ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa's Insidious, Racist Regime Covered by ESPN

What is so negative about black culture, that you have to force a round peg in a square hole? You saw plenty of flamboyant, march to his own drum types in Lincoln, white and black, and there never seemed to be a racial divide that I observed.

Did you present a conclusion to wha I said?

Did you present a conclusion to wha I said?

What is so negative about black culture, that you have to force a round peg in a square hole? You saw plenty of flamboyant, march to his own drum types in Lincoln, white and black, and there never seemed to be a racial divide that I observed.
Nothing. We are a country of individuals. We should be free to be an individual.

No, you did, mine.

Reactions: headcard

Nothing. We are a country of individuals. We should be free to be an individual.

No, you did, mine.

Yes, we agree. I'm saying it's ok, if we don't agree. It doesn't mean someone is bad or evil. Correct? Perception.

Checkout the Smithsonian and whiteness. Apparently hard work is white culture.

I posted that on Twitter and someone responded that was taken right out of Marxist anti-capitalist propaganda which doesn't surprise me because the whole SJW bullshit all came from the Marxism oppression narrative. Marxists learned that workers never fell for their bullshit so they recast it to use race and gender instead. Our universities now pump out indoctrinated graduates all assuming power in different institutions. It is a malignant cancer.

In the words of Deadpool, “pump the hate brakes, Fox and Friends”....

That isn't the part they are calling racist. it was being forced to walk, talk, and dress like you were white, and only listen to white music while with the team.
Because in the professional world, it is proper to be dressed appropriately for certain occasions. Nobody is saying you can't put on a bright orange suit like Deion Sanders. Nobody is saying you can't be trendy like Shannon Sharpe. Their dress code probably says wear your pants around your waist, and wear clothes that are the appropriate size. Is that to much to ask? I'm sorry, but in the real world saggy pants, gold grills and sideways hats aren't professional unless you are in the entertainment business.

So like I said in my original post it all boils down to choices. So if Iowa has a dress code, that is their universities policy. That is their right have one. It is also your right to go to Iowa or any other school that you are accepted to. If there are other schools that don't have a dress code go there. YOUR CHOICE! If you want to be a rapper, a singer, a movie star or some other form of entertainment superstar dress however the f you want. If you want to be a part of the business world (which most people that go to college are), I would suggest to dress professional. What the hell is so hard to get about that?

For Example...

At Big 10 media days... everyone is dressed in suits. Then you have someone strolling in with their Jean's sagging, doo rag on and a flat billed cap to the side. You think that is appropriate for the occasion? No, sorry it is not! I am sure that if you want to wear something of your heritage that you would wear to church (your Sundays best), I'm sure that would be fine. I don't think Iowa Football is saying "You need to wear Wrangler Jean's, a flannel shirt and John Deer hat when you are on campus".

Like someone said it is a slippery slop, but I am not the one to judge and it isn't my call.

Having a dress code is not racist.

Playing a playlist of music at practice that isn't what you want is not racist.

Reactions: iowahaha1
or at least not some insufferable country song
hFFpUyc.jpg

This reminds of one time when I was a HS principal at a small school. During warmups for BB I put on some music for the kids. Mostly older rock. The parents/school were generally pretty conservative.and everything went through my office.

A girl came and asked if they could play some rap music of their choice. I knew her mother extremely well, conservative Christian which was great. The girl gave me the music and I listened to and about puked. Something about a guy and a girl getting it on and he spills his sees on the ground and on and on with that song and several more. When she came back to my office I asked her what she was thinking and what her mother would say if I allowed her to play that to the crowd.

Bottom line is what one person/group thinks is unacceptable, others think it is normal and completely acceptable.

Last edited:
Because in the professional world, it is proper to be dressed appropriately for certain occasions. Nobody is saying you can't put on a bright orange suit like Deion Sanders. Nobody is saying you can't be trendy like Shannon Sharpe. Their dress code probably says wear your pants around your waist, and wear clothes that are the appropriate size. Is that to much to ask? I'm sorry, but in the real world saggy pants, gold grills and sideways hats aren't professional unless you are in the entertainment business.

So like I said in my original post it all boils down to choices. So if Iowa has a dress code, that is their universities policy. That is their right have one. It is also your right to go to Iowa or any other school that you are accepted to. If there are other schools that don't have a dress code go there. YOUR CHOICE! If you want to be a rapper, a singer, a movie star or some other form of entertainment superstar dress however the f you want. If you want to be a part of the business world (which most people that go to college are), I would suggest to dress professional. What the hell is so hard to get about that?

For Example...

At Big 10 media days... everyone is dressed in suits. Then you have someone strolling in with their Jean's sagging, doo rag on and a flat billed cap to the side. You think that is appropriate for the occasion? No, sorry it is not! I am sure that if you want to wear something of your heritage that you would wear to church (your Sundays best), I'm sure that would be fine. I don't think Iowa Football is saying "You need to wear Wrangler Jean's, a flannel shirt and John Deer hat when you are on campus".

Like someone said it is a slippery slop, but I am not the one to judge and it isn't my call.

Having a dress code is not racist.

Playing a playlist of music at practice that isn't what you want is not racist.
Suits are a very western dress code. Can you imagine if a Muslim football player showed up in a formal set of robes? Admittedly different than the do rag, but the point is the same. We just assume our dress code is the correct one...

Reactions: jrhuskerdad
Suits are a very western dress code. Can you imagine if a Muslim football player showed up in a formal set of robes? Admittedly different than the do rag, but the point is the same. We just assume our dress code is the correct one...
"I am sure that if you want to wear something of your heritage that you would wear to church (your Sundays best), I'm sure that would be fine."

Did you miss that part of my post? Your looking to paint a picture of me, without listening to what I said. I am trying to say if there is a dress code and you aren't okay with it. Any of these kids have the right to say no thanks I would like to go elsewhere. The university has the right to have that dress code, and that does not mean they are racist.

Last edited:
Is it required to marry in the family (sister, cousin) if you listen to country? ;)

Is it required that you deal drugs, carry at all times and be willing to put a cap in somebody's ass, beat women and glorify violence if you listen to rap? ;)

I actually am joking. Both country and rap supply plenty of ammo for people to laugh at

Last edited:
Is it required that you deal drugs, carry at all times and be willing to put a cap in somebody's ass, beat women and glorify violence if you listen to rap? ;)

I actually am joking. Both country and rap supply plenty of ammo for people to laugh at
Regarding music, hip hop is the most listened to and purchased music. The artists are predominantly black. A majority of listeners are white.

Country music artists are predominantly white. Literally no black people listen to it or support the artists.

So many slippery slopes that so many are heading face first into...

Regarding music, hip hop is the most listened to and purchased music. The artists are predominantly black. A majority of listeners are white.

Country music artists are predominantly white. Literally no black people listen to it or support the artists.

So many slippery slopes that so many are heading face first into...

Literally? No black people sing country, purchase it, or listen to it? None? Wow.

Charley Pride says hi...So does Ray Charles....so does Kane Brown (not 100% sure Kane is black but that is my guess)...Hootie AKA Darius Rucker.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
The official report on the issue is out

The conclusion from the report:

Conclusion
The current and former players who participated in this review described a range of personal experiences, both good and bad, within the Iowa football program. Many are passionate about the program and have had a positive and rewarding experience. Virtually all the players spoke positively about their position coaches and the influence those coaches have had on their lives, both personally and athletically. Yet numerous players described feeling unhappy and unwelcome, citing to a program culture that they perceive requires strict conformity and rigid adherence to the "mold" of an ideal player, a mold that many Black players felt they could never truly fit because it was built around the stereotype of a clean-cut, White athlete from a midwestern background. Additionally, numerous current and former players and coaches of all races described an environment in which a small number of coaches felt empowered to bully and demean athletes, especially Black athletes.

In sum, the program's rules perpetuated racial or cultural biases and diminished the value of cultural diversity. The program over-monitored players to the point that they experienced heightened anxiety and maintained a culture that allowed a small group of coaches to demean players. We have separately provided four personnel reports to the University summarizing allegations of mistreatment made against current and former employees so that they may be addressed, as appropriate, pursuant to the institution's personnel policies and procedures.

Importantly, current players and coaches were uniform in their view that the program has implemented immediate and positive changes since the inception of this review. Players are cautiously optimistic that the coaching staff is listening to their concerns and having genuine conversations with them around difficult and complicated issues. Finally, both the Athletic Director and Head Coach Ferentz expressed their commitment to rebuild trust with players and foster an environment that embodies the department's values of diversity, equity and inclusion.

We recommend that the University work with Athletic Director Barta and Head Coach Ferentz to create action steps aimed at improving the culture of the program, eliminating biases, encouraging student-athletes to report concerns of mistreatment, and amplifying the University's policy statement against retaliation within the football program.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flick2.0
I feel like this is a big nothing burger. There will be some sort of apology and then will move on.

There is a press conference this afternoon. It will go like this:

"We acknowledge there is a problem"

"We are committed to making a change"

"Kirk Ferentz is the right man to lead this change"

"Thanks for coming."

Edit: Iowa media will probably slip in another question about pizza toppings to make sure they cover all the bases.

There is a press conference this afternoon. It will go like this:

"We acknowledge there is a problem"

"We are committed to making a change"

"Kirk Ferentz is the right man to lead this change"

"Thanks for coming."

Edit: Iowa media will probably slip in another question about pizza toppings to make sure they cover all the bases.

Not sure which Iowa media you’re talking about. Over the past 8 weeks it seems like there’s a concerted effort among the Iowa beat writers to burn the program to the ground and get KF fired. Any post made on Hawkeyereport naming Iowa sports writers like Marc Morehouse, Rob Howe, Scott Dochterman, or Chad Leisticow gets deleted immediately.

The Iowa media have most definitely not been kind to the football program this summer.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Literally? No black people sing country, purchase it, or listen to it? None? Wow.

Charley Pride says hi...So does Ray Charles....so does Kane Brown (not 100% sure Kane is black but that is my guess)...Hootie AKA Darius Rucker.
So your argument is to name a few out of over 1,000 artists???

literally
[ˈlidərəlē, ˈlitrəlē]
    • used for emphasis or to express strong feeling while not being literally true.
      "I was literally blown away by the response I got"
Music demographics -

The vast majority of people [over 90%] who listen to country music on a regular basis are white/Caucasian. Just 3% of Hispanics and 5% of African-Americans say that they prefer country music to other genres.

Bottom line - I’m illustrating absurdity by being absurd. Who supports different music based on skin color, I could give a rip less about. But in this day and age where everything is evaluated by skin color and/or insert your favorite identity trait, everything can be perceived as being racist, or whatever other “ist” or “phobe” word you want to attach to it.

Not sure which Iowa media you’re talking about. Over the past 8 weeks it seems like there’s a concerted effort among the Iowa beat writers to burn the program to the ground and get KF fired. Any post made on Hawkeyereport naming Iowa sports writers like Marc Morehouse, Rob Howe, Scott Dochterman, or Chad Leisticow gets deleted immediately.

The Iowa media have most definitely not been kind to the football program this summer.

Did you watch the last press conference? The one where the media didn't dare mention Brian Ferentz by name or decided they needed to ask questions about pizza toppings? Most of the media that covers Iowa football don't dare ask a tough question for fear of losing access. Rob Howe, and Morehouse to an extent, seem like the only media members that are an exception to that group.

Acting white and dressing white is such a racist concept. If a black person dresses respectably, talks respectfully, Carrie's himself professionally hes acting white? Why would anyone appropriate shit street culture as "their culture"? There are white street kids growing up with them as well, that dress with oversized clothing and talk with an intentionally augmented form of english that can at times be inaudible. Why some black people cling to the manufactured "differences in culture" is a puzzle to me. Ghetto, disrespectful street tendency is not culture, it is the lack of culture. Ghetto people all act the same, white black or indifferent.

Did you watch the last press conference? The one where the media didn't dare mention Brian Ferentz by name or decided they needed to ask questions about pizza toppings? Most of the media that covers Iowa football don't dare ask a tough question for fear of losing access. Rob Howe, and Morehouse to an extent, seem like the only media members that are an exception to that group.

I mean, they asked him about Brian in the presser before that. Should they have asked the same question when nothing new had developed and the investigation hadn't completed?

Among the topics Ferentz addressed was the decision to place strength and conditioning coach Chris Doyle on administrative leave, and whether he was giving his son, offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz, a pass. Many players, including prominent names like James Daniels, Jaleel Johnson and Akrum Wadley, have identified both Doyle and Brian Ferentz as the biggest problems in a culture that needs change.

67eefcd1-391d-4eca-9602-aacd5b080220-1222019_HOLIDAYBOWLPRACTICE2001.JPG

Iowa offensive coordinator Brian Ferentz, left, and his father, head coach Kirk Ferentz, are shown during a pre-Holiday Bowl practice in San Diego. (Photo: Brian Ray, Hawkeyesports.com)

“The level of comments regarding the two are very different from my perspective,” Kirk Ferentz said.

Ferentz continued to say that he thinks he can remain objective about his oldest son, noting that some of the issues that have been raised have been addressed in the past.

“Ultimately, I’ve got to make judgement. I can assure you the judgments I make are … based on the people,” Ferentz said. “Overall, if we are not committed to helping the team, helping our players feel good when they’re in the building, when they're out of the building and 10 years removed ... then every one of those is a failure."

The pizza question was silly, but it was directed at Keith Duncan who had tweeted about it. Being able to get on Twitter is one of the new changes made this summer in the Iowa program and the reporter was writing a story on that.

https://www.hawkcentral.com/story/s...an-ferentz-and-allegations-racism/3170718001/

By large, the Iowa media has given the football program more or less a free pass on a range of issues. A good portion of the Nebraska media is the same way. But you can't sit here and say they do a good job of taking issues at hand or the head coach to task.

Well food had to come up......

When asked a question about hearing about racism in his program, KF responds that "yesterday I heard complaints about scrambled eggs"

He has been asked several times about his son, won't say a word.

I will give him this, KF is a master at saying a lot without actually saying anything.

Well food had to come up......

When asked a question about hearing about racism in his program, KF responds that "yesterday I heard complaints about scrambled eggs"

He has been asked several times about his son, won't say a word.

I will give him this, KF is a master at saying a lot without actually saying anything.
He is a classic ceo/politician

I live in Des Moines and you're full of crap (like usual, stick to trolling) Mainstream Media here will slide some moral high ground schtick like "racism is bad, if kirk is racist that's bad, but let's not jump to conclusions" and then act terrified to touch the subject afterwards.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT