ADVERTISEMENT

Ironically, we could learn from KSU.

I don't care about K-State. I just find it comical how you and others continue to come over here and beat your chest anytime something good happens. Like I said, good for Adrian, he is a great athlete, but he's no longer a Husker. No need to keep this dumb thread going and it'll be interesting when Tulane Adrian shows up if you are over here pumping up how great KSU is and how Nebraska needs that culture. No we don't. We will never strive to be K-State.
Okay.

Can’t stand KSU - they’re just like Wisconsin and Iowa to me…can’t stand any of them. But all three of those teams are well coached. Pretty much every week.

And, all three have provided a roadmap for Nebraska. Ironically, all three probably followed the Nebraska roadmap from T.O. years. In any case - have good olines, all tackle, all have good special teams. None of those things require an army of 4 and 5 star recruits.

They require good coaches.
This is what we need at NU. A good o line and a good d line. It really is that simple. Right now we have the worst o and d line in power 5

Reactions: moralvictories
This is what we need at NU. A good o line and a good d line. It really is that simple. Right now we have the worst o and d line in power 5
The defensive line was pretty good last year.. Kids graduated, Daniels left early, another went to Oregon and SF staff didn’t get enough recruits filling the gaps..

I’m not sure S&C is the difference in AM. Girlfriend’s working him hard. His head seemed to be right last night for a change too.
Before the OU game, Martinez had the 4th lowest QB rating in Div 1. Maybe he turned the corner, but the Tulane game almost cost him the starting job.

He's the recepient of a much better strength program and a huge increase in the level of QB coaching compared Mario and Frost. When he figured out he wasn't gonna pull his Husker shit and get away with it, he changed his game to meet their requirements. What worked at NU wasn't gonna fly there.

AMart was not in danger of losing his job before the OU game. Not sure who came up with that crap. Klieman would never have thrown a new, young, inexperienced QB into the OU game in Norman over journeyman Adrian who had play so well there the year earlier for N. Good grief.

AMart was not in danger of losing his job before the OU game. Not sure who came up with that crap. Klieman would never have thrown a new, young, inexperienced QB into the OU game in Norman over journeyman Adrian who had play so well there the year earlier for N. Good grief.
He was the 4th lowest rated QB in Div 1 prior to OU.

Already played in the Fiesta and Cotton bowls a couple of times each, dude.
And in all but one of those seasons, you were still second fiddle to Nebraska. In those 3 seasons, the margin of victory was 3 TDs or more. The only time you even finished ahead of Nebraska was 2002, the year Nebraska went 7-7.

Of course that explains the little brother syndrome you all have. Coming on the Husker board in an attempt to gain some sort of approval.

Since the beginning of college football, how many National Titles does Kstate have?
it’s boomer takes like this that make us Nebraska fans come off as insufferable.

literally nobody who wasn’t alive to see it cares about the 90s and 70s teams.

pretty sure we have more titles than Georgia does, are you insinuating you wouldn’t currently trade places with them cuz you have a scratched up DVD of the Osborne years to fall back on?

Reactions: AVeritas
it’s boomer takes like this that make us Nebraska fans come off as insufferable.

literally nobody who wasn’t alive to see it cares about the 90s and 70s teams.

pretty sure we have more titles than Georgia does, are you insinuating you wouldn’t currently trade places with them cuz you have a scratched up DVD of the Osborne years to fall back on?
46 years old is boomer territory? Lofl, great take kid.

I don't care about K-State. I just find it comical how you and others continue to come over here and beat your chest anytime something good happens. Like I said, good for Adrian, he is a great athlete, but he's no longer a Husker. No need to keep this dumb thread going and it'll be interesting when Tulane Adrian shows up if you are over here pumping up how great KSU is and how Nebraska needs that culture. No we don't. We will never strive to be K-State.
No disrespect, but this is how I believe your administration and money donors feel as well. At one time I was worried about Frost getting fired and Klieman having some success recruiting and developing this area’s talent and Nebraska coming and taking him away. I honestly don’t think Nebraska would ever lower themselves to hire a coach from K State, especially not with a pedigree like Klieman’s. I just don’t think the money donors would go for it. Which is good for KState.

Reactions: thall_
46 years old is boomer territory? Lofl, great take kid.
your take is boomer-tier, doesnt mean you are.

you have to realize how stupid it sounds to brag about National Championships when we’re currently a shitshow.

hopefully we’ll be able to brag about getting our 6th, maybe even a conference championship win in, in the next decade. but as it stands, we have nothing to chestpound over.

you and I both know we’d kill to have 3 wins over OU the past 4 years. take the lumps now and hope we get better

And in all but one of those seasons, you were still second fiddle to Nebraska. In those 3 seasons, the margin of victory was 3 TDs or more. The only time you even finished ahead of Nebraska was 2002, the year Nebraska went 7-7.

Of course that explains the little brother syndrome you all have. Coming on the Husker board in an attempt to gain some sort of approval.
You need a history lesson.
1998 Big 12 Conference football standings
TeamWLWL
Northern Division
No. 10 Kansas State x80112
No. 19 Nebraska5394
No. 21 Missouri5384
Colorado4484
Kansas1747
Iowa State1738

your take is boomer-tier, doesnt mean you are.

you have to realize how stupid it sounds to brag about National Championships when we’re currently a shitshow.

hopefully we’ll be able to brag about getting our 6th, maybe even a conference championship win in, in the next decade. but as it stands, we have nothing to chestpound over.

you and I both know we’d kill to have 3 wins over OU the past 4 years. take the lumps now and hope we get

I really wouldn't kill for that. Kstate has never won anything, which is why 3 out of 4 is so cool for them.

Twice B12 champions. How many did N win, IDK?
Trophy_Case.jpg

That's ancient history, like Yale winning 18 of those national championships. How many B12 championships did N win, IDK?

That has zero to do with replacing him in an away game against the #6 team in the nation on national TV with a completely unproven frosh. Maybe Frost does that, not Klieman.
You mean OU, the # 18 team in the country?
Frost is the former coach.

The defensive line was pretty good last year.. Kids graduated, Daniels left early, another went to Oregon and SF staff didn’t get enough recruits filling the gaps..
Also, lack of development in the younger players. Develop the younger guys so they can step up and fill gaps when needed.

No disrespect, but this is how I believe your administration and money donors feel as well. At one time I was worried about Frost getting fired and Klieman having some success recruiting and developing this area’s talent and Nebraska coming and taking him away. I honestly don’t think Nebraska would ever lower themselves to hire a coach from K State, especially not with a pedigree like Klieman’s. I just don’t think the money donors would go for it. Which is good for KState.
23-17 (14-14) and holding.

Nebraska doesn't have any of the built in advantages that Texas has.
Nebraska's recruiting territory includes a large swatch of the midwest beyond its borders. South Dakota is really NU's turf as is part of ND. Even better, the Colorado schools are so underwhelming to local talent that Nebraska can regularly cherry pick the best instate talent from a state of 6 million, and Missouri doesn't get all of its talent either, leaving plenty for Nebraska within a day's car ride.
So yeah, Texas has way more people. But Nebraska competes with no other state university and has (if it has the right coaches) the ability to yank away a big part of the border state talent.

Reactions: HugeCat
Do you still clap for your opponents when they leave Dr. Tom's field, classiest fans in the sport?

Do you still clap for your opponents when they leave Dr. Tom's field, classiest fans in the sport?
awwwwww the poor wittle kitty's feewings are hurt

no fair! you mean Nebraska fans used to be nice!

in that regular season champs pic, who let their lesbian grandma on the podium in the background?

Reactions: leodisflowers
Nebraska's recruiting territory includes a large swatch of the midwest beyond its borders. South Dakota is really NU's turf as is part of ND. Even better, the Colorado schools are so underwhelming to local talent that Nebraska can regularly cherry pick the best instate talent from a state of 6 million, and Missouri doesn't get all of its talent either, leaving plenty for Nebraska within a day's car ride.
So yeah, Texas has way more people. But Nebraska competes with no other state university and has (if it has the right coaches) the ability to yank away a big part of the border state talent.
Nebraska and its surrounding states aren't close to the amount that is in Texas. Not even kinda close.

Texas is the biggest underachiever in college football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT