ADVERTISEMENT

Is it time for Moos to go?

Fed-Up

Walk On
Nov 2, 2019
When he was hired...I loved the old-time hard as nails...whiskey drinking...no apologies b=nature of Bill Moos..

Fast forward to today....has he be the architect of everything that has ruined Husker athletics (with a couple exceptions)? Watching almost anything athletic from Nebraska currently is complete and utter torture. Thankfully Moos has kept his hands off Wrestling and Volleyball.

Thoughts?

This won’t sit well with most of you , but I can understand the rationale here. First: Frost needs wins, realistically the Oklahoma game would result in a loss for the Huskers. Second , a home game results in significantly more revenue for the University. Third , an additional home game would give us another chance to bring in recruits to visit . Fourth , scheduling a weak team gives us solid chance at a win, which in turn helps us to achieve 6 wins (given the difficult schedule this will be difficult) and our first bowl in years.

• Haha
Reactions: AnyOneButYou
This won’t sit well with most of you , but I can understand the rationale here. First: Frost needs wins, realistically the Oklahoma game would result in a loss for the Huskers. Second , a home game results in significantly more revenue for the University. Third , an additional home game would give us another chance to bring in recruits to visit . Fourth , scheduling a weak team gives us solid chance at a win, which in turn helps us to achieve 6 wins (given the difficult schedule this will be difficult) and our first bowl in years.

Well if you would have told us that 4 years down the road that Moos was going to cancel the Oklahoma series and look for a MAC opponent to beat so SF could get to 6 wins...

You’d be saying to yourself what the hell are we hiring SF for if it can’t win enough games to make it to a bowl game..

When he was hired...I loved the old-time hard as nails...whiskey drinking...no apologies b=nature of Bill Moos..

Fast forward to today....has he be the architect of everything that has ruined Husker athletics (with a couple exceptions)? Watching almost anything athletic from Nebraska currently is complete and utter torture. Thankfully Moos has kept his hands off Wrestling and Volleyball.

Thoughts?

absolutely not.. Baseball Coach was a good hire..

I remember many being infatuated with bravado of Bo Pelini when he first arrived on the stage as well.

Reactions: saluno22
I remember many being infatuated with bravado of Bo Pelini when he first arrived on the stage as well.

First off Pelini/Osborne was nowhere near boastful big mouf like Moos/Frost. 2nd he won 9/10 games every year, went to 3 Conference Championship games in 7 years including 2 in the first 3 years and almost won 2 of them....got cheated in one against Texas.

Sorry I will gladly take that now versus this embarrassing national sh!t we have currently. They just need to shut up, find a way to make the players think they have a clue how to get this thing right and WIN SOME DAMN GAMES!!

That goes for that garbage "The Mayor" putting on the side of the road too....

Moos's job is to make good coaching hires and make the department profitable. So far he's hired the best available coaches for football and basketball that the entire fan base was excited about and kept us in the black. Pretty hard for me to think he should be fired.

First off Pelini/Osborne was nowhere near boastful big mouf like Moos/Frost. 2nd he won 9/10 games every year, went to 3 Conference Championship games in 7 years including 2 in the first 3 years and almost won 2 of them....got cheated in one against Texas.

Sorry I will gladly take that now versus this embarrassing national sh!t we have currently. They just need to shut up, find a way to make the players think they have a clue how to get this thing right and WIN SOME DAMN GAMES!!

That goes for that garbage "The Mayor" putting on the side of the road too....

Yes, Frost has to win now or we need to move on. But Pelini ran his mouth 100000x more than Frost and Moos combined. He was a massive national embarrassment over and over again, we just had a higher tolerance then because we were winning a little.

Moos's job is to make good coaching hires and make the department profitable. So far he's hired the best available coaches for football and basketball that the entire fan base was excited about and kept us in the black. Pretty hard for me to think he should be fired.

Good Post..Agreed..
Just don’t understand this we need revenge so let’s look for a MAC team to beat..

Reactions: John_J_Rambo
Stop the difficult schedule line. This BS excuse has been going on for the past three years. Oh yeah, we are young. Shut up and play.

I agree, but I also can't think of a single reason to keep him either.

I don't want him fired....I'm just saying he has failed on his two biggest hires to date and made us the laughing stock of CFB a few times now....frankly I feel like I should want him to be fired, but I don't for some reason.

I agree, but I also can't think of a single reason to keep him either.

I don't want him fired....I'm just saying he has failed on his two biggest hires to date and made us the laughing stock of CFB a few times now....frankly I feel like I should want him to be fired, but I don't for some reason.
I know the feeling, I just can't blame Moos for our performance on the field or basketball court when by almost every account he made good hires. I would trust him to hire replacements if it comes to that.

Well, I think this OU debacle is a real sign that there is some panic in North stadium. Hey Frost... where is your swagger now?
But now is not the time to fire anybody. Another losing season this Fall and then let’s talk about rolling some heads.
Frosty is hitting turmoil at every turn

No not yet. Need to see how football and men’s basketball do this upcoming season. I’d say both need to show some growth and exceed expectations or there may be some changes. The way things are going it doesn’t look good. Hope I’m wrong, but goodness sakes the past few years have been embarrassing.

I know the feeling, I just can't blame Moos for our performance on the field or basketball court when by almost every account he made good hires. I would trust him to hire replacements if it comes to that.

No one is blaming Moos for hiring Frost. At the same time just because you hire someone doesn't mean you can't tell him he is doing a sh!tty job and that he needs to get it together. Not keep making excuses and moving the goalposts every damn year!

Same goes Hoiberg, just because you flip a roster every year doesn't meant you get a PASS either! You don't get to go buy all the groceries, cook it and then complain about how the good tastes nah.

Bosses hire people all the time and they don't hold them accountable to the same standards of all other employees as far as goals and expectations then he gone lose his job or his company gonna go bankrupt or out of business...

Reactions: Chuck003
This win now society we live in today. Is getting very tiresome and aggravating to hear. It takes time. If you thought we would be Big10 champs after 1-2 years your are clueless. Sit back and relax and let them work out the kinks. I will root for the team if we win 10 games or 5. Because I am a fan. I see the improvements I also see the 1 score losses we’ve had and mistakes we are making. But I am not gonna bash the team and coaches and AD. Like have some respect for your squad or find another team.

Reactions: bshirt73
This win now society we live in today. Is getting very tiresome and aggravating to hear. It takes time. If you thought we would be Big10 champs after 1-2 years your are clueless. Sit back and relax and let them work out the kinks. I will root for the team if we win 10 games or 5. Because I am a fan. I see the improvements I also see the 1 score losses we’ve had and mistakes we are making. But I am not gonna bash the team and coaches and AD. Like have some respect for your squad or find another team.
And if Frost has another losing season this year, what will you say then? Wait until next year? The sad part is that Nebraska has not made a great deal of progress in the first 3 seasons of Frost, I hope that they make some big strides and have a winning record for 2021, but until that happens you have to say business as usual until proven otherwise.

Reactions: Fed-Up
Moos, we all knew that Frost and Hoiberg were going to be major busts, how could you be so stupid.

But seriously, maybe they already got the talk and that was why they were looking to pad the resume next year with some easy Ws. Frankly I think we need to give Frost at least a couple more years. Coach churn is not going to help at this point. Who do you think we're going to get?

Thoughts?
Well anybody can make a mistake but he better learn not to mess with Husker traditions in the future. You would have thought he would know that by now.

Thoughts?

No....he hired two home run hires (Frost and Hoiberg were both considered that at the time) and Bolt. All he did was hire the coaches Husker nation was begging for and no one really expected us to get Fred Hoiberg, yet Moos pulled it off. Not to mention what he’s doing with the facility upgrades that we desperately needed. So again, NO!!!

Reactions: CT-NUred
Well, I think this OU debacle is a real sign that there is some panic in North stadium. Hey Frost... where is your swagger now?
But now is not the time to fire anybody. Another losing season this Fall and then let’s talk about rolling some heads.

Speaking of swagger - How many of us think about this quote every time we lose? I know I do.

December 2, 2017
On Sunday, Scott Frost was asked how he would modify his offensive system to work in the Big Ten. Without hesitation, Frost responded, "I'm hoping the Big Ten has to modify their system to us."

I think Frost was the best hire of the season in almost everyone's eyes (in and OUT of the state) . Moos looked like a genius when he hired Scott AND Fred - funny that at least one of them hasn't been a homerun.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

I hope exactly ZERO people agree with you.

No it doesn't sit well with most of us life long Husker fans. Trying to duck a big time opponent because you're afraid to lose then blaming it on financial issues because of Covid is complete bullshit. This is just another awful look for a program that was basically saying they wanted to play anyone, anywhere. Good grief, don't we have an experienced defense returning? If we can't even be competitive in year 4 with that much experience returning, we are screwed! I've been really patient. I think many fans have been patient. Without huge improvement this fall I think the majority of the fan base will fall off the Frost bandwagon.

Reactions: cornhustler
In your eyes how many games does Frost need to win to be retained? Im thinking at least 6. But I know some fans think if wins 4 or 5 he should be retained. Personally, I only see 3 or 4 wins next year. But Ive lost so much hope that I doubt SF is fired.

No....he hired two home run hires (Frost and Hoiberg were both considered that at the time) and Bolt. All he did was hire the coaches Husker nation was begging for and no one really expected us to get Fred Hoiberg, yet Moos pulled it off. Not to mention what he’s doing with the facility upgrades that we desperately needed. So again, NO!!!

home run hires hit home runs

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: CT-NUred
In your eyes how many games does Frost need to win to be retained? Im thinking at least 6. But I know some fans think if wins 4 or 5 he should be retained. Personally, I only see 3 or 4 wins next year. But Ive lost so much hope that I doubt SF is fired.

6 minimum or he won't make it to Year 5. Good lord. We need to stop making excuses. He's got the talent to do better.

home run hires hit home runs

giphy.gif

home run hires AT THE TIME, genius. Go back to the time frame when Frost and Hoiberg were both hired and see what the National media, local media and what everyone thought. The entire sports world considered Frost and Hoiberg as some of top coaches available at the time. Yes sir, both were considered home run hires at the time and no one expected both coaches struggle like they have.

So back to the main point, should Moos be fired? NO....

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT