ADVERTISEMENT

Isaac Copeland

A

anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi

Does anyone have a good feeling about his eligibility possibility for 1st semester? I can't help but think that every day that passes, the chances he can play before January are dwindling

Does anyone have a good feeling about his eligibility possibility for 1st semester? I can't help but think that every day that passes, the chances he can play before January are dwindling
Haven't heard anything lately but the last thing I did was hear was that in every other case like his the player was granted immediate play but you never know what the NCAA goons will do.

It is so freaking rare that they get to play right away. No info but my guess is that he will not play at the start of the season. I am sure the NCAA will let the Huskers know about 24 hours before the first game.

It is so freaking rare that they get to play right away. No info but my guess is that he will not play at the start of the season. I am sure the NCAA will let the Huskers know about 24 hours before the first game.
According to one of the talking heads on the radio several weeks ago the precedent has been in other cases LIKE his that they get to play right away. His situation was/is unusual but it has happened.

According to one of the talking heads on the radio a several weeks ago the precedent has been in other cases LIKE his that they get to play right away. His situation was/is unusual but it has happened.
From what I understand there is no "precedent" for the NCAA, every case is looked at on its own and it doesn't matter what happened before. This is just what I read when it happened with an Illini player last year. Also, there is no time frame.

Again, it is the NCAA so who knows how they will do it. Hopefully the kid can just play right away, that should always be the case.

There are some HIPPA regulations that are holding some things up I guess. More info was asked for and they were waiting on some signatures for release of info.

There are some HIPPA regulations that are holding some things up I guess. More info was asked for and they were waiting on some signatures for release of info.

That's where it gets scary and where Georgetown could screw it up. If the Gtown doctors ever cleared him to play, after the injury, in one of the year's he sat out he could lose. Or if those doctors said he could have the surgery and be back in say 12 weeks, determining that it wasn't a season ending injury, he could get screwed.

Had a friend who's daughter lost a year because the doctor left a note in the file that had a potential surgery date and rehab schedule that had her back on the court before the end of the year. NCAA determined it wasn't season ending and even though she hadn't met the max games played threshold to get the medical redshirt, they denied it.

It is now August. Not a good sign. Robin Washut said today on the radio that this isn't exactly a good sign. I just wish they would decide one way or another.
Kid should have went to North Carolina. He would likely be eligible in the Fall semester without even coming to class.

No Copeland 1st semester. Awesome!!!
Actually, i dont think there has been official word on Copeland yet. I think that NU is just moving foward wirh the thought that Copeland will not be available for the first semester, until they hear differently from the NCAA.

This is the m.o. of the ncaa lately on these things. Instead of declaring anyone inelegible, thay just 'investigate' them for half the season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT