ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa/Nebraska Spread Prediction

What’s your guess on the spread? I’m thinking it starts out as Iowa -9, but quickly goes to Iowa -7.
Iowa isn't as good on D as Mich St, plus the weather will be better. So I think we score some points. Their O is much better than Mich St and we will need to score more than 9. In their house, yes I think -7 is probably about right.

Last edited:
Reactions: SWIowahawks
No ...the fact is you have lost 6 in a row on the road....#7 is 5 days away...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Our last two road games were a 3-point loss at NW and a 5-point loss at OSU, both better teams than Iowa. And your obsession is sad.

Last edited:
Iowa opens as a 3 or 4 point favorite. Would not surprise me if it is close to a pick em by game time!

No ...the fact is you have lost 6 in a row on the road....#7 is 5 days away...Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.
Sigh, I hope you don't write professionally.
*gets called out for being an obsessed loser*
"Yea, well you suck"
Good response, doesn't change the fact that we live in your head 365.

Iowa isn't as good on D as Mich St, plus the weather will be better. So I think we score some points. Their O is much better than Mich St and we will need to score more than 9. In their house, yes I think -7 is probably about right.

Iowa may be as good heading into Black Friday on defense as any point in the season though. Injuries at LB and CB dinged Iowa at critical points in 2018.

After all, they entered 2018, without four returning LBs (three starters) and they lost one starter in spring.

The strength is front two units of DLine. Two sophomores may be as good as any of the eight, in #94 DE A.J. Epenesa and DE/situational #57 DT Chauncey Gholston.

The young Iowa players are playing well, especially at CB, after injured starting CBs returned to action after sustaining injuries against Wisconsin or heading into October.

From Minnesota to the loss against Purdue, Iowa started two true freshmen at CB, due to injury.

The two original CBs played very well on Saturday. #8 Matt Hankins is Iowa's best CB, as a true sophomore. True freshman #20 Julius Brents is going to be a very good one, as well.

Black Friday should be a great chess match. Iowa has won four of five, but lone loss was 2014 at Kinnick. Iowa beat Nebraska in 1981 and in 2017.

I have never witnessed Iowa beat Nebraska on TV in Kinnick. I will be in Omaha for this one. Lurk

Happy week of Thanksgiving everyone.

Iowa may be as good heading into Black Friday on defense as any point in the season though. Injuries at LB and CB dinged Iowa at critical points in 2018.

After all, they entered 2018, without four returning LBs (three starters) and they lost one starter in spring.

The strength is front two units of DLine. Two sophomores may be as good as any of the eight, in #94 DE A.J. Epenesa and DE/situational #57 DT Chauncey Gholston.

The young Iowa players are playing well, especially at CB, after injured starting CBs returned to action after sustaining injuries against Wisconsin or heading into October.

From Minnesota to the loss against Purdue, Iowa started two true freshmen at CB, due to injury.

The two original CBs played very well on Saturday. #8 Matt Hankins is Iowa's best CB, as a true sophomore. True freshman #20 Julius Brents is going to be a very good one, as well.

Black Friday should be a great chess match. Iowa has won four of five, but lone loss was 2014 at Kinnick. Iowa beat Nebraska in 1981 and in 2017.

I have never witnessed Iowa beat Nebraska on TV in Kinnick. I will be in Omaha for this one. Lurk

Jesus. Quit posting this crap.

I’m going to say Iowa -8 with the line moving inside of 7 by kickoff.

If this turn into a defensive struggle like yesterday, then Iowa will win. We took a big step forward defensively yesterday, but I’m skeptical if we can repeat that against Iowa. I like our odds in a shootout though.

If we get JD back by Friday then I really like our chances. Getting AM, Ziggy, Stan, and JD on the field at the same time is huge. That’s four homerun hitters on the field at the same time and I don’t care how good the defense is, that’s difficult to game plan against, and even more difficult to actually execute against. If we don’t have JD, then it’s going to make things more difficult for us because we really lose that homerun shot at the Duck-R spot.

Reactions: yunginsNU2

It’ll be a chess match but series history with Mike Riley is as irrelevant as Bo Pelini’s 3-1 against Iowa.

I’m going to say Iowa -8 with the line moving inside of 7 by kickoff.

If this turn into a defensive struggle like yesterday, then Iowa will win. We took a big step forward defensively yesterday, but I’m skeptical if we can repeat that against Iowa. I like our odds in a shootout though.

If we get JD back by Friday then I really like our chances. Getting AM, Ziggy, Stan, and JD on the field at the same time is huge. That’s four homerun hitters on the field at the same time and I don’t care how good the defense is, that’s difficult to game plan against, and even more difficult to actually execute against. If we don’t have JD, then it’s going to make things more difficult for us because we really lose that homerun shot at the Duck-R spot.
Get Iowa’s defense in space like Purdue and NW always do and they pucker. Those big LBs get exposed outside the box.

Get Iowa’s defense in space like Purdue and NW always do and they pucker. Those big LBs get exposed outside the box.
NW scored 14 points, half of which was on a ridiculous catch. Purdue took advantage of a shove in the back and two true freshmen corners, neither of which will be starting this week.

If Iowa does not win this one, I think it’s going to be a while before they beat the huskers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bold Words
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT