ADVERTISEMENT

Is Nebraska still a Blue Blood program?

Do blue blood program AD’s whine about playing too many tough teams?

Do blue blood program fan bases whine when paired up to compete with the best?
Umm the answer would be yes. Every program Blue Blood or not bitches and complains when things suck. Nobody wants to lose and nobody wants to be treated unfairly. Neb has at least 10 years of Blue Blood status no matter what the records say.

Do blue blood program AD’s whine about playing too many tough teams?

Do blue blood program fan bases whine when paired up to compete with the best?

Yes we are and I’m not even going to touch the stupid “Does the other Blue Blood teams ADs whine” comment. BTW, No one is whining about playing OSU, they are whining about the BIG 10 changing the Purdue game or Rutgers game we initially had for OSU game suddenly for game 1 of the season. That’s the issue.

Last edited:
Yes we are and I’m not even going to touch the stupid “Does the other Blue Blood teams ADs whine” comment. They don’t have to, they never get another Blue Blood team scheduled for game 1 of the season like we just did. BTW, No one is whining about playing OSU, they are whining about the BIG 10 changing the Purdue game or Rutgers game we initially had for OSU game suddenly for game 1 of the season. That’s the issue.

ohio state got a blue blood scheduled for game 1 this year -- I haven't heard concerns from their AD

other notable games to start a season

2018 - Michigan v Notre Dame
2016 -- Alabama v USC
2016 - Notre Dame v Texas
2015 -- Notre Dame v Texas
2012 -- Alabama v Michigan

ohio state got a blue blood scheduled for game 1 this year -- I haven't heard concerns from their AD

other notable games to start a season

2018 - Michigan v Notre Dame
2016 -- Alabama v USC
2016 - Notre Dame v Texas
2015 -- Notre Dame v Texas
2012 -- Alabama v Michigan

.....and? Keep digging, I’m sure you can find a few more. Good on you, you finally found something I didn’t look into and took a guess on 👏

Last edited:
Reactions: leodisflowers
Hey, while we are at it...how many Blue Blood teams have played each other for game 1 of the season with last second additions? Not games scheduled years in advance? I’m taking a guess here but I’m assuming those games you listed was games agreed to by both teams years in advance, correct?

michigan - Alabama 2012 -- scheduled less than a year in advance

kickoff classics all scheduled less than year in advance - typically between the end of one season and the beginning of the next

1983 -- Neb v Penn State
1986 -- Alabama v OSU
1996 -- Penn State v USC
2000 -- Penn State v USC

have you followed college football or have you just recently become a fan?

michigan - Alabama 2012 -- scheduled less than a year in advance

kickoff classics all scheduled less than year in advance - typically between the end of one season and the beginning of the next

1983 -- Neb v Penn State
1986 -- Alabama v OSU
1996 -- Penn State v USC
2000 -- Penn State v USC

have you followed college football or have you just recently become a fan?

lol wow, 1983, 1986, 1996, 2000....that it? You sure there isn’t any in the 1970s or 1960s too? Hey, maybe the 1950s and 1940s might have a few too. Keep going my man, you can find more. I believe in you. If you noticed I even edited my post because I was apparently wrong on my GUESS there but hey, keep digging, you can find more. You can do it....;)

Last edited:
lol wow, 1983, 1986, 1996, 2000....that it? You sure there isn’t any in the 1970s or 1960s too? You only had to dig back that far? Keep going my man, you can find more. I believe in you. If you noticed I even edited my post because I was apparently wrong on my GUESS there but hey, keep digging, you can find more. You can do it....;)

USC v Alabama was slated to start the season this year

again - have you just recently started to follow college football?

how could a supposed Neb fan not recall Neb v Penn State Kickoff classic featuring Turner Gill/Mike Rozier/Irving Fryar -- one the greatest Neb teams of all time?

USC v Alabama was slated to start the season this year

again - have you just recently started to follow college football?

how could a supposed Neb fan not recall Neb v Penn State Kickoff classic featuring Turner Gill/Mike Rozier/Irving Fryar -- one the greatest Neb teams of all time?

Keep going my man....there’s more.

lol wow, 1983, 1986, 1996, 2000....that it? You sure there isn’t any in the 1970s or 1960s too?

please tell me you aren't posting in a thread regarding Neb being a blue blood and then discounting games in the 60s - 70s - 80s and 90s? - you can't be that dull-witted

Nebraska isn't a blue blood without those eras

Reactions: AJBHawkeye
please tell me you aren't posting in a thread regarding Neb being a blue blood and then discounting games in the 60s - 70s - 80s and 90s? - you can't be that dull-witted

Nebraska isn't a blue blood without those eras

For my man @jlb321, he finally done it. He caught me slipping on something. The king of the meaningless info but he’s still the king....good for you @jlb321

Last edited:
Apparently you still have no idea what actually a blue blood is from your post..

Still? Have I made posts in the past questioning NU's "Blue Blood" status? I have a terrible memory, so I very well could have and not remember it.

That said, after further thought, in historical context I would agree that NU is one of the few 'Blue Blood" programs of college football. However, the main point I think I was trying to convey is that this isn't something that will live in perpetuity. If NU doesn't start winning big games again, at some point we'll no longer be considered a "Blue Blood". I feel we're getting close to that point.

yes, once you're a blue blood, you always are.. it's not like other blue bloods have not had droughts before, and long ones.

I went back and started looking at the school history for some of the other blue bloods, and they too had droughts and then I went and looked at Nebraska's.. people forget we had a string of 9 & 10 win seasons with Bo that didn't look too bad.

When you look at the actual data, we look the same or better than many other blue blood programs.

find the school history link on these pages and you can get a feel for long term success of each program.

Reactions: timnsun
ADVERTISEMENT