ADVERTISEMENT

Is it possible to have a power run game in the shot gun?

I really like Shawn Watson. Got to interact with him a few times at some camps back in the day. Really good coach. He's kind of gotten raked over the coals working for some unsuccessful head men recently but he'd be an upgrade over our current OC
Always came off as a stand-up guy.

We have a bad habit of using a very thin piece in time of judging assistant coaches in the post-Osborne era.

Reactions: Mrs.Jeans15
Our offense was terrible in 2009. I thought he did a good job with Martinez and the offense in 2010 though. Better than Beck honestly.

My point was it was changed in the middle if the season.

Because we were a turnover machine early. And it let our defense be great and not screw up games

I still hate T Mart got hurt.

Baylor had a strong running game under Bryles. I think if Bryles is a great coach and after looking at things Baylor threw him under the bus to appease SJW's. He shouldn't be blacklisted the way he was.

Watson did serve as OC for Colorado in 3 wins out of 5 tries against our guys, including that really bad day in 2001.

I know 2009 wasn't good---but there are far worse people out there.
That 2009 offense was pretty inexcusable though. If we had even an average offense that year, we're likely playing for a national title.

That 2009 offense was pretty inexcusable though. If we had even an average offense that year, we're likely playing for a national title.
I don't disagree----but I bet the list of coordinators that have never had a really bad season is a pretty short one.

Since we now have a definition of needing a fullback and pulling guard, I am going to say the answer is NO. Now you could substitute a TE for the FB. So, if that doesn't bend the definition, yep you can run power from a shotgun.

Since we now have a definition of needing a fullback and pulling guard, I am going to say the answer is NO. Now you could substitute a TE for the FB. So, if that doesn't bend the definition, yep you can run power from a shotgun.
Pistol diamond formation can feature a fb/h back/te or two in a heavy set instead of scat/wingbacks. Pull a guard and you technically have a power run game out of shotgun.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT