ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa rocks

Pennsyhusker

Athletic Director
Aug 6, 2009
Harveys Lake, PA
In light of the Derecho that has devastated large parts of Iowa, and the suffering of the good people there, and in light of the fact that Hawkeye fans have also pushed back against Warren, I hereby rescind all “Iowa sucks” memes in favor of “Iowa rocks”.

Seriously, to all of our Hawkeye friends who post on here... hang in there. What a storm. But you guys are tough and will survive this.

In light of the Derecho that has devastated large parts of Iowa, and the suffering of the good people there, and in light of the fact that Hawkeye fans have also pushed back against Warren, I hereby rescind all “Iowa sucks” memes in favor of “Iowa rocks”.

Seriously, to all of our Hawkeye friends who post on here... hang in there. What a storm. But you guys are tough and will survive this.
Yes, I have been thinking about our fellow Iowa farmers and businessmen. We had this happen in south central Nebraska in June 2014 and have been green snapped and hailed severely this year so we know the angst they are feeling.

giphy-25.gif

I can't get behind this. I'm not that complex. **** Iowa.

Reactions: ThereIsNoPlace
Lol no he didn't, much respect to our nebraska brethren, most of us normal people support you
Yes he did in a televised interview...he said any team that decides to make and play their own schedule should be kicked out of the conference.

Thanks you for the kind words. I live in an area, Coralville Lake between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. It is unreal the destruction and lost for many families. I was lucky but my 90 year old mom's house was not. She is living with us, on oxygen and with out electricity for 5 days. Been a challenge but some families are really suffering. Amazing how everyone has helping each other, as I believe it would be the same way in Nebraska with this destruction.

Thanks again

Thanks you for the kind words. I live in an area, Coralville Lake between Iowa City and Cedar Rapids. It is unreal the destruction and lost for many families. I was lucky but my 90 year old mom's house was not. She is living with us, on oxygen and with out electricity for 5 days. Been a challenge but some families are really suffering. Amazing how everyone has helping each other, as I believe it would be the same way in Nebraska with this destruction.

Thanks again
Sorry to hear about your mom’s oxygen. My 87 year old father is also on oxygen. I think his machine has a battery backup. I hope your mom’s does as well

Sorry to hear about your mom’s oxygen. My 87 year old father is also on oxygen. I think his machine has a battery backup. I hope your mom’s does as well

She is doing well, we got a generator but had to get it from Hannibal MO. People going as far as Minneapolis, St Louis ect to get generators chain saw, chain saw oil, you name it. We did have some air tanks for back up.

Thanks again, and actually she thougtht the storm was exciting until it was over:)

Reactions: Pennsyhusker

Pennsy, is your father leaving with U ? My father has been living with me since my mother passed in early March, he is 93..

I have a lot of sympathy for the good people suffering in Iowa, but that doesn’t make them good college football fans, especially their message board faction.

Hope things improve for them sooner than later....

Pennsy, is your father leaving with U ? My father has been living with me since my mother passed in early March, he is 93..
No, my mother is still alive and doing ok and can take care of him for now. They live in a one level ranch style house in the Highlands in Lincoln so that makes it easier.
But my mom has the beginnings of dementia so I expect your situation will be mine within the year. My sister lives in Greenwood so she can help too. My two brothers are pure useless.

Reactions: scarletred
She is doing well, we got a generator but had to get it from Hannibal MO. People going as far as Minneapolis, St Louis ect to get generators chain saw, chain saw oil, you name it. We did have some air tanks for back up.

Thanks again, and actually she thougtht the storm was exciting until it was over:)
I saw some videos of the storm. Wild!

So how is it working out with your father living with you?

Doing the best I can under the circumstances,I find time to play golf with buddies a time or two during the week and have a few beers with them when we get done..

He has a little dementia but for the most part he is pretty self efficient..Can feed himself and likes his couple of classes of wine before dinner..Winking

Going to be along fall with out Husker football which we both have in common even though we grew of a Gopher fan before moving to Nebraska..

Reactions: Pennsyhusker
That windstorm originated where I was at on the 9th which was Sturgis, It then rolled through Nebraska, Iowa, Illinois and Indiana. The winds that day up there were no joke as we rode North to Castle Rock in 65-70 MPH crosswinds and 80 mph crosswinds in Wyoming leaning hard and sitting on top of our bikes in those winds just to keep our bikes up! We got back to our campground at the The Ironhorse and with the exception of the RV's everything else that wasn't a solid building was leveled. That was on Sunday the 9th

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT