults. You would think that you have a better grasp of the English language.
If it fits "send it" 🤷‍♂️ no reason to get all fancy when down in the mud

Again you deflect and talk dumb shit instead of coming up with anything that resembles an answer.

So how are Muslims and Christains not the exact same? Because one believes in Jesus was God's son and the other think he was just a man?

• Haha
Reactions: ...TrueColors...

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
If it fits "send it" 🤷‍♂️ no reason to get all fancy when down in the mud

Again you deflect and talk dumb shit instead of coming up with anything that resembles an answer.

So how are Muslims and Christains not the exact same? Because one believes in Jesus was God's son and the other think he was just a man?
It is stupid to argue with you, but when Jesus rose from the dead, he proved that he wasn’t “just a man”.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
It is stupid to argue with you, but when Jesus rose from the dead, he proved that he wasn’t “just a man”.
They put bells in coffin not to long ago due to so many "dead" people that weren't really dead. We can't believe something written today, but you full heartedly believe a book that's 1000s of years old and has been "translated" pretty loosely over that time.

Again in a ones better or worse what's the difference other than fictional characters?

Absolutely nothing

• Haha

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
They put bells in coffin not to long ago due to so many "dead" people that weren't really dead. We can't believe something written today, but you full heartedly believe a book that's 1000s of years old and has been "translated" pretty loosely over that time.

Again in a ones better or worse what's the difference other than fictional characters?

Absolutely nothing
Jesus was fictional? Tell that to Caesar.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Jesus was fictional? Tell that to Caesar.
No he lived but the fiction starts with "son of god" part.

David Blane would be the new Jesus if you stuck him back 2000 years ago.

Jesus had a wife and kids, but that's conveniently left out of the Bible.

• Haha

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Only one way for what? Genocide?
Wait, what genocide? You realize if Israel wanted to do that it wouldn't even come close to taking that form right? They are only taking "genocide " against rockets launching people? A rocket launching genocide?

sklarbodds

Administrator
Nov 30, 2006
Well it’s not like the territories in question haven’t been disputed before the British left in 1947 sparking the civil war. Before World War I, it was part of the Ottoman Empire, and has essentially traded controlling parties/countries every few decades for hundreds of years.

Also, it’s not just the Jewish “book” but also Christians and Muslims who hold the area, in heightened regard, due to religious beliefs.

The British intervened after WW 1, and the minority population of Jews faced religious persecution from the majority Muslims. The British attempted to establish two Zionist states separated by religious beliefs and the UN helped propose separate territories.

Meanwhile some militant Muslims had regular conflicts with the British.

The UN proposal was gladly accepted by the Jews (for some obvious reasons), while the Palestinian Muslims rejected it (some valid but also some petty reasons).

The state of Israel was fairly cooperative until they started to encroach outside of some of the agreed to boundaries, and some of the major issues include east Jerusalem. This further provoked the Palestinians.

And from there, both sides have been pretty shitty to eachother.

Thing is, it’s been a highly disputed territory for centuries, that has been primarily based on religious differences. All parties have legitimate claim to the area, the Jews have been there just as long as the Muslims. When the minority Jews sought asylum from the persecution, the UN tried to help.

Fast forward 70 years and now it’s just retaliatory back and forth that periodically escalates. Everyone has lost the plot. Drop the religious bullshit. Again, the majority of the civilians who had been polled around 5 years ago, just want a peaceful resolution. But that means taking the win where you win and the loss where you lose. And then be ****ing done with it. Move on.

It’s a damn shame. They act like they aren’t all one and the same, but they are. They let the fractional difference of belief in different “gods” destroy their lives.
Post more :)

Reactions: nelsonj22

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
No he lived but the fiction starts with "son of god" part.

David Blane would be the new Jesus if you stuck him back 2000 years ago.

Jesus had a wife and kids, but that's conveniently left out of the Bible.
Whatever you say, my man.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
NYTimes? That is the only source of any news I posted. Or are you referring to a cell video?
Yes that video was from a propaganda outfit. It's like the U.S. news groups that were verbatim spewing articles and phrases from the Chinese Communist Party.

Reactions: Bobfather

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Yes that video was from a propaganda outfit. It's like the U.S. news groups that were verbatim spewing articles and phrases from the Chinese Communist Party.

Don't be obtuse. It is a cell phone video from a citizen. Not a news report or propaganda. There are many more than the one I provided.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
The DaVinci code is a movie.

And the bible as we know it today is a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation of stories passed down for generations. All the while the folks in power leaving out things they didn't like and sensationalizing things they did like. Do a little research on the book you seem to hold in such high regard.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Wait, what genocide? You realize if Israel wanted to do that it wouldn't even come close to taking that form right? They are only taking "genocide " against rockets launching people? A rocket launching genocide?
You are a fvkcing idiot if you think those rockets weren't "earned". Isreal has dished out 1000x the horrors and destruction as they have received.

Most on the backs of tax payer money.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Honestly, not trolling like usual, is fox the same propaganda just the "other side" IYO?

• Haha

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
Yep and MM was Jesus's wife, that isn't from a movie lol
What's it from? where did this information come from? Jesus was never married. The Bible does reference a women that goes with him while he teaches and mentions her at his crucifixion and resurrection. But they weren't married.

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
And the bible as we know it today is a translation of a translation of a translation of a translation of stories passed down for generations. All the while the folks in power leaving out things they didn't like and sensationalizing things they did like. Do a little research on the book you seem to hold in such high regard.
I already did. Go research it yourself. But be careful, you'll become a believer. I was a skeptic at one time.

tb233

Graduate Assistant
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2017
I already did. Go research it yourself. But be careful, you'll become a believer. I was a skeptic at one time.

I grew up Catholic, went to mass multiple times a week, K-12 Catholic education, my grandpa was a deacon, etc etc. I’d be willing to bet I’ve studied the Bible and its history more than you have. When you look at it objectively, it’s just a collection of oral traditions. There’s a lot of really cool stories. That’s all they are. The Bible is no more or less credible than any other religious literature.

biscuitbagger3

All-American
Gold Member
Aug 9, 2009
I grew up Catholic, went to mass multiple times a week, K-12 Catholic education, my grandpa was a deacon, etc etc. I’d be willing to bet I’ve studied the Bible and its history more than you have. When you look at it objectively, it’s just a collection of oral traditions. There’s a lot of really cool stories. That’s all they are. The Bible is no more or less credible than any other religious literature.
A lot of them bare a stunning resemblance to older pagan traditions and stories too.

• Wow

williamsonframe

Senior
Gold Member
Sep 4, 2016
Nebraska
I grew up catholic went to church every week of my life until I was 18. Went to catholic school and hated it. Got away from it. Years later I started studying all the angles. Reading up on it more on my own from different angles and literature. I'm just not a Catholic believer.

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
You are a fvkcing idiot if you think those rockets weren't "earned". Isreal has dished out 1000x the horrors and destruction as they have received.

Sorry I'm not backing people where 90% of them celebrated the World Trade Center bombing in the streets. They can all go to hell.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Sorry I'm not backing people where 90% of them celebrated the World Trade Center bombing in the streets. They can all go to hell.
Really? Can you not understand how big of pieces of shit the US has been to that region for 100 years?

100% if you were born there you would hate the US too, just like if we had that situation with a bordering country and China ran the world and gave Mexico billions in weapons to kill our kids and families. We would be loading up and driving to the "boarder"

franzix

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 25, 2003
Sheep in the White House. Wolves come out.
Who are the wolves in this case? The lefties seem to think it's Netanyahu, while the righties seem to think it's Hamas. I don't know, but I lean toward it being Netanyahu's way to maintain his position with an upcoming election.

Who knows, 'cause I'm no genius when it comes to Middle East issues.

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
So you think genocide is OK with God? Have you ever read the teachings of Jesus?
Nelson, you’re blissfully ignorant of Christianity or Judaism, so you should probably STFU and keep to your wheelhouse. Speaking of which, for a master of 3 disciplines, you sure as hell have a lot of time to post on these boards. Either business sucks or you dont get a lot of stuff done during the day.

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
Nelson, you’re blissfully ignorant of Christianity or Judaism, so you should probably STFU and keep to your wheelhouse. Speaking of which, for a master of 3 disciplines, you sure as hell have a lot of time to post on these boards. Either business sucks or you dont get a lot of stuff done during the day.
You must of missed it, I'm literally a cow farmer now. Gave up the ole plumbing and heating a couple months ago. Figured 3 masters licenses @33 years old, and I had done it 1/3 of my life was a sign 🤷‍♂️ That and I was getting too busy and I really can't turn down work very well.

I was running bulls through a snake yesterday so I had lots of time.

Here's a post I put up when I made the switch.

whiteshoes97

Head Coach
Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004

They’ve dished out 1000x the destruction because they are far superior from a military perspective… and generally have every right to use any means necessary to defend themselves from Hamas

Reactions: 81husker

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
You must of missed it, I'm literally a cow farmer now. Gave up the ole plumbing and heating a couple months ago. Figured 3 masters licenses @33 years old, and I had done it 1/3 of my life was a sign 🤷‍♂️ That and I was getting too busy and I really can't turn down work very well.

I was running bulls through a snake yesterday so I had lots of time.

Here's a post I put up when I made the switch.

Cow farming much less time intensive then? Or are your fingers going 100 mile an hour while the cows are waiting for the love?

Latest posts