ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there can be different types of rivals. We were rivals with CU not because we competed with them for titles year in and year out like we did with Okla. CU was a rival because we hated them at a personal level. They were annoying, loud mouthed, over confident, ass holes. I think Iowa will end up being that type of rival. We will beat them more often than not, but will still be a rival because we just enjoy curb stomping them and shutting them up.
This.

Reactions: husker2612
I don't think Penn State will be as tough as they have been. Without McSorely, anyone's odds will be better. Like Iowa's chnaces at home this year. @ Michigan @ Wisconsin maybe @ Nebraska will be the tall tasks this year.
I agree with your take on PSU. I live in PA. I am friends with many die hard PSU fans. What they are saying is that there is a lot of young talent, especially on defense. But they expect things to be shaky this year.

Also... Iowa gets into PSU’s head. They have a tendency to lay a turd when playing you guys.

I agree with your take on PSU. I live in PA. I am friends with many die hard PSU fans. What they are saying is that there is a lot of young talent, especially on defense. But they expect things to be shaky this year.

Also... Iowa gets into PSU’s head. They have a tendency to lay a turd when playing you guys.

That’s about the only thing this blow hard got right. kwicasso That is. It seems like PSU sleep walks when they play Iowa and struggle. I really don’t get it either, because Iowa has nothing special to them at all. Absolutely nothing.

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Funny, same way I got mine. Cousin played field hockey & her husband a 197 wrestler at PSU in 90's. Live in Lancaster now. They like checking in on B1G west info & share the good info they get from the East.

Funny, same way I got mine. Cousin played field hockey & her husband a 197 wrestler at PSU in 90's. Live in Lancaster now. They like checking in on B1G west info & share the good info they get from the East.

And you was DEAD WRONG AGAIN. Miss State did NOT finish in the top 25 at seasons end. When you guys beat them in the bowl game, that took them out of it. So again, you guys didn’t beat anyone that FINISHED in the top 25.

And you was DEAD WRONG AGAIN. Miss State did NOT finish in the top 25 at seasons end. When you guys beat them in the bowl game, that took them out of it. So again, you guys didn’t beat anyone that FINISHED in the top 25.

Coaches #25, AP Iowa #25. You're done.

You may be trolling with the hillbilly act, but sadly I don't think you are.

Wow, reading comprehension got the best of you?? The poster above you pounded your chest to said you guys did NOT BEAT ANYONE in the top 25 (hence the 7-6 and 8-5 records you guys pull off yearly).. He didn’t say Iowa didn’t finish in the top 25, he was talking about your cupcake schedules. My hillbilly act?? Funny coming from an Iowa SuckEye fan with reading comprehension.

Wow, reading comprehension got the best of you?? The poster above you pounded your chest to said you guys did NOT BEAT ANYONE in the top 25 (hence the 7-6 and 8-5 records you guys pull off yearly).. He didn’t say Iowa didn’t finish in the top 25, he was talking about your cupcake schedules. My hillbilly act?? Funny coming from an Iowa SuckEye fan with reading comprehension.
Exactly what I was talking about long ago.

Someone stated they didn't beat anyone in top 25. I said factually wrong, MSU was 21 pre bowl, #25 COACHES after Iowa beat them, which just so happened to also put Iowa at #25 AP for reference.

You trying to tie nine conversations together reveals the dense between the ears.

Exactly what I was talking about long ago.

Someone stated they didn't beat anyone in top 25. I said factually wrong, MSU was 21 pre bowl, #25 COACHES after Iowa beat them, which just so happened to also put Iowa at #25 AP for reference.

You trying to tie nine conversations together reveals the dense between the ears.

Hey I feel you there. I’ll do one thing NONE of the Iowa guys ever do for us Huskers and give credit were it’s due. Iowa is a always a solid team. Kirk always has Iowa playing solid football. You guys constantly have a solid defense and a solid run game. Like you said earlier, this years game should be another good for the books. It will be less then a TD win by which ever team that win.

Hey I feel you there. I’ll do one thing NONE of the Iowa guys ever do for us Huskers and give credit were it’s due. Iowa is a always a solid team. Kirk always has Iowa playing solid football. You guys constantly have a solid defense and a solid run game. Like you said earlier, this years game should be another good for the books. It will be less then a TD win by which ever team that win.
Not many will disagree that Iowa fields a solid team more often than not. Where Nebraska and Iowa differ is getting over that "solid" hump. Getting to the next level, Playing for titles consistently, Getting more than 9 wins. Nebraska has shown it can consistently do it. Iowa never has been able to make it over and stay over. As I have said If there is one thing Iowa is really good at, it is being consistently just above average.

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
I actually think that is more Wisconsin than Iowa. And that Colorado thing was very much pushed by their coach at the time; I don't think Osborne gave a shit about Colorado.
You are missing the point he was making. Iowa will never be our biggest rival as Oklahoma was. But even in the old Big 8 we had lesser rivalries with teams like CU and KSU because they fielded solid teams.

And please do elaborate further on your deep insight into Osborne’s psyche. I think he damn well cared a lot about beating everyone he played, especially teams like CU who, in some years, had the talent to beat us straight up.

Reactions: Baxter48
Is it allowed for me to say in my opinion Iowa is our rival? I know that's not the company line, but it seems obvious to me.

It’s a rivalry all right but definitely not like the one with Oklahoma...

Only neighboring state next to us in the conference and we work and drink together... ohhh yea it’s personal..

Is it allowed for me to say in my opinion Iowa is our rival? I know that's not the company line, but it seems obvious to me.
Hell yeah you can say that. It isn’t a respectful rivalry as OU was. Nor is it the “clash of titans” type rivalry as OU was. But given that both programs have had about the same record over the past 20 years and we hate each other and are neighboring States then.... hell yeah they are our rival.

Just look at the length of any thread on here about Iowa. Look at the venom and vitriol on both sides. Look at the passion for sticking it to those Iowa assholes.

Rivalry

We need to let this thread die already. I know, this doesn’t help but it’s all about “Oh Iowa is good and they kick but and we average 7-8 wins a season (regardless if it’s cupcakes every season)” and “Huskers are doing great, recruiting at a high level and Frost has the boys going”....neither one of us fan bases will ever budge and admit the other is a formidable opponent (well at least till Frost has all his players caught up and playing, then I see Iowa in HUGE trouble).

We need to let this thread die already. I know, this doesn’t help but it’s all about “Oh Iowa is good and they kick but and we average 7-8 wins a season (regardless if it’s cupcakes every season)” and “Huskers are doing great, recruiting at a high level and Frost has the boys going”....neither one of us fan bases will ever budge and admit the other is a formidable opponent (well at least till Frost has all his players caught up and playing, then I see Iowa in HUGE trouble).
So you help a thread die by posting in it and keeping it going?

Reactions: F5Tornado
That might work for a year maybe 2 but Martinez isn’t going to be there forever, this isn’t the NFL. What’s plan B? Does Harrison Beck have a little brother?

Yes, clearly Frost and his staff are struggling at recruiting. :D

I guess now is probably as good a time as any to tell you the name of our most recently recruited QB to Lincoln. But...when I tell you, you have to promise not to run away and hide. Is that a deal? OK, it's Christian McCaffrey's little brother, Luke...

Brad Tucker, why do you look like you've seen a ghost? Are you OK...can I get you a Pepto Bismol tablet or something? Do you need to go to the ER? Brad, why are you hiding under the bed?? Laughing

What’s your point anyway? That ag majors are stupid? So Iowa has no ag majors? Isn’t Iowa an agricultural State? Ok. Makes sense. Don’t want to have majors in your State’s main industry after all.

No wonder Iowa football is so mediocre

I hope you forgive my mistaken impression. You mentioned sheep and goats without an "intimate" reference, so I should have figured you are not a UN grad.

The University of Iowa does not have ag majors because Iowa State University offers excellent opportunities in that field. Highly ranked, or so the Clones tell me.

McCaffery would probably be a true fresh starter if he was at almost any other BIG10 school, especially Iowa.
Not hardly, NFL scouts are drooling over Iowa QB Nathan Stanley, we were blessed he didn’t go pro this year. Martinez will never see the field in the NFL as a QB.

Height and weight wise Stanley looks like the traditional NFL QB, that’s where the comparison starts and stops. He’d make a decent model for a statue though.

Kwicshop Iowa guy helped me find some common ground with Iowa fan, since the husker b-ball team has never accomplished anything significant and Iowa football has never accomplished anything significant we have that in common. Husker b-ball fans can relate directly to Iowa football fans. Boom you’re welcome.

Height and weight wise Stanley looks like the traditional NFL QB, that’s where the comparison starts and stops. He’d make a decent model for a statue though.

Kwicshop Iowa guy helped me find some common ground with Iowa fan, since the husker b-ball team has never accomplished anything significant and Iowa football has never accomplished anything significant we have that in common. Husker b-ball fans can relate directly to Iowa football fans. Boom you’re welcome.
Nah, close, but I'll help you out with the truth.
_____Bama, Oklahoma, Ohio State____
|
Nebraska football
|
|
Iowa Basketball
|
Iowa Football
|
|
|
|
|
Nebraska Basketball
|
____Northridge, Quinnipiac, Grambling____

This is a great tool you may use when discussing with other programs. Plug in where necessary.

|
Nebraska football
|
|
Iowa Basketball
|
Iowa Football
|
|
|
|
|
Nebraska Basketball
|

This is a great tool you may use when discussing with other programs. Plug in where necessary.
Oh so you have two cheaters and a wife beater as your top schools. Way to go hawk fan

Reactions: H8FULLGR8
|
Nebraska football
|
|

Iowa Basketball
|

Iowa Football
Nebraska Basketball
|

Right, just like I said, you didn’t need to repeat it.

Oh so you have two cheaters and a wife beater as your top schools. Way to go hawk fan
Right, just like I said, you didn’t need to repeat it.
No see that model is set, ya goose. You can't pair a zero tournament win program with a team that has some big ten championships, 3 bcs berths & 5 top tens in 20 years, or 11 BTC in history, 16-15-1 bowls, 1 Natty.

Now Stop! Before you go all 1995, that was also properly represented! See the gaps?

That's what that model distinguishes. Try it with Badger or Gopher fans. Kind of fun!

So here it is and thanks again kwicshop

Nebraska football

Iowa hoops

Iowa football
Nebraska hoops

Cool. Got it. Nebraska hoops and Iowa football have a lot in common.

Reactions: RedMyMind
No see that model is set, ya goose. You can't pair a zero tournament win program with a team that has some big ten championships, 3 bcs berths & 5 top tens in 20 years, or 11 BTC in history, 16-15-1 bowls, 1 Natty.

Now Stop! Before you go all 1995, that was also properly represented! See the gaps?

That's what that model distinguishes. Try it with Badger or Gopher fans. Kind of fun!
You do not have a title dumb ass!!! 58 is LSU and LSU only.

Reactions: scarletred
My prediction for the 2019-2020 season, Nebraska gets to 900 wins easily and Iowa breaks the 655 win threshold, barely, but they get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT