ADVERTISEMENT

Is Spencer Petras the worst starting QB in the Big Ten West?

Status
Not open for further replies.
a look at the box score:

petras - 18/30, 193yds, 1 TD, 1 INT, 6 carries, 6yds
AM - 18/20, 174yds, 0 TD, 0 INT, 12 carries, 28yds, 1 TD, 1 FumL

pretty darn similar, except, of course, one player's team won, the other's lost

Cool story. Are you under the impression that I am championing AM somehow? BTW AM had a long run that would have won the game called back on a hold, that was ignored the rest of the game. I know AM could have maned up and overcome the B1G officiating, but it still sucked.

our fans literally point to a holding call as the reason we lost last year

funny enough, we also held them, forced a punt, muffed it, and sealed our own fate

Funny? Did you watch the ****ing game? A huge call that swung the outcome of the game, that was ignored on multiple big plays for Iowa. Yes, freaking hilarious.

Funny? Did you watch the ****ing game? A huge call that swung the outcome of the game, that was ignored on multiple big plays for Iowa. Yes, freaking hilarious.
he was sh*tting on the iowa st fan for complaining about a holding call costing them their game against the inbreds in 2019. I said our fans do the exact same thing. that's all.

those calls always go against us, and until we're beating avg b1g teams handily, they'll keep costing us winnable games. sucking begets more sucking, as is tradition.

I’ll point to the 4th and 22 overturned call right before half. I still have no idea how anyone could overturn that. Zero evidence the receivers toes touch in bounds. I wish Iowa could find a way to stay up big and not allow the game to gets close like they have the past three years.

That, idk. But I think to the Purdue Nebraska game last year and due to bad ST's play, Purdue essentially spotted Nebraska 17 points by giving them a short field. That would skew the number no?

Looking at ppg, Purdue was 7th in the big ten in offense, 8th on defense. Maybe that aligns with your numbers above? I was moreso just curious.
Let's just say an offense gets 13 possessions per game. Some of those are going to be short field, it could be special teams, turnover, going for it at the 50, whatever. Typically there aren't more than a couple of those per game though. So they even out over the course of a 12 game season and 156 possessions. Especially when you consider that there are probably an equal number of possessions where a team will go 60 yards and miss a fg or fumble or turn it over on downs and get no points.

Yes the Purdue special teams wasn't awesome in that 1st quarter but the Purdue offense had about 3 total yards on 3 possessions and couldn't flip the field. I would say the offense was also to blame for the poor field position.

Let's just say an offense gets 13 possessions per game. Some of those are going to be short field, it could be special teams, turnover, going for it at the 50, whatever. Typically there aren't more than a couple of those per game though. So they even out over the course of a 12 game season and 156 possessions. Especially when you consider that there are probably an equal number of possessions where a team will go 60 yards and miss a fg or fumble or turn it over on downs and get no points.

Yes the Purdue special teams wasn't awesome in that 1st quarter but the Purdue offense had about 3 total yards on 3 possessions and couldn't flip the field. I would say the offense was also to blame for the poor field position.
I wasn't making this a blame game on anyone. Simple discussion. But yes, but that point, the team had some key injuries, everyone had checked out from Diaco drama, and ya.... we knew we were losing that game before it started. Which is a shame. Season started out so well. Also why I have hope for this year. Return everyone, better coaches.

Hawks got bailed out by the league. The game should have been a blowout, but that is coming this year. Good luck against Indiana in that first game! LOL! Which game does KF focus on? This is very foreign territory for him as he rarely has to prepare for a competent opponent in game 1. Other questions arise as well because the chef is gone, and how committed are the black players amid all the racist accusations against the program. With BF still in the fold, there is bound to be resentment.
Clown fan complaining about the Hawks on a Husker Board is typical of that fan base.

Clown fan gonna cry.

• Haha
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
He's the worst when the Blackshirts get em!
Tom_osborne_blackshirt.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT