ADVERTISEMENT

Is BIG RED not trademark protected??

huskerfan66

Nebraska Football Hall of Fame
Dec 8, 2004
If Ohio State can do it for the word THE, I can't believe we (NU) doesn't have rights to big red.

Was watching Huskers vb vs Ole miss and on at the net on btn they ran an add for Indiana U and they were promoting a computer etc called big red 200. Wtf!!!

Reactions: king_kong_
If Ohio State can do it for the word THE, I can't believe we (NU) doesn't have rights to big red.

Was watching Huskers vb vs Ole miss and on at the net on btn they ran an add for Indiana U and they were promoting a computer etc called big red 200. Wtf!!!
Indiana has long called themselves "Big Red". Nebraska may be a blueblood in football, but IU is a blueblood in basketball.

checking-radar-no-one-cares-radar.gif

Reactions: baseball31ne
"Go Big Red" should absolutely be trademarked to Nebraska and the fact it's not is gross incompetence by Ronnie Green (probably too busy lighting 100s on fire in his brand new kilt) and his predecessors

if texas a&m can both legally run a cult in America and trademark "The 12th Man", this should be a no brainer

Maybe that's it. Grew up an hour from Bloomington, but haven't seen iu be good because it's been so long.
between a purdue fan throwing shade at indiana if-a-tree-falls-in-the-forest style and the iowa vs iowa st thread, the race for things for me to give less of a shit about is hotly contested

I did find this post to be very funny, however. like - in an imagining larry bird talking smack to a mirror kind of way

Maybe that's it. Grew up an hour from Bloomington, but haven't seen iu be good because it's been so long.
I was up in Angola. Have a buddy who got his Masters at Purdue. Where I was at, there were a lot of Michigan, Notre Dame and Michigan State fans. My parents both had Masters from Minnesota. Father had bachelors from Wisconsin and MBA from Northwestern. But they loved the Huskers.

Ronnie Green
Homie, I don't get your infatuation with Chancellor Green. You do realize that he oversees more than just athletics right? He does a great job securing research grants and making the University affordable for more students in Nebraska.....which believe it or not.....is why UNL is there in the first place.

Homie, I don't get your infatuation with Chancellor Green. You do realize that he oversees more than just athletics right? He does a great job securing research grants and making the University affordable for more students in Nebraska.....which believe it or not.....is why UNL is there in the first place.
I know he'll be making it rain in the club at 4am the night the B1G media check hits looking just like this

Fa9H4ewVUAEP4Mu

Still don't see why this has you pressed.
only thing pressed is that kilt, my man! pleats for days!

Ronnie G - $71M/year can purchase many, many degrees. instead, he'll buy a couple more basketball & football coaches while charging $60k a head and laughing all the way to the bank

what a legend

I've had three custom beer can insulators made for me by Yeti. At that time, Yeti would not print Nebraska, Cornhuskers or Huskers on any of them (I think Yeti now has the license to do it). However, Yeti had no problem printing GBR! Nobody here knows what it means, but I do.

I was up in Angola. Have a buddy who got his Masters at Purdue. Where I was at, there were a lot of Michigan, Notre Dame and Michigan State fans. My parents both had Masters from Minnesota. Father had bachelors from Wisconsin and MBA from Northwestern. But they loved the Huskers.
Lots of big ten going on there! Thats pretty cool. My family is basically Purdue through and through, but I know a ton of Nebraska, MSU, UM, and iu fans. Couple OSU and Northwestern fans as well. Makes the big ten fun having all those connections imo. Hope you liked your time in Indiana! Granted, northern is way different than Southern. It actually snows up there. Haha

My wife was born and raised in Ft Wayne. She is a Purdue grad. Is the Angola you mention the Angola north of Ft Wayne? If so my wife's aunt and uncle and now their kids own a house on Lake James (all are IU grads). The property has been in the family for about 100 years. Very cool place. When you are out on the lake there are several BIG flags flying from the homes and docks.

Reactions: bigboxes
Wisconsin cheers, "Let's Go Red!"...
I've never been to a UW sporting event and heard "Go Big Red" from Badger cheerleaders, band or fans.

My wife was born and raised in Ft Wayne. She is a Purdue grad. Is the Angola you mention the Angola north of Ft Wayne? If so my wife's aunt and uncle and now their kids own a house on Lake James (all are IU grads). The property has been in the family for about 100 years. Very cool place. When you are out on the lake there are several BIG flags flying from the homes and docks.
Yes. Angola is north of Fort Wayne. Up in the corner of the state bordering Michigan and Ohio. The county has 101 natural lakes. I remember going tobogganing at pokagon state park on Lake James. Bledsoe's Beach.

First winter there, we had what is now called the Blizzard of '78. Dumped 29" of snow in 48 hours. Shut down school for two weeks.
I've heard about the blizzard of 78. Most snow I ever saw at once in Southern Indiana was 13 inches. 1 time. Last year, I don't think it snowed. I saw more in Nebraska.

Lots of big ten going on there! Thats pretty cool. My family is basically Purdue through and through, but I know a ton of Nebraska, MSU, UM, and iu fans. Couple OSU and Northwestern fans as well. Makes the big ten fun having all those connections imo. Hope you liked your time in Indiana! Granted, northern is way different than Southern. It actually snows up there. Haha
I am way out here in Eastern Washington, but there are a lot of ties to the Midwest. I know people living here who went to Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Rutgers (Ugh! BIG, but not Midwest), North Dakota, Indiana, Creighton and of course Nebraska.

A neighbor girl is currently getting her graduate degree at South Dakota. I guess I never realized Vermillion is so close to Nebraska. You take away that SE corner of SD and there can't be much population left in the rest of state. I did talk to a woman from Spearfish this summer when I was in Montana. She says that part of SD is growing, and real estate prices have risen dramatically.

I am way out here in Eastern Washington, but there are a lot of ties to the Midwest. I know people living here who went to Wisconsin, Iowa, Minnesota, Michigan, Michigan State, Northwestern, Rutgers (Ugh! BIG, but not Midwest), North Dakota, Indiana, Creighton and of course Nebraska.

A neighbor girl is currently getting her graduate degree at South Dakota. I guess I never realized Vermillion is so close to Nebraska. You take away that SE corner of SD and there can't be much population left in the rest of state. I did talk to a woman from Spearfish this summer when I was in Montana. She says that part of SD is growing, and real estate prices have risen dramatically.
I know Idaho is booming. Wonder if Montana is growing as well? Or if it is two spots and not a trend.

I know Idaho is booming. Wonder if Montana is growing as well? Or if it is two spots and not a trend.
Western Montana and Northern Idaho (along with Boise) can be called North Northern California. Montana’s Flathead Lake area (Kalispell-Whitefish-Polson), Missoula down to Hamilton, Bozeman-Livingston- Big Timber area and even the the Butte-Anaconda area have seen significant growth and huge spikes in real estate costs. Bring lots of money if you want to buy in any of these places. Jackson Hole area in Wyoming is another place where real estate prices have sky rocketed. The wealthy like the No state income tax that Wyoming offers.

Reactions: BoilerN
Hey guys, we got there before you. But think HT was right. Somehow, of all teams, Cornell may have had it first. Will check with my favorite patent lawyer. OU grad. Who I was hoping to meet in Lincoln on the 17th. Alas. Hope to get there sometime soon.

Reactions: HappyTrail3200
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT