ADVERTISEMENT

Is a 5th year automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My made up facts were closer to the truth than what you stand by steadfastly.

You’d like to use opinions to compare conferences, I see win/loss record as a better (and actual) metric.

Literally this discussion has become pathetic, and you have no leg to stand on except ‘publications agree with me’, when really you’re just agreeing with them since it eases the pain of our beloved Huskers sucking so badly for so long.

Literally.
They're "rebuilding." It only seems like they're sucking. Laughing

What you are saying is like telling me the 7-5 team is better than the 11 -1 team because that opinion was written somewhere.
I'm saying bowl records are the dumbest way to measure a conference's sucess and if you have to go back to teams with players that graduated 10 years ago to prove your point about how good a conference is today it's not a good point.

I'm also saying that if it were a good point someone is talking about it. Nobody is saying that the B1G is soft except for people who post anonymously.

I knew you wouldn't post a link because you literally can't.
Perhaps next you’d like me to find an opinion piece on the sky being blue?

There is not a single objective measure by which the B1G is a top 2 P5 conference. Not one.

You want to cluck with the hens, go for it.

Perhaps next you’d like me to find an opinion piece on the sky being blue?

There is not a single objective measure by which the B1G is a top 2 P5 conference. Not one.

You want to cluck with the hens, go for it.
No, only on the point you're working so hard to try to prove.

Headline:

"B1G goes 1-6 in bowl games in 2008. Guy who calls himself Rambo says the conference sucks in 2021 as a result."

Brilliant.

No, only on the point you're working so hard to try to prove.

Headline:

"B1G goes 1-6 in bowl games in 2008. Guy who calls himself Rambo says the conference sucks in 2021 as a result."

Brilliant.
You still believe, based on nothing but speculative opinion and directly in the face of its actual record vs other P5 conference members, that the b1g is the 2nd best league in the country?

Brilliant, indeed.

You still believe, based on nothing but speculative opinion and directly in the face of its actual record vs P5 conference members, that the b1g is the 2nd best league in the country?

Brilliant, indeed.
I believe that everything you've based your argument on has no implications on 2021.

The players in the conference today don't have a losing bowl record and arguing about how what happened in the conference when they were in 3rd grade impacts their skill and win probability is a ridiculous stance to take.

I believe that everything you've based your argument on has no implications on 2021.

The players in the conference today don't have a losing bowl record and arguing about how what happened in the conference when they were in 3rd grade impacts their skill and win probability is a ridiculous stance to take.
So it’s exactly the same as believing speculative opinions, which of course have no bearing on how 2021 plays out?

Okay.

The opinion makers say the same thing every year (B1G is good!). The results are largely the same every year (it’s not).

Someone that knows how to coach in a bog boy conference, any more brain busters?

That is dumb as ****. I thought you had it figured out. Names that I would have looked to are now coaching in D1. Who you got sparky? Don't say Urban Meyer or Saban for ****s sake.

EDIT: I mean power 5 and not D1.

So it’s exactly the same as believing speculative opinions, which of course have no bearing on how 2021 plays out?

Okay.

The opinion makers say the same thing every year (B1G is good!). The results are largely the same every year (it’s not).
Except the B1G has also been good on the field as well recently. That's my whole point.

You're arguing historically about current results while also refuting current opinions...it's a bold strategy.

Except the B1G has also been good on the field as well recently. That's my whole point.

You're arguing historically about current results while also refuting current opinions...it's a bold strategy.
Top 2 P5 conference good?

Or B1G good?

There’s a difference.

What seems to be lost in all of this is your insistence it’s only behind the SEC, which by any and every objective measure is laughable.

Top 2 P5 conference good?

Or B1G good?

There’s a difference.

What seems to be lost in all of this is your insistence it’s only behind the SEC.
OOC vs P5 last 5 years:

SEC: 65-50
B1G: 55-49
Pac 12: 35-37
Big XII: 35-39
ACC: 49-63

Bowl records last 5 years:

SEC: 32-23
Big XII: 19-13
B1G: 22-19
ACC: 23-27
Pac 12: 11-20

B1G's been the second best conference in both opinion and in overall OOC record the last five years...and a lot of people have put out articles saying that, too.

I think it's cool you want to hold Juice Williams and the Illini getting rolled in the 2007 Rose Bowl as a key point in your argument that the conference is trash in 2021, though.

Last edited:
Reactions: John_J_Rambo
OOC vs P5 last 5 years:

SEC: 65-50
B1G: 55-49
Pac 12: 35-37
Big XII: 35-39
ACC: 49-63

Bowl records last 5 years:

SEC: 32-23
Big XII: 19-13
B1G: 22-19
ACC: 23-27
Pac 12: 11-20

B1G's been the second best conference in both opinion and in overall OOC record the last five years...and a lot of people have put out articles saying that, too.

I think it's cool you want to hold Juice Williams and the Illini getting rolled in the 2007 Rose Bowl as a key point in your argument that the conference is trash in 2021, though.
Why didn’t you just post this in the first place?

B1G sucks!

That is dumb as ****. I thought you had it figured out. Names that I would have looked to are now coaching in D1. Who you got sparky? Don't say Urban Meyer or Saban for ****s sake.

EDIT: I mean power 5 and not D1.
Again, I wont he hiring the new coach.
Believe it or not there is someone whos job it is to do that. 100+ FBS head coaches,like 1,000 assistant coaches, it will not be hard to find someone better than Frost Laughing

Again, I wont he hiring the new coach.
Believe it or not there is someone whos job it is to do that. 100+ FBS head coaches,like 1,000 assistant coaches, it will not be hard to find someone better than Frost Laughing

But your'e qualified to evaluate the current coach? Put your pitchfork away, Nancy.

Appreciate the hate. I guess the only question you need to ask yourself is if it's better to be that guy or lose an argument to that guy?

Don't forget your L on your way back to the pay board.
Damn your life must suck if you think you get wins on an internet message board. Laughing You should probably go out with your friends, if you have any, and maybe get laid.

Appreciate the hate. I guess the only question you need to ask yourself is if it's better to be that guy or lose an argument to that guy?

Don't forget your L on your way back to the pay board.
You remind me of a younger me...like middle school young when I thought telling people to get laid was funny and had no understanding of how money worked.
I am a younger you,boomer. Off to the pay board, come join us when you can afford it Laughing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT