ADVERTISEMENT

Is Scott Frost the best recruiting Head Coach...

HuskerBorn

Junior
Oct 23, 2009
We’ve ever had? The guy is everywhere and seems to really be able to connect with Moms and the kids on in-home visits and when kids are on campus. He is a closer. We haven’t had that in quite some time. For those that know, is Frost a stronger recruiter than TO was? GBR!

Coach Frost is a very good recruiter and we have a good recruiting staff. I would say TO was the best recruiter as a HC we have had, he could go into the living room and win the family of 5-star kids. Callahan had a good recruitng staff with guys like Blake, that could flat recruit. I could see Coach Frost and this staff being the best, when we start winning games and they find their groove.

Couple more years like this and he will fall into hat category. I had initial concerns that they may try to recruit UCF level athletes across the board or fall into the "we'll put our own stars on them" approach. I'm not 100% on board with star ratings as much as I am with Offer Lists and we seem to be attracting well sought after kids. More importantly, they aren't square pegging a round hole on skill sets.

Reactions: TarheelHuskerFan
Was he at TO's level?
He was more of the Jimmies and Joes kind of coach. Pro style offense, win by getting the best and toughest players. TO was a good recruiter, but cutting edge schemes and development were more his MO.

Coach Frost is a very good recruiter and we have a good recruiting staff. I would say TO was the best recruiter as a HC we have had, he could go into the living room and win the family of 5-star kids. Callahan had a good recruitng staff with guys like Blake, that could flat recruit. I could see Coach Frost and this staff being the best, when we start winning games and they find their groove.
I have no doubt once we start winning, Frost will go down as the best recruiter. Just look at what he has been able to do, that is after going 4-8. Imagine the talent he will be able to pull in once we start winning and are back on the national stage. I could see consistent top 5-10 recruiting classes.

Reactions: headcard

Clownahan also had B. Busch as a terrific recruiter. I'd like to see Busch return some day.

Reactions: headcard
We’ve ever had? The guy is everywhere and seems to really be able to connect with Moms and the kids on in-home visits and when kids are on campus. He is a closer. We haven’t had that in quite some time. For those that know, is Frost a stronger recruiter than TO was? GBR!

Cally had a top 5 class and a top 3 class going in 2007 before the season imploded. His 2006 class was also very good and lead to most of the big wins in the Bo era. In retrospect, and compared to Bo and Riley, we probably could have been a little more patient with Cally because of his newness to CF. He had the traits of a great head coach...obsession, tunnel vision, intelligence, cutthroat but a little too loyal at the time of firing. And we still had the poop stains of greatness left on us from 2001...

Reactions: TheNewNU
How was Cally pulling in that top talent? We had started to decline post Solich. Pretty remarkable when you think about it that he was recruiting at the very top with top 5 classes.

I heard that Dr. Tom would go into the living room with the parents to reassure them that there kids would be cared for, and the position coaches went into the kitchen with the players to tell them they would be rock stars. I'm sure that's urban legend but there's probably some truth to it.

How was Cally pulling in that top talent? We had started to decline post Solich. Pretty remarkable when you think about it that he was recruiting at the very top with top 5 classes.
well, he HAD been in the Super Bowl!:)

Callahan is in the National Recruiting Hall Of Fame and was before he even got here. Does that answer your question?

Reactions: timnsun
We were still only a few years removed from playing for a national championship and only a few more removed from a dynasty. It was a little easier pull then.

Reactions: timnsun
Bump

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT