Israel vs Palestine

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
Pretty clear in this picture. One is firing rockets into the city, the other is firing rockets to take out the rockets (iron dome). All the Palestinian/Hamas/Hezbollah/Al Qaeda/ISIS/ISIL lovers whose hearts break when they show the same Palestinian children being pulled out of the rubble over and over on the CBS evening news (and I mean the EXACT same children), understand that one is offensive and the other is defensive. How long should a nation stand with its backs against the wall blocking attacks until it goes on the offensive?

BB1gIUOI.img

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
The whole situation is terribly sad and frustrating. Both sides have legitimate reasons to feel slighted and provoked. It’s poor leadership between the Palestinians and Israelis governed by religious sentiment. The Oslo accords have failed but both sides played a part in that, IMO.

The real tragedy is I bet the majority of the civilians just want a peaceful resolution and an officially recognized territory allotment. But instead there will be bloody feuds that continue, primarily because neither side trusts the other and the weight of history is too much to move forward amicably.

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Pretty clear in this picture. One is firing rockets into the city, the other is firing rockets to take out the rockets (iron dome). All the Palestinian/Hamas/Hezbollah/Al Qaeda/ISIS/ISIL lovers whose hearts break when they show the same Palestinian children being pulled out of the rubble over and over on the CBS evening news (and I mean the EXACT same children), understand that one is offensive and the other is defensive. How long should a nation stand with its backs against the wall blocking attacks until it goes on the offensive?

BB1gIUOI.img

Do you happen to know what started this recent wave of rocket attacks, Oldschool?

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
At what point do we ever realize we are all virtually the same, despite our differences, and we are blessed with one life on this beautiful planet. It’s so short and comes with its own inherent tragedies as part of the ride.

Do we really want to spend it fighting eachother like this. Just a waste.

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
Yeah! It was Joe Biden!!

Well, we all know he is the root evil of all the bad in the world, but other than that. The real cause is much less black and white, deeply rooted in history but also recent events that are all caught on video and widely reported around the world.

You won't hear this in the MSM that I know you trust so much, but these are the facts that led up to recent events:

1) Israel blocked Palestinians access to Jerusalem and specifically the Al-Aqsa mosque during their holy month, which is their historical holy site in Jerusalem. They aren't supposed to be able to do this.

2) In Gaza, the Palestinians who were blocked from accessing their place of worship during their holy month peacefully protested.

3) As has become Israel's strategy to quell protests, Israel raided the Al-Aqsa mosque and the worshippers inside in Jerusalem (who weren't a part of the Gaza protests, mind you) as a way to "punish" the Gaza protesters.

But this time they went a bit farther than usual. Israeli troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets indiscriminately at women, men, and children who had been just chilling are praying. Hundreds were injured.

4) After the injured were brought to a hospital, Israeli troops raided the hospital with flash grenades and rubber bullets, injuring doctors, nurses, and more Palestinians.

5) They did this for multiple nights in a row.
6). Violence began to erupt in Gaza in protest.
7) Israel launched attacks in response to the protests, killing Palestinians.
8) Hamas responded with rocket attacks against Israel.
9) MSM news began to report Hamas attacked Israel with rockets.
10) You saw the reports and drew the conclusion Hamas attacked Israel for no reason.

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Well, we all know he is the root evil of all the bad in the world, but other than that. The real cause is much less black and white, deeply rooted in history but also recent events that are all caught on video and widely reported around the world.

You won't hear this in the MSM that I know you trust so much, but these are the facts that led up to recent events:

1) Israel blocked Palestinians access to Jerusalem and specifically the Al-Aqsa mosque during their holy month, which is their historical holy site in Jerusalem. They aren't supposed to be able to do this.

2) In Gaza, the Palestinians who were blocked from accessing their place of worship during their holy month peacefully protested.

3) As has become Israel's strategy to quell protests, Israel raided the Al-Aqsa mosque and the worshippers inside in Jerusalem (who weren't a part of the Gaza protests, mind you) as a way to "punish" the Gaza protesters.

But this time they went a bit farther than usual. Israeli troops fired tear gas and rubber bullets indiscriminately at women, men, and children who had been just chilling are praying. Hundreds were injured.

4) After the injured were brought to a hospital, Israeli troops raided the hospital with flash grenades and rubber bullets, injuring doctors, nurses, and more Palestinians.

10) You saw the reports and drew the conclusion Hamas attacked Israel for no reason.
^^^Palestinian spokesman ^^^

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014

I am repeating news, bro. I don't think Israel is the evil so many do. And I do NOT support Hamas attacking Israel with rockets.

But, I also like to have *some* understanding of the real causes of these types of issues.

The biggest problem I have is that when Israel oversteps its bounds it causes blowback on the United States due to our implicit support.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Please do tell me how Pa
I am repeating news, bro. I don't think Israel is the evil so many do. I also like to have *some* understanding of what the real causes are to issues.

The biggest issue for me is when Israel oversteps its bounds it causes blowback on the United States due to our implicit support.
The problem is is that the collective world decided to give Jewish refugees other peoples land because of a book that some people believe in. Then those refugees decided to occupy the shit out of the rest of the country. Israel is the United States, Palestine are the Native Americans.

It’s literally one of the top five worlds super powers militaries, versus a bunch of rockthrowing scud missile’s.

steinek11

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2014
Again, I’ll ask all the Nebraskans on this board, how would you feel if the rest of the United States decided that they were going to put 100,000 Syrian refugees in Grand Island. And 50 years from now those Syrian refugees storm the way in occupied all of Nebraska except for Hastings, including Memorial Stadium. When you decide to throw rocks and revolt, are you the terrorist? Or are the oppressors the terrorist? Or are the people who Designated the land there’s the Terrorists?

scopeandtime

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Gold Member
Jul 3, 2016
Again, I’ll ask all the Nebraskans on this board, how would you feel if the rest of the United States decided that they were going to put 100,000 Syrian refugees in Grand Island. And 50 years from now those Syrian refugees storm the way in occupied all of Nebraska except for Hastings, including Memorial Stadium. When you decide to throw rocks and revolt, are you the terrorist? Or are the oppressors the terrorist? Or are the people who Designated the land there’s the Terrorists?
I never liked Hastings much, so...

maggs

Recruiting Coordinator
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2001
Please do tell me how Pa

The problem is is that the collective world decided to give Jewish refugees other peoples land because of a book that some people believe in. Then those refugees decided to occupy the shit out of the rest of the country. Israel is the United States, Palestine are the Native Americans.

It’s literally one of the top five worlds super powers militaries, versus a bunch of rockthrowing scud missile’s.
All I need to know is how to read a map to understand Israel’s position on things. Are they a power in the region? Absolutely, thank God.

Soda Popinski

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 15, 2009
Lincoln via Moscow
Yeah, because Syrians, Nebraskans and Kansans have been killing each other in order to control Hastings for six thousand years.

Last edited:
Reactions: ...TrueColors...

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001

#2 is complete false information.

Here is what TrueRed calls a "peaceful" terrorist protest

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2858496/jerusalem-palestinians-gunned-stun-grenades-al-aqsa-mosque/

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Israel is committing massive human rights violations, and hide behind anti-semitism when called out on their atrocities.
That is extremely dumb. Do you ever call out those that fire rockets at civilian areas? You do realize they had the rockets "ready" for this, but yeah they are ever so peaceful right?

Reactions: 1160

lost_in_office_space

Senior
Gold Member
Jul 2, 2007
Please do tell me how Pa

Well it’s not like the territories in question haven’t been disputed before the British left in 1947 sparking the civil war. Before World War I, it was part of the Ottoman Empire, and has essentially traded controlling parties/countries every few decades for hundreds of years.

Also, it’s not just the Jewish “book” but also Christians and Muslims who hold the area, in heightened regard, due to religious beliefs.

The British intervened after WW 1, and the minority population of Jews faced religious persecution from the majority Muslims. The British attempted to establish two Zionist states separated by religious beliefs and the UN helped propose separate territories.

Meanwhile some militant Muslims had regular conflicts with the British.

The UN proposal was gladly accepted by the Jews (for some obvious reasons), while the Palestinian Muslims rejected it (some valid but also some petty reasons).

The state of Israel was fairly cooperative until they started to encroach outside of some of the agreed to boundaries, and some of the major issues include east Jerusalem. This further provoked the Palestinians.

And from there, both sides have been pretty shitty to eachother.

Thing is, it’s been a highly disputed territory for centuries, that has been primarily based on religious differences. All parties have legitimate claim to the area, the Jews have been there just as long as the Muslims. When the minority Jews sought asylum from the persecution, the UN tried to help.

Fast forward 70 years and now it’s just retaliatory back and forth that periodically escalates. Everyone has lost the plot. Drop the religious bullshit. Again, the majority of the civilians who had been polled around 5 years ago, just want a peaceful resolution. But that means taking the win where you win and the loss where you lose. And then be ****ing done with it. Move on.

It’s a damn shame. They act like they aren’t all one and the same, but they are. They let the fractional difference of belief in different “gods” destroy their lives.

philosophusker

Athletic Director
Gold Member
Jan 16, 2004
Jonesboro, Arkansas (York, NE originally)
Yeah! It was Joe Biden!!
That is it! I will only vote for Joe one more time and that is all! I have had it with him he sure does seem to cause all of the world's problems all of a sudden!

I mean, he is not as bad as Trump of course. We all know that. But, he's pretty bad!

Maybe we should get Biden to golf all the time to minimize the problems he can cause, like we did with Trump.

Reactions: nelsonj22

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014

BB1gIUOI.img
Well the constantly attack Palestine and murder innocent women and children, wouldn't you fight back or would you just run and hide like a poosie?

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
The whole situation is terribly sad and frustrating. Both sides have legitimate reasons to feel slighted and provoked. It’s poor leadership between the Palestinians and Israelis governed by religious sentiment. The Oslo accords have failed but both sides played a part in that, IMO.

The real tragedy is I bet the majority of the civilians just want a peaceful resolution and an officially recognized territory allotment. But instead there will be bloody feuds that continue, primarily because neither side trusts the other and the weight of history is too much to move forward amicably.
Religion is really the devil and fvcks up soo much shit/causes so much pain and suffering.

• Haha
Reactions: ...TrueColors...

Oldschool1964

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jun 27, 2009
Your mom's house
That is it! I will only vote for Joe one more time and that is all! I have had it with him he sure does seem to cause all of the world's problems all of a sudden!

I mean, he is not as bad as Trump of course. We all know that. But, he's pretty bad!

Maybe we should get Biden to golf all the time to minimize the problems he can cause, like we did with Trump.
Trump didn't have this problem during his 4 years. Biden comes in and, well well well, looks like sleepy has a catastrophe brewing.

Reactions: umpy69er

nelsonj22

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2014
All I need to know is how to read a map to understand Israel’s position on things. Are they a power in the region? Absolutely, thank God.
Map without context only shows you what the map designer wants you to see. Doesn't prove shit, are you always this ignorant just enjoying the festivities early on a Friday?

TrueRED777

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Dec 2, 2014
#2 is complete false information.

Here is what TrueRed calls a "peaceful" terrorist protest

https://www.the-sun.com/news/2858496/jerusalem-palestinians-gunned-stun-grenades-al-aqsa-mosque/

Your vid of protests was from May 10. Below vid is from May 7th.

Either way, in Palestine, that is a peaceful protest ;).

Zero injured soldiers during the first day's protests as far as I know. Up to 500 injured Palestinian civilians who just wanted to through to their mosque or were already in the mosque attempting to worship. Which they are supposed to have a right to do.

Point is, which was and is still correct, rockets weren't initiated for no reason. I don't support Palestinian violence or rocket attacks on Israel. I also don't support Israel blocking Gazans from entering Jerusalem or evicting Palestinians from their homes in Sheikh Jarrah or sending flash bangs and rubber bullets into mosque in Jerusalem to get back at protesters in Gaza. There are countless videos of Israeli soldiers sending flashbangs inside the mosque with people around on their knees worshipping seconds before.

It is perfectly ok to want to understand WHY Palestinians are as frustrated as they are. Israel isn't the devil. But they aren't innocent.

----

NYTimes - Rights Group Hits Israel With Explosive Charge: Apartheid
JERUSALEM — When hundreds of rights groups gathering in South Africa in 2001 accused Israel of apartheid, some participants distanced themselves from the accusation.

It was “wrong to equate Zionism with racism,” a senior Human Rights Watch representative, Reed Brody, said at the time.

But two decades later, a small but growing number of Israeli and international watchdogs have come to a conclusion that many Palestinians reached long ago: that Israel is perpetrating a form of apartheid, the racist legal system that governed South Africa until the early 1990s.

On Tuesday, Human Rights Watch released a 213-page report arguing that Israel pursues a policy of ethnic supremacy that favors Israeli Jews over Palestinians in both Israel and the occupied territories.

----

EriktheRed

Offensive Coordinator
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Your vid of protests was from May 10. Below vid is from May 7th.

Either way, in Palestine, that is a peaceful protest ;).

Zero injured soldiers during the first day's protests as far as I know. Up to 500 injured Palestinian civilians who just wanted to through to their mosque or were already in the mosque attempting to worship. Which they are supposed to have a right to do.

Point is, which was and is still correct, rockets weren't initiated for no reason. I don't support Palestinian violence or rocket attacks on Israel. I also don't support Israel blocking Gazans from entering Jerusalem or evicting Palestinians from their homes in Sheikh Jarrah or sending flash bangs and rubber bullets into mosque in Jerusalem to get back at protesters in Gaza. There are countless videos of Israeli soldiers sending flashbangs inside the mosque with people around on their knees worshipping seconds before.

It is perfectly ok to want to understand WHY Palestinians are as frustrated as they are. Israel isn't the devil. But they aren't innocent.

----

NYTimes - Rights Group Hits Israel With Explosive Charge: Apartheid
JERUSALEM — When hundreds of rights groups gathering in South Africa in 2001 accused Israel of apartheid, some participants distanced themselves from the accusation.

It was “wrong to equate Zionism with racism,” a senior Human Rights Watch representative, Reed Brody, said at the time.

But two decades later, a small but growing number of Israeli and international watchdogs have come to a conclusion that many Palestinians reached long ago: that Israel is perpetrating a form of apartheid, the racist legal system that governed South Africa until the early 1990s.

On Tuesday, Human Rights Watch released a 213-page report arguing that Israel pursues a policy of ethnic supremacy that favors Israeli Jews over Palestinians in both Israel and the occupied territories.

----

That is a Palestine activist group and you are using it as a "source" of news.

Latest posts