ADVERTISEMENT

Isaiah Simmons and Clemson

scarletred

Nebraska Legend
Jun 17, 2001
Simmons can play in a lot of positions but from what we have heard he perfures to play Wide Reciver in college.

Clemson only lost Charone Peake and have plenty of receivers coming back + they have three 4* receivers already committed out of their 15 recruiting class, Clemson is also from what Callahan said is recruiting Simmons as a Safety hopefully he comes away from Clemson still wanting to play Receiver and Grandma has a strong influence wanting him to play in Lincoln.

Reactions: baseball31ne
I'd put our receivers up with any other group in the country, so I'm not sure Clemson's depth and current recruits are all that decisive of a reason for him to come here. (Also, thus far, recruiting receivers seems to be a strength of this staff.) I hope he chooses the Huskers regardless of what position he ends up playing, so whatever reasons the coaches offer to sway him in that direction, and if that is receiver depth, then so be it.

Reactions: huskerssalts
I'd put our receivers up with any other group in the country, so I'm not sure Clemson's depth and current recruits are all that decisive of a reason for him to come here. (Also, thus far, recruiting receivers seems to be a strength of this staff.) I hope he chooses the Huskers regardless of what position he ends up playing, so whatever reasons the coaches offer to sway him in that direction, and if that is receiver depth, then so be it.

I would too but after 2016 Westercamp, Reilly and Moore will all be gone we will still have Morgan and DPE so need 3 receivers in this class.I was looking at Clemson depth of what they had and what they were losing and gaining and what might make him think about playing in Death Valley.

I'm hoping he wants to play Receiver instead of Safety no question he has the skills to do both...

Get the best talent to the program and find the best place to get them on the field. If he wants WR, give him the opportunity. Talent and depth of it makes teams the most margin for success. Come to the Big Red Nation sir, love to have you here.

I think Simmons is way undervalued. I hear our staff looks at him as one of their top recruits and I am inclined to agree. Big, fast, physical, smart. He could be our Thomas Davis or Shaq Thompson as a safety or down the road at will linebacker. But having said that, we always have room for big, physical receivers who can block. Hope we can get him.

I fully agree, i think Lamar Jackson is already a Husker and will make it official Tuesday? So theres no worries about him at all, hes ours. Now FitzPatrick has been up and down, at one time i thought he was ours and then it seemed like he may go UL AGAIN, but now some rumors have him as a possible 3rd silent commit and just wanted to use his visits and see how it goes (tomorrow the day, we will either have him or hes committed to UL AGAIN). Now Simmons, i have no idea what to expect, i never heard much on him (if he was a Husker lean, another teams lean or anything). Of course him being 6 foot plus and 200 plus pounds an athlete that could play WR or safety and a 5.7 3 star, hes a must get this late in recruiting. Is he a signing day decision guy or whats the word on when hes choosing?

Btw, who else are we in on? I know L Jackson, D Fitzpatrick, and Simmons but is there anyone else we are playing for or is that pretty much it? Maybe let that Juco CB Davis from Cali join if we have the open spot.

Did the OT Jackson make it to Lincoln this weekend?

Any word on how Simmons visits went so Michigan and Clemson?

I think Simmons is way undervalued. I hear our staff looks at him as one of their top recruits and I am inclined to agree. Big, fast, physical, smart. He could be our Thomas Davis or Shaq Thompson as a safety or down the road at will linebacker. But having said that, we always have room for big, physical receivers who can block. Hope we can get him.
Nebraska is recruiting him solely as a receiver. He is damn near 6'5 220 right now. His decision is going to come down to offense vs. Defense more than Nebraska vs Michigan or Clemson. He would be the Big bodied vertical threat that Nebraska lacks. Simmons is nearly 3 inches taller with 10 to 15 lbs more muscle mass than Alonzo Moore and Dez. He has longer arms, bigger hands and the same type of speed. I do believe Dez is a little more prepared to contribute right away because of the system and total committal to playing wideout. But Simmons has a much higher ceiling. If he can come here and work as hard as a player like Alonzo Moore, he could be a matchup night mare.

Nebraska is recruiting him solely as a receiver. He is damn near 6'5 220 right now. His decision is going to come down to offense vs. Defense more than Nebraska vs Michigan or Clemson. He would be the Big bodied vertical threat that Nebraska lacks. Simmons is nearly 3 inches taller with 10 to 15 lbs more muscle mass than Alonzo Moore and Dez. He has longer arms, bigger hands and the same type of speed. I do believe Dez is a little more prepared to contribute right away because of the system and total committal to playing wideout. But Simmons has a much higher ceiling. If he can come here and work as hard as a player like Alonzo Moore, he could be a matchup night mare.

The first play where he caught the long TD wasn't even fair. That CB is a 6th grader.

Reactions: CC_Lemming
I don't know the level of competition but that is a legit highlight video. Only thing that makes me nervous about him is that we didn't have the last visit. Looks to be a great addition if it happens.

Hearing now that it's more between Nebraska and Michigan....

His parents didn't make the trip to Clemson a guru said Clemson may be to far...

Sounds good for Nebraska up to this point.

Not sure if serious??? Clemson has 3 of the top 6 or 7 WRs playing in the NFL. What WR from Neb is going to play as a starter in the league? Plus all 3 are SRs that will start. I get we can't recruit 4 star WRs outside of one here and there. Who else besides Fryer have we put in the league? Again, sorry if I missed your sarcasm.

Not sure if serious??? Clemson has 3 of the top 6 or 7 WRs playing in the NFL. What WR from Neb is going to play as a starter in the league? Plus all 3 are SRs that will start. I get we can't recruit 4 star WRs outside of one here and there. Who else besides Fryer have we put in the league? Again, sorry if I missed your sarcasm.

I was being serious. Everything I said concerned current and future depth, and in response to the OP. You're changing the subject to which school has a better record of getting receivers into the league. I'm with you on that one: Clemson.

Clemson absolutely does not have 3 of the top 6 wideouts in the NFL.....

So Simmons is announcing tomorrow instead.. Anyone know what time?

I wonder if it has anything to do with Alaric Jackson receiving a committable offer from UM this afternoon. They have to make room for him, but I don't know if they've also made room for Simmons too.

Or maybe Simmons told them today he's not comin, hence AJ pulling the last minute switcharoo on Iowa.

I wonder if it has anything to do with Alaric Jackson receiving a committable offer from UM this afternoon. They have to make room for him, but I don't know if they've also made room for Simmons too.

Or maybe Simmons told them today he's not comin, hence AJ pulling the last minute switcharoo on Iowa.
no. had nothing to do with each other. michigan lost an ol to stanford. this would replace him. michigan will take 30 recruits.

Predictions from TOS starting to roll in for Clemson. If true....and we don't land Jackson(I think we do)....ouch.

Twitter ablaze with Simmons to Clemson.

One theory is he's bumping up the committment to reserve a slot because they have 3 or 4 DB's offered and can only take 2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT