ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa, Minn, or Wis?

I think the winner of Wis and Iowa next weekend is your west rep. Minnesota a nice story and all this year but their schedule gets real now and I think they drop at least 2 but probably 3.

I think the winner of Wis and Iowa next weekend is your west rep. Minnesota a nice story and all this year but their schedule gets real now and I think they drop at least 2 but probably 3.
Agree, Minnesota reminds me of that Riley team that was undefeated for a while by virtue of playing nobody. They finish with:

Penn State
Iowa
Northwestern
Wisconsin

I could believe them losing all 4. But more likely they lose to PSU and UW and call it a coin flip against the other two.

Who you got winning the West?

I still kind of think Wis wins it but I could see Iowa sneaking their way in as well.

I guess Minn has a nice 2 game lead on those two teams so who knows?
Wisconsin

Iowa is 12 pts from being undefeated, a couple of incomplete passes that should have been caught. A couple of broken plays and miss tackles away from a perfect season. They are almost 100% healthy for the 1st time all season headed into the most important month of the season. I think they are being totally underestimated and overlooked headed into November and that’s exactly the way I like it.

Iowa is 12 pts from being undefeated, a couple of incomplete passes that should have been caught. A couple of broken plays and miss tackles away from a perfect season. They are almost 100% healthy for the 1st time all season headed into the most important month of the season. I think they are being totally underestimated and overlooked headed into November and that’s exactly the way I like it.

Oh jesus. This is every year for Iowa, and you make fun of Nebraska people who say the same thing. You may be getting healthy, but you still have the losses you have. Your record isn't changing. There a probably a few other games that some things went your way as well that could have given you a loss. That's why you play the game.

If if if. Iowa is 7 points away from having the same record as Nebraska.

But wasn’t it Scooter who said get your wins against us in year 1 because you won’t in year 2? He totally underestimated how hard it is to win week in and out in the B1G and looks foolish for running his mouth.

He never said anything about what year. But I also know you Iowa dolts will hang on to anything and everything.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
You scored a late TD vs PSU that should of been offensive PI. You guys got some problems!!

Should of lost to ISU.

I just don't see Wisconsin losing another game (which pains me to say). Minnesota is a very interesting team in that I don't think they are as good as their record indicates, but I also think that they are a good team that has built momentum and shouldn't be overlooked. I can see them winning two of their last four games, but I think they lose the two that they need to win the division. Iowa will hang in there with defense, but in order to make a serious run, they have to have some wholesale changes in their offensive philosophy, and I just don't see that happening. Usually with KF teams, what you see is what you are going to get, and in season adjustments are usually minimal at best.

Ashler Low, Wisconsin Rivals site: What concerns me most about the Wisconsin offense is its ability to play from behind and play against adversity. In the biggest moments of the season throughout the past couple of weeks, the Badgers have been beaten in the trenches. Jake mentioned the rushing numbers against quality defenses, but while the aerial attack has had some success, nothing has shown us that this team has the ability to make up deficits through the air. The Badgers can’t fall behind by multiple scores at any point against the Hawkeyes because the road back is that much tougher given their identity.
  • Iowa
  • at Nebraska
  • Purdue
  • at Minnesota
Nebraska (6-7) in 2015, played #6 Michigan State extremely well, an undefeated Spartans team, so any given Saturday.

Does Wisconsin win at Minnesota?
  • Iowa at Wisconsin - Badgers have won 6 of last 7, only two games were at Camp Randall (1-1)
  • Iowa has won 13 of last 19 in Madison, since 1976, timeframe I have witnessed Iowa at UW
  • Kirk Ferentz is 4-4 there as a HC, beat three staight 10-3 UW teams though in Madison
  • Instead of first year QB and first year OC coming off OSU win in 2017, they are third year now
  • OSU win 55-24 was pretty big game to turnaround from for an inconsistent team
Nebraska hosts Wisconsin, which reminds me of a possible Michigan State 2015 or 2018 scenario, if Scott Frost can find a way to swing things?

Of course, Nebraska's defense hasn't been too consistent in 2019?

If if if. Iowa is 7 points away from having the same record as Nebraska.

It’s crazy just how razor thin that margin of error really is in a 60 minute college football game is. A few plays here and there throughout a season can be, and usually is, the difference between a great/good/etc.... type of season. But, I guess that is why we all watch and love college football.

It’s crazy just how razor thin that margin of error really is in a 60 minute college football game is. A few plays here and there throughout a season can be, and usually is, the difference between a great/good/etc.... type of season. But, I guess that is why we all watch and love college football.

Agreed but the way Iowa plays its almost always a situation where the game is razor thin.

I think this weekend will eliminate either Wis or Iowa. Probably 65% Wis and 35% Iowa in my view but Iowa seems kind of "due" against them.

I don't think Minnesota is going to have what it takes to get enough wins with their remaining schedule to be in the race; or at least I would be kind of shocked if they did.

Minnesota apparently has the better passing game of the three and is supplemented by a solid running game. I’m not sold on their defense yet but they are undefeated. Iowa has struggled to execute consistently in the red zone all season. Wisconsin has the best RB in the country but their passing game is somewhat anemic as well.

And still has a better record than Iowa overall in that timeframe.

Over the last 16 years:
Iowa Record: 141-77
Nebraska Record: 133-87

As to the question of who will win the West, Wisconsin will. If Iowa somehow found a way to beat Wisconsin, Iowa will win the West but I don't see that happening.

Minnesota has to play teams with a pulse now so they will go on a losing streak.

As to the question of who will win the West, Wisconsin will. If Iowa somehow found a way to beat Wisconsin, Iowa will win the West but I don't see that happening.

Minnesota has to play teams with a pulse now so they will go on a losing streak.

Wisconsin already lost to a team without a pulse.

Reactions: hawkizefan
Minnesota apparently has the better passing game of the three and is supplemented by a solid running game. I’m not sold on their defense yet but they are undefeated. Iowa has struggled to execute consistently in the red zone all season. Wisconsin has the best RB in the country but their passing game is somewhat anemic as well.
Wisconsin doesn’t have the best running back ! Can run over inferior opponents but go against a quality team gets shut down.

Wisconsin doesn’t have the best running back ! Can run over inferior opponents but go against a quality team gets shut down.

That's not totally true. The guys is pretty damn good. You don't finish as a finalist for the Heisman without being on of the best backs in the nation. This year I would say Dobbins is right up there as well. He might not get 200+ against better teams, but he still get's yards. Any back is going to have a few clunkers every now and then. He has elite speed, power and decent hands out of the backfield. He is really good.

Dobbins has a lot more space to run in and WRs/QB to create space, Taylor doesn’t. Most NFL scouts would agree that Taylor is the more complete RB.

Iowa has scored 26 of 27 times in the red zone this year...#5 in the country for RZ conversion. Too many FGs though

I'm a mathboi

wisky - 55% chance
Golden rowers - 45% chance
Fighting Ferentzez - 35% chance

In reality, with the drought Minny has experienced (what's it been? 60 years since they won a title?) it almost feels like they are catching lightning in a bottle. Yes yes, I know they have no signature wins. One thing is for sure, PJ Fleck is getting a golden contract in 5 months and still will bolt for another program first chance he gets. He might be Nebraska's new coach in 2/3 years ??!!

before midnight we'll know more 'bout my math skillz

I think minn is quite good but and may win west but winning at Iowa in big games is very tough. Iowa seems to often beat a highly ranked team at home late in the season.

Reactions: Huskred01
Just another win for Iowa because they lost by 7 or less. Nebraska sucks but I can’t imagine keeping a coach around that wins this division once in nearly a decade.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
ADVERTISEMENT