ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa time and TV?

People talk about totalyards in the 2013 game, total yards don't mean a whole lot IMO. The key stat in that game was Iowa rushed 45 times for 156 yards, while Nebraska rushed 37 times for 89 yards. I know Iowa is 1-3 vs Nebraska in B1G play. Traditionally the team that runs the ball better wins the game and I think this year will be no different.

2014 - Iowa 50 carries for 142 yards (2.8 ypc), Nebraska 31 carries for 161 yards (5.2 ypc)
2013 - Iowa 45 for 156 yards (3.5 ypc), Nebraska 37 for 89 yards (2.3 ypc)
2012 - Iowa 39 for 108 yards (2.8 ypc), Nebraska 53 for 200 yards (3.8 ypc)
2011 - Iowa 24 for 88 yards (3.7 ypc), Nebraska 61 for 222 yards (3.6 ypc)

Good analysis, totally agree.

Considering last week, pretty sure this isn't an issue. Nebraska versus Michigan State was a night game, as well as Ohio State versus Minnesota.

Not to mention Iowa is hosting Minnesota under the lights tomorrow night in Iowa City. The Black Friday game won't be at night though.

As was noted previously this game will not be played at night. Kickoff will be at either 11:00 AM CT or 2:30 PM CT and I'm guessing this will be based on how both teams do this weekend.

The only other ABC game that day will be Miami @ Pitt. If Iowa is undefeated, ABC will place Iowa on the 3:30 Eastern Platform.

This will be a recipe for disaster for Iowa. The majority of the second half will be played under the lights. Iowa will not win if its a late game.The game will end something like this:

Thanks for the Utube. Never get too tired of seeing Corso and his "Can't win on grass" rant. Florida's ass was grass and Nebraska was the lawnmower.

I will say this as well and I will give credit to some local Nebraska talk radio guys as they have said this too. If Armstrong throws a lot of his "up for grabs" passes, the Iowa secondary will make him pay and they will pick it off.

Yeah, Riley never gets waxed.

You must have been in a coma for the Purdue game.
These are the players who didn't play vs Purdue, but were back for Michigan State: Tommy Armstrong, Alonzo Moore, Nick Gates, Zack Sterup at Right Guard, Kevin Maurice, Kevin Williams, Byerson Cockrell, Jonathan Rose, Chris Weber, and Mike Rose Ivey. The backup QB, Ryker Fyfe threw 4 picks inside his own 25 yard line.
If Michigan State gets to play the same team that traveled to Purdue, they win by 35. Iowa won't as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT