ADVERTISEMENT

is lane kiffen a good coach?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
I don't know much about him, I guess he's been in the sec...

I think his dad was monty kiffen who I think played for NU...

I guessing lane maybe a bit pass happy so that should make it easy for the new Nebraska fans...

would he come to NU? and would he be a good fit?

I just ask cause I never hear his name mentioned as a replacement for frost if it don't work out..

What AD in Lincoln would have had the hind site to hire Lane Kiffen after one year at Tennessee in 2009 and USC fired him during the 2013 season…

Reactions: redwine65
He’s an above average coach.

He’s elite when it comes to coaching offense.

Arguably the best offensive mind in college football atm.

IMO

If NU passes on him that would save NU the embarrassment of being turned down by LK. He was immature when he got his first two HC positions. He is an elite offensive coach. In year two he has Mississippi in the top ten in the country. Offensive players want to play for him whete every they are located in the US. If he wants the HC position with any of the top schools that have an opening this year he can get it . If he passes on all the openings this year and is available at the end of 2022 NU should not even consider LK for he for sure will pass on NU. So if he is still at Ole Miss please do not offer him. Just turn your nose up and pretend you are just to good for him or what ever excuse you want to say to yourselves cause he will not even give NU any consideration other than the time it takes to say no.
Is LK better than what you got? Just answer this question. How many years will it take for Frost to have Nebraska ranked in the top ten ?
LK did it in year two at Ole Miss while playing the top teams in the country.

about every top coach out there comes with a big ego and some kind of baggage..

I'd take lane in a heartbeat.. recruiting would be an immediate upgrade too.

you would have to have a plan in place to keep some things swept under the rug.

I like Lane, but probably because I’m also an Ole Miss fan. I can’t see him taking the job in Lincoln. I think he would leave Ole Miss, but not for Nebraska. Unfortunately, it’s not the gig it once was.

By the way LK would not accept the HC job at USC either if the job came open in the future unless the timing was right for him . Right for him would be if he was out of coaching and wanted a HC job . That is not his situation now. I do believe LK will move on from Ole Miss when a top program is available and the money is right. A top program would be foolish if they did not contact his agent to see if he was available.

You asked if he was "good" and I think the answer is yes. Is he a great coach? Time will have to tell on that one. He is young with some missteps along the way.

ADVERTISEMENT