ADVERTISEMENT

Is it fair to have a interim coach?

redwine65

Offensive Coordinator
Jun 23, 2010
when we get skull dragged by 0u and 0su,
is it fair that someone else has to be in the bed frost made?

should frost not reap what he has sowed, on national tv?

that would be like replacing martinez in a blow out,
would it be fair to put a first year qb in that position?

It's fair to them knowing it's all about to get canned anyway. Give them a chance to show what they've got without the dope getting in their way so they can improve their chances of getting hired elsewhere after it happens. I have a feeling most won't make it anywhere meaningful...

You can start looking for a new coach behind the scenes whenever, but I don’t think it’s fair to the kids to pull the plug in the middle of the season. They only get so many games and some are trying to get to the next level, no reason to quit on them when you don’t have to.

when we get skull dragged by 0u and 0su,
is it fair that someone else has to be in the bed frost made?

should frost not reap what he has sowed, on national tv?

that would be like replacing martinez in a blow out,
would it be fair to put a first year qb in that position?
That is stupid. Sorry, but it just is.

If you think of this like a business, which it really is, you would never do something like that.

If I had an employee that seriously was sucking, the last thing I would do is keep him in the spotlight. It might suck for someone else to step up, but anyone and everyone would understand results with them stepping in.

You just don't punish a bad employee by letting him fail more before you fire him.

• Love
Reactions: BleedRed78
That is stupid. Sorry, but it just is.

If you think of this like a business, which it really is, you would never do something like that.

If I had an employee that seriously was sucking, the last thing I would do is keep him in the spotlight. It might suck for someone else to step up, but anyone and everyone would understand results with them stepping in.

You just don't punish a bad employee by letting him fail more before you fire him.
And this IS a business, a very big one at that

Reactions: egaRdeR
You can start looking for a new coach behind the scenes whenever, but I don’t think it’s fair to the kids to pull the plug in the middle of the season. They only get so many games and some are trying to get to the next level, no reason to quit on them when you don’t have to.
I would respectfully argue that such a change may actually benefit kids like that in some way... they're enabled to play freer and the interm coach has nothing to lose so it opens things up... better that way than being stiffled by what's currently in place

It would be one thing if firing him now meant getting who you want now but that probably is not the case.

I would respectfully argue that such a change may actually benefit kids like that in some way... they're enabled to play freer and the interm coach has nothing to lose so it opens things up... better that way than being stiffled by what's currently in place
plausible.

There is a huge loss of trust and everything erodes very quickly. Players think the coach being fired is because of them, they pull back, they are often dedicated to that coach as well. It is not freeing in any sort of manner unless the head person is a total ass and tyrant.

There is a huge loss of trust and everything erodes very quickly. Players think the coach being fired is because of them, they pull back, they are often dedicated to that coach as well. It is not freeing in any sort of manner unless the head person is a total ass and tyrant.
This is probably true.

It might be a bit of a spark for a few players that think they are getting jobbed out of playing time but for the most part, even teams that are losing, the players love their coaches.

You have to do something extremely bad, ie criminal, to warrant firing a coach midseason rather than wait until season is over.

I don't see the benefit of interim coach

ADVERTISEMENT