ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa, Minn, or Wis?

I think Iowa matches up pretty well against minn.. with that said if minn does find a way to win they control their own destiny.. beating psu really opened alot of peoples eyes. Mine included and they are much better than i thought they were. Congrats to them and I hope they enjoy the ru they are on.

Reactions: Huskred01
Or keep firing and hiring in search of the first conference title since 1999? Never pointing fingers until the act gets cleaned up first.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Iowa could actually go out and hire a coach that wins and recruits at a level that is needed to win championships. Nebraska has tried to do that sans Riley.

But, Instead Iowa seems to be okay with second/third place finishes in the West. Iowa has never won an outright Big Ten title in my lifetime. And I’m 33.

It doesn’t have to be one or the other. Iowa could actually go out and hire a coach that wins and recruits at a level that is needed to win championships. Nebraska has tried to do that sans Riley.

But, Instead Iowa seems to be okay with second/third place finishes in the West. Iowa has never won an outright Big Ten title in my lifetime. And I’m 33.
Hey, Iowa is a team with two top-of-the-draft O-Lineman (early entries), a likely high-first-rounder on the defensive live, a senior quarterback in his third year as a starter looking at an NFL future, a head coach in his 21st year, a defensive coordinator who has been with the head coach all that time (eight years now as DC in the Big Ten), and a solid running back corps.

Sure, Iowa is better than Nebraska, but it's a toss-up right now as to which team has been more disappointing — the one with so many experienced future NFLers, or the one hyped mostly on a coaching staff and quarterback still getting their feet wet in the Big Ten.

If the Hawks can finish 3-0 and win a bowl, the 10-3 result — which would include wins over Minnesota and in a bowl — would wipe away some of that disappointment.

If Nebraska can simply get to a bowl — which would mean at least one upset in a trophy game — that would wipe away some or our disappointment.

Last edited:
I think Minn loses to Iowa & Wis.

I think Wis wins out.
Wisconsin wins out? Minnesota defense coordinator game planned to make sure Wisconsin badgers couldn't beat gophers last year. He will again. People like you are forgetting Wisconsin has to come to Minnesota with no passing game and WR's worth covering. Wisconsin will have to figure out a way to shut down gophers WR's, RB's & tanner Morgan but sure Wisconsin who has been figure out will win out

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
Iowa isn’t that good but they will beat Minnesota at home. Then they will use it as justification to extend and give Ferentz a raise.

Won't need that win for your scenario to play out. KF could lose out the season and Gary Barta would suck on his toes in public. The guy is so devoid of standards he's probably trying to get Steven Ferentz appointed to the board of Burisma Holdings.

ADVERTISEMENT