ADVERTISEMENT

IOWA QB is clearly the worst in the B10

Hawk fan here. You guys played a good game and probably deserved to win TBH. Great game plan, make Petras beat you..and he can’t. I was almost certain we were going to lose, and the only sliver of positivity I had was that maybe Petras will finally lose his job. Have you guys seen a worse QB in P5 history? I honestly don’t know if I have.

Poor playcalling with a crappy QB and we still lose. That bout sums it up for this staff and where they've got this team.

Reactions: onll2004
Hawk fan here. You guys played a good game and probably deserved to win TBH. Great game plan, make Petras beat you..and he can’t. I was almost certain we were going to lose, and the only sliver of positivity I had was that maybe Petras will finally lose his job. Have you guys seen a worse QB in P5 history? I honestly don’t know if I have.
I've seen a couple, just today actually.

Petras has been inconsistent however with the way the season had been rolled out he didn’t get any spring ball reps or actually the normal summer/fall camp reps. Everyone wants to see “The Duece” at QB but it won’t happen this year.

Majority of Iowa fans agree. Time will tell if he's the starter next year. Smith had some bad drops today

Kirklansman has never had top flight offenses.

But ... almost every year they have a top 25 scoring defense. In fact iirc they have had several top 10 scoring defenses. The Parkers are responsible for every win KF claims. He gets the money and accolades, they get a pat on the back

Reactions: peacehawk
Kirklansman has never had top flight offenses.

But ... almost every year they have a top 25 scoring defense. In fact iirc they have had several top 10 scoring defenses. The Parkers are responsible for every win KF claims. He gets the money and accolades, they get a pat on the back

I know you’re upset right now, but isn’t KF the guy who hired Norm and Phil Parker and has full veto power over every play they call? Isn’t he the guy who decides who starts, how practice is run, who gets offered a scholarship, etc?

(the answer is yes to all of those questions, by the way.)

He also had a guy finish second in the Heisman voting (Brad Banks), two Mackey winners (Dallas Clark, TJ Hockensen), a couple Outland winners (Robert Gallery, Brandon Scherff), and the best runningback in college football (Shonn Greene). The Parkers most certainly did not have anything whatsoever to do with those accomplishments.

Petras will be fine as he gets older. He should have gotten some playing time last year but KKKirk doesnt like putting his foot down and blowing people out in order to get backups some meaningful playing time.

ADVERTISEMENT