ADVERTISEMENT

Is Nebraska football dead?

OK-i"m mad as heck, but this is ridiculous. Get some people in here that care and a head coach that isn't an employment service for their no-name assistant coaches and we can be better. I'm not giving up on this program.

It has become a shitshow and we are the laughing stock of the country. Moos should be sitting Frost down and having a serious discussion about the product he and his coaching staff is trotting out onto the field. There is no evidence that any of them are ready for prime time.

If you really think this program is dead, then why are you here posting? Why would somebody follow a dead program? If you think the program is dead, then you're the stupid one for wasting your time with it.

Reactions: faschev94
If you really think this program is dead, then why are you here posting? Why would somebody follow a dead program? If you think the program is dead, then you're the stupid one for wasting your time with it.

Stupidest post of the year. Clean out your eyes and see the shit show we are. I post because I care and have invested 25+ years rooting for the red.

Stupidest post of the year. Clean out your eyes and see the shit show we are. I post because I care and have invested 25+ years rooting for the red.
It's a coaching problem, not a program problem. Blame it on Scott Frost, don't blame it on the program. Heck, Bo freakin' Pelini got this team to 9 win seasons. Was Bo some kind of miracle worker? I don't believe that.

No. Just need to make a good hire

Frost looks like a fraud no doubt. His only hope is to make some moves and surround himself with some help. But he won’t, and will surely be fired in a few years.

Reactions: Huskred01
Seriously curious, how many threads have been started with the notion that Nebraska football is 'now dead'?

Not slamming the OP, seriously curious...
Well it’s been dead for awhile so probably have to go back to when it died and count the posts

we are just the sad SOBs that can’t move on in life

I haven't posted in three years. Felt complelled to today. This program has become embarrassing. We have no better than two star players being coached by community college level coaches. We're soft on the lines. We have guys that cant cover, and kids that cant tackle. We're soft and weak. I'm so disappointed to where this program has become. Scott needs to can most of his staff, pay for quality guys and start recruiting their ass off. This ridiculous. Right now, Mike Riley's teams look better than this. And I didn't think that was possible.

No Mike Riley’s team did not looks better than this. Bo’s looked better except in big games. Bill’s sometimes. Frank’s generally.

Changing coaches every few years is your main problem. Kids don't want to join a program that's constantly changing head coaches.
Callahan fizzled out, Pelini was on his way to fizzling out (look at his Youngstown team this year), and Riley was a bust. OU went through three coaches after Switzer before they got the right one in 1999, and other programs do as well.

The right one may never get to Lincoln for quite some time, but Frost has at least two more seasons to get things on track, maybe a third one to reach year five.

No. Just need to make a good hire

Frost looks like a fraud no doubt. His only hope is to make some moves and surround himself with some help. But he won’t, and will surely be fired in a few years.
I was all for hiring Frost(although I got on board much later than most), but I was never one of these "Frost or bust" people. There is a good hire out there somewhere.

Callahan fizzled out, Pelini was on his way to fizzling out (look at his Youngstown team this year), and Riley was a bust. OU went through three coaches after Switzer before they got the right one in 1999, and other programs do as well.

The right one may never get to Lincoln for quite some time, but Frost has at least two more seasons to get things on track, maybe a third one to reach year five.
He's got at least two more seasons, I think. There is no way he's getting fired anytime soon. Huge buyout after giving him a 7 year deal, plus if we fire a former player after just a few years, nobody is going to touch this program with a 10 foot pole.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT