ADVERTISEMENT

Is NIL a distraction to college athletes

Seems like one more thing on their minds if they are doing podcasts, appearances etc to distract from their performance. Lexi Sun for example
Short answer. Probably. SEC football players are accustomed to making a lot of money so they will be fine.

Short answer. Probably. SEC football players are accustomed to making a lot of money so they will be fine.
Except $ec players didn't have to do anything extra for the money. With NIL you're marketing.

How could it not be a distraction. Anything that takes any of their limited amount of time will add stress. Practice, condition, school, travel, personal time etc. Now add nil is like adding a job

Reactions: oldjar07
Except $ec players didn't have to do anything extra for the money. With NIL you're marketing.

How could it not be a distraction. Anything that takes any of their limited amount of time will add stress. Practice, condition, school, travel, personal time etc. Now add nil is like adding a job
Kids these days are always marketing.

Get off my lawn.

Reactions: LonghornInOmaha
Kids these days are always marketing.

Get off my lawn.
No matter how you slice it, still only 24 hours in the day. IF I'm paying I expect something in return. There are expectations.

It's a distraction in the sense that it takes up some time - more for some than others. But it also can be a positive in that it likely reduces the urge for players at prominent NIL schools to move into the transfer portal for players that are collecting NIL bucks. But star players at small schools with little NIL opportunity might want to move more.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT