ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa spread

I don't know why they don't get it. Their institutional racism is really hardcore. You would hope that they would admit it and work towards bettering themselves. But they're not. It's the Iowa way.
For the life of me I can’t understand how the hell kf and his son are still employed, look at gregg Marshall from Wichita st they didn’t mess around and fired him. The big 10 is just as much to blame for letting it slide

• Haha
Reactions: BXY
For the life of me I can’t understand how the hell kf and his son are still employed, look at gregg Marshall from Wichita st they didn’t mess around and fired him. The big 10 is just as much to blame for letting it slide
Because they are OK with it. Iowa has decided that decades of systematic racism and player abuse is fine, if you can win 7 games most years. Provided most of the players are white, that is the Iowa way after all.

I can’t see it being less than -12. Clearly I’m biased but I don’t see how Nebraska keeps it within two touchdowns. Hawks should rush for 250+.

Iowa may not pass the entire game With our soft d line they will snow plow us all day

If we suffer an embarrassing blowout loss on Friday against Iowa I don't know how you don't lose recruits. It will be an all time low for the program.

I'm guessing Iowa - 7 . They win by 14. I don't see us winning another game.

I bet you'd like to spread it.
Iowa2_Slideshow.jpg

Easy money. Iowa will cover in their sleep. This is one of the worst coached Nebraska teams in history and that won’t change this week. Bet the farm.
Worse than last year’s or the year before that? I keep hearing that same story year after year.

Because they are OK with it. Iowa has decided that decades of systematic racism and player abuse is fine, if you can win 7 games most years. Provided most of the players are white, that is the Iowa way after all.

I think you meant "systemic" racism. But lets focus on the U of IA being South Africa. We're pissing in our own swimming pool if we say every white person in America is a Nazi.

That is one big ass "handful".

As in "It was awesome to see Nebraska's performance against Illinois last week, in which the offense looked inept but the defense held them to a handful of points"
All hands have 55 fingers right?

Iowa strength is inflated by who they play. When they play a power ranked team below 60, they run up the score. When they play a top 60 power ranked team, they struggle. For the last 5 years or so, they have over performed in rivalry games. Where do the huskers fall?

• Haha
Iowa strength is inflated by who they play. When they play a power ranked team below 60, they run up the score. When they play a top 60 power ranked team, they struggle. For the last 5 years or so, they have over performed in rivalry games. Where do the huskers fall?

Current Sagarin ratings of teams Iowa has defeated:

Penn State - 19
Minnesota - 17
Michigan State - 38

Teams they have lost to
Northwestern - 8
Purdue - 20

But carry on.

Iowa hasn't really over-performed recently in rivalry games. They've been better than Iowa State (5 in a row), Nebraska (5 in a row) and Minnesota (6 in a row). Have not been as good as Wisconsin (lost 5 in a row). It is what it is.

Reactions: TotalBassNole
I'd take Nebraska to cover, if not win outright. Iowa's QB makes Martinez/McCaffrey look like Johnny Unitas or Tom Brady. Iowa is going to be complacent and Huskers unite behind their mustaches for the win.

Last edited:
I'd take Nebraska to cover, if not win outright. Iowa's QB makes A Martinez/McCaffrey look like Johnny Unitas or Tom Brady. Iowa is going to be complacent and Huskers unite behind their mustaches for the win.
Nope.

Iowa's QB sucked giant hairy ones last year (almost as bad as ours) and they still won.

His play was literally the only thing that kept us in the game.

• Haha
Nope.

Iowa's QB sucked giant hairy ones last year (almost as bad as ours) and they still won.

Stanley was Iowa's QB last year and he graduated. He was 7th round pick of Vikings.

Nope.

adrian threw for 50 yards on 18 attempts last year against iowa. mccaffrey threw for 39 and a TD on 1 attempt.

their qb nearly topped AM's output on their final drive alone, which was of course only made possible by AM running out of bounds

Current Sagarin ratings of teams Iowa has defeated:

Penn State - 19
Minnesota - 17
Michigan State - 38

Teams they have lost to
Northwestern - 8
Purdue - 20

But carry on.

Iowa hasn't really over-performed recently in rivalry games. They've been better than Iowa State (5 in a row), Nebraska (5 in a row) and Minnesota (6 in a row). Have not been as good as Wisconsin (lost 5 in a row). It is what it is.
This ratings systems has an 0-5 team in the Top 20? Maybe we should be using a different system.

I'd take Nebraska to cover, if not win outright. Iowa's QB makes Martinez/McCaffrey look like Johnny Unitas or Tom Brady. Iowa is going to be complacent and Huskers unite behind their mustaches for the win.
You serious Clark? You really believe either one of your QB’s are better than SP? I got news for you . He is rapidly improving and when he puts it all together he’ll roast Nebraska for the next three years. Remember this....and you’re funny taking Nebraska outright . They’ll lose by two touchdowns .

Reactions: BXY and Anegada1

It's is because much of what was accused by the people with the lawsuit isn't true. It was already investigated by a private firm that even said so. It sounds like the environment was more military style than racist. The addressed the issue and let Doyle go and made a bunch of other changes.

I have no reason to believe Iowa won't run that ace formation stretch and outside zone and counter all over us for massive chunks like they do every year. If we score 2 TDs I'll be very surprised. I don't know if we could move the ball with no defense on the field, let alone a team that is usually sound on D.

Reactions: 9and4
All hands have 55 fingers right?

Looking back, I think that EVERYBODY on our team, maybe short just a couple, felt bullied at some point by the coaches. These players that fizzed out are just looking for a payday (including the lawyer). Maybe if the Huskers got “bullied” a little bit in practice, they would not be such pussies on the field. Yes, racism is bad, but is it bad to have requirements for all kids? All players were held to the same level.

Todays press conference was just like groundhogs day. We are getting better, kids are coming along, coaches need to do better, practiced hard last week, yada, yada, yada. After coach, several players get up there smiling discussing things like mustaches for the Iowa game. If our old college team played like that, we would still be running hills! If we made the press conference we would have been so wrung out that we could not have talked. Today they just played grabass. As a B1G fan, it was embarrassing, can’t imagine being a Husker.

Looking back, I think that EVERYBODY on our team, maybe short just a couple, felt bullied at some point by the coaches. These players that fizzed out are just looking for a payday (including the lawyer). Maybe if the Huskers got “bullied” a little bit in practice, they would not be such pussies on the field. Yes, racism is bad, but is it bad to have requirements for all kids? All players were held to the same level.

Todays press conference was just like groundhogs day. We are getting better, kids are coming along, coaches need to do better, practiced hard last week, yada, yada, yada. After coach, several players get up there smiling discussing things like mustaches for the Iowa game. If our old college team played like that, we would still be running hills! If we made the press conference we would have been so wrung out that we could not have talked. Today they just played grabass. As a B1G fan, it was embarrassing, can’t imagine being a Husker.

Wait, you watch Nebraksa press conferences? Talk about obsessed. Wow!

Ahahaha an Iowa fan who sent his kids to Nebraska. Priceless. Let's see, were they too dumb to get into Iowa? Or was it intentional because you respect Nebraska's education more?

And way to bump your own post. You mad?

Wow. Soooo, your saying that the only people who go to NE are too dumb to get into Iowa? Not saying much for NE as a school.

ADVERTISEMENT