ADVERTISEMENT

Is this board dying?

So what..
The post I replied to (it wasn’t yours by the way) discussed our schedule and bye weeks - we have a very favorable conf schedule

if you didn’t find my post of interest you could have simply not responded instead of thundering in with a post that was completely wrong

Reactions: anon_umk0ifu6vj6zi
The post I replied to (it wasn’t yours by the way) discussed our schedule and bye weeks - we have a very favorable conf schedule

if you didn’t find my post of interest you could have simply not responded instead of thundering in with your post that was completely wrong
Like I posted buy a Nebraska media guide and you’ll understand where I found it..Not Nebraska fault other Big teams didn’t schedule a bye before conference play started.. That’s how Nebraska schedule their season..

As my post stated we are the only big ten team with a bye week prior to 2 conf games
Technically, Purdue opens with Penn State, and then has a bye week prior to Iowa.

Indiana opens with Illinois, and has a bye week prior to Penn State.

Penn State opens with Purdue, and has a bye week prior to Minnesota.

Not "traditional" bye weeks, but fact is, those teams that open are coming off bye weeks.

I'm just as interested in the idea, the week before playing NU, Rutgers takes on Ohio State.

Wisconsin takes on Iowa the week before NU.

Indiana takes on Cincinnati the week before NU.

Back in the day, that used to matter.

Technically, Purdue opens with Penn State, and then has a bye week prior to Iowa.

Indiana opens with Illinois, and has a bye week prior to Penn State.

Penn State opens with Purdue, and has a bye week prior to Minnesota.

Not "traditional" bye weeks, but fact is, those teams that open are coming off bye weeks.

I'm just as interested in the idea, the week before playing NU, Rutgers takes on Ohio State.

Wisconsin takes on Iowa the week before NU.

Indiana takes on Cincinnati the week before NU.

Back in the day, that used to matter.
By your criteria Nebraksa has 3 bye weeks before a conf game

And if Nebraska and Oklahoma scheduled their game on Sept 24th instead of the 17th this would be a moot point..🙄

Technically, that's correct. So does Northwestern.

That's why I said, "not traditional" bye weeks, but week off from playing an opponent nevertheless.

Is it really a point worth arguing?
NW does not have a bye week prior to 3 conf games by your criteria

if it isnt worth arguing about then don’t argue about it … but if you are it would be nice if your arguments were at least factual

if you didn’t find my post of interest you could have simply not responded instead of thundering in with a post that was completely wrong
But if he didn’t do that, he’d never be able to post!

Looking back to last season and the OU game...I'm so glad we didn't end up pussin out on that....it sets up really great for us this year with all their turnover, assuming we get off to a great start and beat the shit out of NW!! Let's get this show on the road!!!

Last edited:
Looking back to last season and the OU game...I'm so glad we didn't end up pussin out on that....it sets up really great for us this year with all their turnover, assuming we get off to a great start and beat the shit out of NW!! Let's get this show on the road!!!
completely agree

there were some outspoken posters saying we should pull out of that game for economic reasons

they should feel like real horse's asses

"This board" will likely come alive IF they beat OU.

It will be things like, see, I told you they had recruited well, it was such a mess from Riley, I told you it would take 5 years, the Huskers are back, Trev can relax now, they should be rated in the top 10, get the extension ready and those that questioned Frost should be excommunicated from the board.

The lurkers and pumpers will have something to crow about, it will be fun.

Last edited:
"This board" will likely come alive IF they beat OU.

It will be things like, see, I told you they had recruited well, it was such a mess from Riley, I told you it would take 5 years, the Huskers are back, Trev can relax now, they should be rated in the top 10, get the extension ready and those that questioned Frost should be excommunicated from the board.

The lurkers and pampers will have something to crow about, it will be fun.
I predict this board will be more active this year into next if Frost goes 5-7 versus 8-4

I'm going to disagree with you here. CFB is a major player for people's entertainment these days. The money being spent is because people are watching. They aren't paying it for nothing. The real problem is that NU has been irrelevant for a long time. At least for your kids' time. I've been fairly apathetic about NU football for quite some time. I would love to see it return to playing good football. Scott Frost results? It's gotten to the point that I don't care if I miss a game or not. You know what I mean? Then there's Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State. Rinse. Repeat.

That being said, the passing of my wife and me working more changed things as well. It's been over 2.5 years and I rarely watch TV in the living room. I usually leave the tv off most of the time. I watch games on my giant monitor. But I still watch less overall.
OP, don’t take this as being a smart ass because I am not. I understand what you’re going through and wish you Godspeed in finding peace

Reactions: bigboxes
I'm going to disagree with you here. CFB is a major player for people's entertainment these days. The money being spent is because people are watching. They aren't paying it for nothing. The real problem is that NU has been irrelevant for a long time. At least for your kids' time. I've been fairly apathetic about NU football for quite some time. I would love to see it return to playing good football. Scott Frost results? It's gotten to the point that I don't care if I miss a game or not. You know what I mean? Then there's Alabama/Clemson/Ohio State. Rinse. Repeat.

That being said, the passing of my wife and me working more changed things as well. It's been over 2.5 years and I rarely watch TV in the living room. I usually leave the tv off most of the time. I watch games on my giant monitor. But I still watch less overall.
Sorry I directed my comment to the OP. It was meant for you

Reactions: bigboxes
Facts are this younger generation doesn't give a crap about sports. were a dying breed on here and that's fine. Don't worry we will shut the light off on our way out.

ADVERTISEMENT