ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac Gifford offered...

I would be shocked if he doesn't take Nebraska. His offer list includes, K st, Purdue, Iowa St, Oregon St, SDSU, Wyoming. Oh and BoBo offered him at Youngstown St.

He’s been waiting on the Huskers from the beginning. This should be it...next step, he will be a Husker and I’m glad. I was hoping we’d offer him or find away to lock him down and this should do the trick. GBR

Reactions: headcard
He’s been waiting on the Huskers from the beginning. This should be it...next step, he will be a Husker and I’m glad. I was hoping we’d offer him or find away to lock him down and this should do the trick. GBR
Just read the LJS article. Sounds like he really wants to follow in brothers footsteps and be a Blackshirt. GBR

Definitely a recruit I was hoping we’d offer and land. I’m whiling to bet we won’t regret locking him down in the future. GBR

And here’s how he compares to his older brother...Luke...

Wow, very interesting taking the blueshirt route. That must mean HCSF is going to take 25 this class.

EDIT: Or whatever the limit is to get to 85. I think it was 22 or so last time I checked.

I want this kid. I'm afraid he'll be one that we wished we had been more aggressive on recruiting. I feel the same way about the Zatechka kid.
Can you give us more insight as to what is going on with zetchka??

Getting Isaac will be great, but, going blueshirt sounds to me, they have this current class locked in, at least position wise,if not more

Can you give us more insight as to what is going on with zetchka??
He's just a junior listed by MaxPreps at 265. The last thing I saw on him said he was more like 275. I've seen a little bit of video on him and it appears to me that he is a ripped 265 to 275 and has very good feet. It MIGHT be that he would walk on to save us a scholarship spot.

Last edited:
Reactions: huskerfan66
He's just a junior listed by MaxPreps at 265. The last thing I saw on him said he was more like 275. I've seen a little bit of video on him and it appears to me that he is a ripped 265 to 275 and has very good feet. It MIGHT be that he would walk on to save us a scholarship spot.
I think it wouldn't surprise me if Rob would do that for his love for NU. I think Rob is doing well but like any of us would love to see your kid get a scholarship. But the closer they are to the program the more they might be willing to sacrifice if they're all in

Guys like him are important for Nebraska and depth or starters. Ohio State won the B1G championship because of depth. They were getting taught in the first half. We need talent.

Hope he's N.

If we are talking about Isaac Gifford, then no worries. Dude got the offer he’s been waiting for (maybe not the exact one he wanted but it’s still an offer). He’s going to be a Husker.

Decision coming in next few days.
To me it’s a no brainer offering him and could see him possibly even being one of the better players in class. U have coached his brother and know what he stand for, his film is pretty good, his measurables are solid. To some degree I am more interested in what coaches say about their guys than recruiting industry guys. The Lincoln SE coach raved about him and backed it up with his very impressive testing. Kinda like the Mauga kid his coach is like in love with him from his quotes and tweets. Hope things work out

Isaac’s HUDL says 4.42 40 time and 38” vertical!!
I know Luke’s pro day testing scores were real good for a big dude.
We need athletes on the roster and then we’ll see what happens.

Really good get, but Gifford has never run a legit 4.4. Adding him to the recruiting class is adding a very good football player, but it’s not some infusion of speed.

Really good get, but Gifford has never run a legit 4.4. Adding him to the recruiting class is adding a very good football player, but it’s not some infusion of speed.
Yeah I take the time as simply saying “he’s pretty fast”, not meant to be literal unless we know when/how it was done.

Isaac Gifford is every bit as good as his brother was at this point. They actually look very similar on film. Luke was able to put on weight and not really lose any speed. That kind of thing will usually run in the family. Luke is an NFL talent. No way in hell should you pass on his brother who looks just as good and is a heck of an athlete.

ADVERTISEMENT