ADVERTISEMENT

Is this the year? 2021?

Right, thats why I said, "Now that isn't saying he can't go to another team and win championships IE Nick Saban." Didn't win at Mich st but won conf champ year 2 and NC year 3 and Alabama. My point on Frost still holds true, this year is important for how his time at Nebraska could go.
that example works for basically every 'championship level' coach, save for dabo and precious few others.

as for your point, every year is important.

giphy.gif

1. Ask for 35 million 7 years.
2. Talk about family, continuity on staff, being there for players.
3. Let your friend leave the team to go to NFL just to make more money.
4. Fire another coach to let friend come back

The guy hasn't produced anything...anything...he is statistically the worst coach at NU in 40 years...he made 10 million to win 9 games. I hope it works out...but there is no precedent in college football for a guy starting this poorly over the first two seasons and winning a conference title.
Not true.
But here's one, there is no precedence in the history of college footbal going from no wins to undefeated.

Right, thats why I said, "Now that isn't saying he can't go to another team and win championships IE Nick Saban." Didn't win at Mich st but won conf champ year 2 and NC year 3 and Alabama. My point on Frost still holds true, this year is important for how his time at Nebraska could go.
Dabo

Jimmy Johnson

Joe Paterno

Ara Parseghian
Again IND. My stament was regarding winning a division or conf by year 3. All but one of your examples were IND. Since all but 1 were ind. Obviously being in a conf makes a difference or you would be able to provide examples from coaches that coached in a conf as well.

Jimmy Johnson coached plenty before Miami, yet he won a natty, better than finishing second.

when big time programs hire the right coach they typically have an elite season - (conf champ, top 10, major bowl, or better) in the first 3 years. ... the others talk about things like redshirting recruits as reasons why they didn't win

This is year five for SF, not year seven like Jimmy Johnson and many others on the made it list too.
Thats apples and oranges, and since there were three or four real indy teams back then, yea, the best sorta stuck out.

This is year five for SF, not year seven like Jimmy Johnson and many others on the made it list too.
Thats apples and oranges, and since there were three or four real indy teams back then, yea, the best sorta stuck out.

you are looking at things from the coaching perspective

look at it from the program's perspective, after all it is Nebraska winning that is important, doesn't so much matter who the coach is

when Miami hired the right coach they won big by year 3 .. the same for most other storied programs

you are looking at things from the coaching perspective

look at it from the program's perspective, after all it is Nebraska winning that is important, doesn't so much matter who the coach is

when Miami hired the right coach they won big by year 3 .. the same for most other storied programs
Most, so lets cut out Paterno, Bowden,Bryant,Johnson, plus it went from conf to division. Theres plenty of other coaches too,
Thing is, when SF said watch out for us year two, then redshirts most that years class, do you think there wasn't a change of plans?
And, to date, of those redshirts, what do we know about them?

So, the dire and dreadful look isnt all that it appears

Most, so lets cut out Paterno, Bowden,Bryant,Johnson, plus it went from conf to division. Theres plenty of other coaches too,
Thing is, when SF said watch out for us year two, then redshirts most that years class, do you think there wasn't a change of plans?
And, to date, of those redshirts, what do we know about them?

So, the dire and dreadful look isnt all that it appears

I said elite seasons - top 10 or conf title or major bowl game or better

conf title or bust is too restrictive - you can finish in the top 10 and not win your conference

I said elite seasons - top 10 or conf title or major bowl game or better

conf title or bust is too restrictive - you can finish in the top 10 and not win your conference
Right, I was refering to 2612.
But I thought I would find a few more than I did, but this fact remains, none of those coaches came in to build a team, they came in to win early, it appears SF switched it up before year two started, instead going the redshirt,build depth route, unheard of in football, especially where holes and depth and seriousscheme changes limits players and coaches alike.
Like Ive mentioned before, SF says watch out for us, then redshirts everybody, then Moos comes in with his,get to a bowl, which we missed by a late fg. Or KO return,or whatever, it was close,disappointing to the staff for sure, but not far from their new direction they'd decided on.

Here's a telling quote from Moos

"But you're not going to get where you want to go on just one recruiting class. It's going to need to be three, maybe four, back to back to back (classes) with the quality of players that we need to compete in this conference."

Moos added that when you look at some of the young Husker players, you see a lot of quality first-and-second-year guys who he thinks are good leaders and "who will be the nucleus of where we're going."
TOS

After last year, I’m not counting on a thing. We already had more 4 star talent on the roster than Purdue, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Colorado. Until these guys learn how to coach in the big leagues, teams packed with 3 star talent will keep beating us.
We had almost no 4* talent and our 3* were not excelling at all.

We had almost no 4* talent and our 3* were not excelling at all.
No, we had the same as wiscy,except their 5 star, but we were much younger. But iowa fan, you wouldnt know, because like us, you haven't beaten wiscy either.
This year, we could put double as many as starters with 4 star backups, but I'm sure this doesn't excite you in the least.
By the time we play iowa, we should have at least 50% more four stars starting than ever before, but again, theyll be young.
See ya then.

1. Ask for 35 million 7 years.
2. Talk about family, continuity on staff, being there for players.
3. Let your friend leave the team to go to NFL just to make more money.
4. Fire another coach to let friend come back

The guy hasn't produced anything...anything...he is statistically the worst coach at NU in 40 years...he made 10 million to win 9 games. I hope it works out...but there is no precedent in college football for a guy starting this poorly over the first two seasons and winning a conference title.

No precedent?

Barry Alvarez
Kirk Ferentz
Frank Beamer
Bill McCartney
Bill Snyder

All had a winning percentage equal to or lesser than Scott Frost's after two seasons. All have a conference title on their resumes at schools Nebraska shares more parallels with than doesn't, especially in terms of recruiting disadvantages.

Nobody with any sense of football acumen would say in good conscience that the guys I just listed are bad coaches, even despite them also struggling in year three at their respective schools, because nobody sets arbitrary "if he doesn't win by year three, he's a bust" expectations that understands what's happening here. That's for the uninformed.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
No precedent?

Barry Alvarez
Kirk Ferentz
Frank Beamer
Bill McCartney
Bill Snyder

All had a winning percentage equal to or lesser than Scott Frost's after two seasons. All have a conference title on their resumes at schools Nebraska shares more parallels with than doesn't, especially in terms of recruiting disadvantages.

Nobody with any sense of football acumen would say in good conscience that the guys I just listed are bad coaches, even despite them also struggling in year three at their respective schools, because nobody sets arbitrary "if he doesn't win by year three, he's a bust" expectations that understands what's happening here. That's for the uninformed.
And all this time, they thought they were players, but they also think your last word is uniformed too

Reactions: hedonistimpulse
listen, guys, @jlb321 is right. we hired the wrong coach and we're F'd, so may as well pack it in for the next 5+ years until we get to year 3 of the next coach, who's surely on Moos's short list.

heck, make that 8+ years, until we get to year 3 of the coach after the next coach.

actually, why not 11+ years, until we're 3 years into the coach 3 years from now.

as a matter of fact, let's all just hope football is banned and NU takes up lacrosse. then let's talk about how we'll never have elite coaching there.

Reactions: NorthwoodHusker
listen, guys, @jlb321 is right. we hired the wrong coach and we're F'd, so may as well pack it in for the next 5+ years until we get to year 3 of the next coach, who's surely on Moos's short list.

heck, make that 8+ years, until we get to year 3 of the coach after the next coach.

actually, why not 11+ years, until we're 3 years into the coach 3 years from now.

as a matter of fact, let's all just hope football is banned and NU takes up lacrosse. then let's talk about how we'll never have elite coaching there.

where have I ever said fire him . You can find posts of mine that say give him the entire length of his contract. I just posted what other programs achieved very early when they found their coach.

I have also said that I believe Frost will get Nebraska to around Iowa’s level and the fan base will embrace/celebrate becoming Iowa

Alvarez - year 4 Rose bowl
Ferentz - top 10 in years 4-5-6

Ferentz’s seat was a bit warm heading into year 4 - he cemented his legacy with 3 top 10 seasons in a row

Beamer - yrs 3-6 - 6wins - 6 wins - 5 wins - 2 wins. Frost won’t survive this

Snyder is a good example with the exception that Nebraska was light years ahead of where KSU was when Snyder took over - let’s hope Frost is an extreme outlier similar to him

McCartney - years 3-4-5-6-7. Record 29-29. Will Frost last with a below .500 record after 7 years.
Again extreme outlier.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT