ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
Iowa has the 39th rated recruiting class according to rivals. Is that an improvement over past years or about where they usually finish? I am too lazy to research this further since Iowa sucks and isn’t worth my time. But if somebody on here knows the answer I would be interested.

I ask simply because I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iowa fans stick with Ferentz. They have all the tools necessary to be a much better program. But they stand loyally behind Captain Boring.

Iowa has the 39th rated recruiting class according to rivals. Is that an improvement over past years or about where they usually finish? I am too lazy to research this further since Iowa sucks and isn’t worth my time. But if somebody on here knows the answer I would be interested.

I ask simply because I can’t for the life of me figure out why Iowa fans stick with Ferentz. They have all the tools necessary to be a much better program. But they stand loyally behind Captain Boring.
Herkiesrevenge it Iwillnotpostdrunk will be right over to tell you. Herkiesrevenge even has stats for you.

Maybe, if I share, he won’t... they are usually in the 50s. So this is an improvement.

In one of his many novels, herkiesrevense has informed us all that this class is better than normal and will bring them championships. After all, if one 2-star develops into an All-Conference player, they all will and the 3-stars will be superstars, but just for Io_a, it doesn't work that way for other teams. The Io_a fan that does indeed post drunk can back him up on this.

Without taking the time to look either, there was an Iowa poster on saying that they were so low because they weren't taking as many players. I believe their average is lower and have fewer committed at this time

Without taking the time to look either, there was an Iowa poster on saying that they were so low because they weren't taking as many players. I believe their average is lower and have fewer committed at this time
According to Rivals, we have 8, 4-star players committed and they have ZERO. Very god chance we end with double digits (Pola-Gates, Pola-Mayo, Benhart bump) and they stay at 0.

It is slightly better than what we normally get but lacks a star at WR we really needed. It is a really good foundation class but we are going to need to add some playmakers at DE and WR next year. As far as the "why do we stick with KF?". I too get frustrated we dont push for confrence championships more or the playoff picture but the facts are the list of teams that have won 8 games or more for the last 4 years is like 10-15 teams and we are one. I dont mean this as a shot at nebraska but think about the coaches you guys have gone through and finally think you have a good coach again, we have just been able to build for 20 years from the consistency. We are not nebraska, we dont have the history, but the brand has got much bigger/better. You also have to give some credit to the fact that he has ran an organization that has 100ish 18-20 year olds each year, along with coaches, and in 20 years the biggest problems we had were rhabdo, a case of college kids selling drugs, and other minor stuff. No rape, no cheating, no "lack of institutional control" etc. We play in a decent bowl game every year and have a couple guys drafted every year. I will say I have actually appreciated Nebraska/MN/wiscy stepping the recruitting game up.

Fwiw, I think you have out recruited us since joining the B10.

Last edited:
It’s fun to make fun of Iowa’s recruiting class.

It hasn’t been fun playing Iowa the past four years.

Probably wouldn’t worry too much at their recruiting ranking.
I am not worried about their ranking. Just curious why Iowa fans tolerate mediocrity when they have the tools to do better.

Yeah, they have owned us of late thanks to Guy Smiley. But I suspect that is about to change.

Exactly. If Frost and staff keep recruiting at this level, Iowa won’t beat us again until they get rid of Captain Boring.
IMO, Iowa falters a little when he retires. They have a culture and good development and that only gets them 8 wins a year with an occasional 10+ win season. I feel like they would need to hire their version of Frost to exceed what they’ve done, but who would that be?

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
It is slightly better than what we normally get but lacks a star at WR we really needed. It is a really good foundation class but we are going to need to add some playmakers at DE and WR next year. As far as the "why do we stick with KF?". I too get frustrated we dont push for confrence championships more or the playoff picture but the facts are the list of teams that have won 8 games or more for the last 4 years is like 10-15 teams and we are one. I dont mean this as a shot at nebraska but think about the coaches you guys have gone through and finally think you have a good coach again, we have just been able to build for 20 years from the consistency. We are not nebraska, we dont have the history, but the brand has got much bigger/better. You also have to give some credit to the fact that he has ran an organization that has 100ish 18-20 year olds each year, along with coaches, and in 20 years the biggest problems we had were rhabdo, a case of college kids selling drugs, and other minor stuff. No rape, no cheating, no "lack of institutional control" etc. We play in a decent bowl game every year and have a couple guys drafted every year. I will say I have actually appreciated Nebraska/MN/wiscy stepping the recruitting game up.
Right on cue. What a loser. What do you do all day other than stalk NU message boards?

Reactions: SkerInCo
IMO, Iowa falters a little when he retires. They have a culture and good development and that only gets them 8 wins a year with an occasional 10+ win season. I feel like they would need to hire their version of Frost to exceed what they’ve done, but who would that be?
He will surely try to do a Bill Snyder

Reactions: timnsun
Mark stoops.

David Raih (sp) is another name that gets brought up but I dont know much about him.

Bob Stoops,but he turned them down once Oklahoma came calling and he isn’t coming back to Iowa City..

Will have to agree with the iowegians on one major point. They have done more with their talent than we have. That's about to change.
You can't say "iowegians" on a Husker board. The drunk troll Iowa pos will throw a fit and call you names.

You can't say "iowegians" on a Husker board. The drunk troll Iowa pos will throw a fit and call you names.
I ve got thick skin. It's actually better than what I call some of my friends that live in Iowa.....or family!!

Last edited:

Fwiw, I think you have put recruited us since joining the B10.
I think during Pelini’s seven years here we too were one of only a handful of teams who won at least nine games a year. But we fired him because he never won a game that really mattered. Never won a title of any kind. The closest he came was against Texas in 09 playing with talent he inherited from Callahan.

So we are not willing to settle. I don’t get why Iowa is. Good school. Good facilities. Good fan base. Decent college town. Should do better.

Reactions: Bold Words
I think during Pelini’s seven years here we too were one of only a handful of teams who won at least nine games a year. But we fired him because he never won a game that really mattered. Never won a title of any kind. The closest he came was against Texas in 09 playing with talent he inherited from Callahan.

So we are not willing to settle. I don’t get why Iowa is. Good school. Good facilities. Good fan base. Decent college town. Should do better.
You seem to be omitting a certain outburst said about a certain fanbase by said 9 win coach. If KF did that, which he would never do and that's kinda the point, he would be gone also. You ever seen KF represent our university in anyway close to the behaviors of BP?

I'm not saying this as a slight on nebby they got rid of a 9 win coach because he was a blow hard hot head, you would be really hard pressed to use those words to describe KF.

Reactions: E.RogerCoswell
You seem to be omitting a certain outburst said about a certain fanbase by said 9 win coach. If KF did that, which he would never do and that's kinda the point, he would be gone also. You ever seen KF represent our university in anyway close to the behaviors of BP?

No, but He never got a bonus for having a 8 win regular season either... Or does Kirk get a bonus for a 7 win season, which is it..

My relatives that live in Iowa say he is safe because he' is viewed as a good person who resembles the qualities that Iowans want. Some think he's over paid. But he gives back ie the children's wave hospital nextdoor to the stadium.

Disclaimer, they are Husker fans. But in large the vibe they get is iowegians are content with good and playing in a bowl.

I can understand that. Would pelini been fired if not for his antics? Maybe eventually. But I think his personality coupled with mediocrity did him in.

KF is mediocre but " a nice guy "and represents iowa citizens well. Doesn't embarasse them off the field.

I'm not saying this as a slight on nebby they got rid of a 9 win coach because he was a blow hard hot head, you would be really hard pressed to use those words to describe KF.
I could see your point if we didn’t do the same thing for Solich, who was a good guy that just couldn’t get over the jump.

It wasn’t just because it was Bo. He made it easier to fire him because of his abrasiveness, but he got blown out in too many big games the last several years at Nebraska. Nebraska fires Solich even though in his 6 years as coach he had 4 top 10 finishes and 3 top 5 finishes, or something like that. Too lazy to look it up.

66 gets it. Again I am vocal that I think we can and should do better with the resources we have but KF is the perfect employee as far as BoR is concerned.

As a follow up the other thing he has done is established a culture/identity that really fits our state. We are going to play sound defense, which is very much a pride thing, we are going to be fundamentally sound, and we are going to work our tails off. If you play Iowa you know what your going to get and if you show up thinking you have an easy game we will beat you. The other thing is, I cant remember the last time we really got blown out in confrence play.

Last edited:
I could see your point if we didn’t do the same thing for Solich, who was a good guy that just couldn’t get over the jump.

It wasn’t just because it was Bo. He made it easier to fire him because of his abrasiveness, but he got blown out in too many big games the last several years at Nebraska. Nebraska fires Solich even though in his 6 years as coach he had 4 top 10 finishes and 3 top 5 finishes, or something like that. Too lazy to look it up.
This. Well said.
Pelini was a jerk. But if he had won conference titles and got us into the playoff he would still be on our sideline screaming at the moon.

Two players Erza Miller and Jestin Jacobs should be 4*.

Just because Rivals doesn’t give it to them other services have..

I chose Rivals, because it is the site we are on. If you want to go that route, of picking and choosing, then we would count guys like: Chase, Benhart, Hickman, Newsome and Thompkins too. All 4-stars on other sites.

According to Rivals, we have 8, 4-star players committed and they have ZERO. Very god chance we end with double digits (Pola-Gates, Pola-Mayo, Benhart bump) and they stay at 0.
Iowa does a very very good job of developing players much better than most as evidenced by being an assembly line to the NFL.

Boy Pennsy, you sure do like stirring up trouble by inviting the 60 IQ society, AKA iowa fan, back here again. :D

ADVERTISEMENT