ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa, Minn, or Wis?

Well, NW his horrible. Even worse than NU. Iowa still plays both Wisconsin and Minnesota. Assuming you win one of those games, you have to hope Minnesota loses 2 more. Iowa has about as much of a chance to win the West as they do the East at this point.

Wait, I thought Fitzgerald said them winning the West would become normal or something to that effect after last year?

Reactions: husker2612
If iowa beats minny and wins out (not to say we will), why do we need minny to lose 3 games(which they will anyways)?

I'm more excited to hear if there is any illicit bathroom sex during the game. I couldn't(note the correct usage) care less who wins as long as someone scores.

Minnesota. Iowa has a more than optimal chance to beat Nebraska. The Cornhuskers are spotty and Iowa has good defense. Ball game. IMHO

Well, NW his horrible. Even worse than NU. Iowa still plays both Wisconsin and Minnesota. Assuming you win one of those games, you have to hope Minnesota loses 2 more. Iowa has about as much of a chance to win the West as they do the East at this point.
If Iowa wins both, they should be in the drivers seat. Iowa's defense was already in the top 5 in the NCAA's, and now that they have a healthy backfield, they can run the 4-2-5, which was effective for them last year.

Totally shit offense though.

Wisconsin players said they didn't like the trolling OSU did by playing jump around and look forward to a rematch. I think OSU would drop more than 59 points on a fast indoor surface instead of a rainstorm like yesterday. However, I think Gophers will win the West by beating Wisconsin with only a loss to PSU.

And you continue to talk smack about the Hawkeyes...good grief!

actually what’s worse is you giving crap about Scott Frost when he’s only in the middle of year 2. So naturally yep, he’s not going to have many HUGE wins when he’s only been here 1 and half years.

Guess what genius, Kirk Ferentz and your pathetic Iowa team went 1-10 in his year one of his rebuild and then went 3-8 in year 2 of his rebuild. That’s a whopping 4-18 in 2 full seasons. Scott Frost is already a head of Iowa and Kirk Ferentz when comparing apples to apples. One rebuild can another rebuild.

So genius, who was the teams Iowa and Ferentz beat during that elite run (lmfao) in Ferentz first 2 years? You’d think an Iowa fan would be more considerate of Head Coach during a rebuild and how it goes the first few years considering how Kirk Ferentz and Iowa done during their rebuild. So, before you run your mouth, consider how your very own team and Head Coach did during their rebuilding years. Good grief...

I could be way wrong but I think MN has been bless with a very very weak scedual to this point. I will admit it is not an easy thing to win 8 games no matter the level of opponents you face. Their SOS is 75th. That puts them with team like Fl Atlantic, Middle Tennessee, Miami (OH). That is not the best of company. The next 3 of 4 are tough Penn St, @Iowa, Wisc. I think they lose all 3. To end with a 6-3 record. That very well could still be good enough to win the division. Although Im going with Wisc.

Cannot be Minnesota as they have changed D-Coord's three times in less than four years and that is not workable. We know that cause people on this board say that cannot work!

Reactions: steventrelain
Illinois has no chance. Minny is highly overrated. The boat rower didn't turn them into a legit top 10(hell probably even 25) team in a few weeks time. They'll be exposed big time in their next game. Will be interesting where the betting lines start, could be easy money in the psu/mn game! Spanking what are quite possibly the worst 4 b1g teams.....just doesn't do much for me.

You're Nebraska, you're HORRIBLE. You might not win another game this year and won't even get to a bowl game.
You’re Iowa!!! You have never been anything!!!

Reactions: TheWayITellEm
I was looking the 3 team’s schedules and I’m going to change my vote.

I’ll say Iowa upsets Wis in Madison & runs the table.

Iowa is probably the best West team to muck it up with Oh St & at least keep it somewhat close.

Probably like a 30-13 Oh St win.

If Iowa wins in Madison and Minnesota loses to PSU, I think the Hawkeyes carry that momentum into the Nov. 16 game against Minnesota, the Nov. 23 against Illinois and the finale against us, though they won't need much momentum if we lie down as we did the last three games against Iowa.

So, yeah, it comes down to that Iowa-Wisconsin game on Nov. 9. Iowa wins, then the division showdown is here in Iowa City. Wisconsin wins, and it's Nov. 30 in Minneapolis against Wisconsin.

Go back to the Big 12 with your defenseless brothers. No one cares about what you did in the 90's in the B1G.
Didn’t realize Nebraska only had one good decade in its historic program. Remember, your two best coaches ever are 5-5 vs NU which is KF and your god Hayden Fry dropped Nebraska off their schedule due to the beatings the Huskers gave you.

Reactions: huskerssalts
Didn’t realize Nebraska only had one good decade in its historic program. Remember, your two best coaches ever are 5-5 vs NU which is KF and your god Hayden Fry dropped Nebraska off their schedule due to the beatings the Huskers gave you.

1970s 98-20-4 Final ranking in AP top 10 every year except 1977 (12th)
1980s 103-20 Final ranking in AP top 11 every year.

Reactions: tyrusraymondcobb
Wisconsin players said they didn't like the trolling OSU did by playing jump around and look forward to a rematch. I think OSU would drop more than 59 points on a fast indoor surface instead of a rainstorm like yesterday. However, I think Gophers will win the West by beating Wisconsin with only a loss to PSU.

lol. Frick those punks. Their fans are even worse. WI is a program that thinks they are hot shit because they beat up on crap teams but when they face elite teams they get skull f'd on the regular. When a big time team throws the crap WI puts out back in their face they have always curled over craying like a bunch of babies.

Before the IL game their starting MLB was calling their defense the Goose Ege D and wanted that to become a thing on twitter and the media. Then 3 days later IL beat their ass and they cried like babies when IL played Jump Around after the game and they bitched and moaned about Ohio State throwing Jump Around in their face during the 4th quarter this past Saturday.

When Barry retires from WI's AD job I predict that program fades away and they lose their identity overtime. Barry still runs that football program and will until the day he is no longer there.

actually what’s worse is you giving crap about Scott Frost when he’s only in the middle of year 2. So naturally yep, he’s not going to have many HUGE wins when he’s only been here 1 and half years.

Guess what genius, Kirk Ferentz and your pathetic Iowa team went 1-10 in his year one of his rebuild and then went 3-8 in year 2 of his rebuild. That’s a whopping 4-18 in 2 full seasons. Scott Frost is already a head of Iowa and Kirk Ferentz when comparing apples to apples. One rebuild can another rebuild.

So genius, who was the teams Iowa and Ferentz beat during that elite run (lmfao) in Ferentz first 2 years? You’d think an Iowa fan would be more considerate of Head Coach during a rebuild and how it goes the first few years considering how Kirk Ferentz and Iowa done during their rebuild. So, before you run your mouth, consider how your very own team and Head Coach did during their rebuilding years. Good grief...

But wasn’t it Scooter who said get your wins against us in year 1 because you won’t in year 2? He totally underestimated how hard it is to win week in and out in the B1G and looks foolish for running his mouth.

Northwestern played Wisconsin hard in Madison, then the Badgers headed to Illinois.

Nebraska beat Illinois, then Northwestern.

2-0 Nebraska
1-1 Wisconsin

Minnesota is 5-0
Iowa is 3-2

Margin of error favors Golden Gophers for now.

We shall see what plays out soon enough in November.

Should be a good B1G West race.

Minnesota this year strikes me as being very similar to the Husker team that started 7-0 in 2016 and then the wheels came off after the close Wisky loss and losing Armstrong.

I could see them maybe playing PSU close and then fading down the stretch after their boat springs a leak.

Reactions: Huskred01
Wisconsin has won the Iowa series all but once, since 2010, when Bret Bielema came into Kinnick Stadium and pulled out a 31-30 win, spurred by a fake punt.

Other than 2015, Wisconsin has owned Iowa's number. One interesting stat, since UW may be trending for another 10-3 campaign. When finishes 10-3, UW has lost 3 straight to Iowa.

Minnesota may control their own destiny, but PSU's James Franklin has won lately against B1G West teams owning an 11 game win streak.

The 5-0 mark is a nice 2 game lead on Iowa and Wisconsin. But, do they get the marquee win over Penn State?
Obviously, either Iowa or Wisconsin will be 2 games back after the November 9th game.

Bye weeks in Big Ten:
  • Ohio State
  • Penn State
  • Michigan State
  • Minnesota
  • Iowa
  • Wisconsin
Quite a list for Saturday, Week 10.

Reactions: Huskred01
Some solid math from mathboi

iu

If Iowa wins in Madison and Minnesota loses to PSU, I think the Hawkeyes carry that momentum into the Nov. 16 game against Minnesota, the Nov. 23 against Illinois and the finale against us, though they won't need much momentum if we lie down as we did the last three games against Iowa.

So, yeah, it comes down to that Iowa-Wisconsin game on Nov. 9. Iowa wins, then the division showdown is here in Iowa City. Wisconsin wins, and it's Nov. 30 in Minneapolis against Wisconsin.

honestly, same as it ever was. Last year the exception...Wisky and Iowa have mathematically in it until the final 2 weeks for much of the B1G west era.

lol. Frick those punks. Their fans are even worse. WI is a program that thinks they are hot shit because they beat up on crap teams but when they face elite teams they get skull f'd on the regular. When a big time team throws the crap WI puts out back in their face they have always curled over craying like a bunch of babies.

Before the IL game their starting MLB was calling their defense the Goose Ege D and wanted that to become a thing on twitter and the media. Then 3 days later IL beat their ass and they cried like babies when IL played Jump Around after the game and they bitched and moaned about Ohio State throwing Jump Around in their face during the 4th quarter this past Saturday.

When Barry retires from WI's AD job I predict that program fades away and they lose their identity overtime. Barry still runs that football program and will until the day he is no longer there.
Barry is revered around here b/c he’s an alum. He was 65-60-3 as coach in conf. His hires as an AD have been improvements from his coaching

Who you got winning the West?

I still kind of think Wis wins it but I could see Iowa sneaking their way in as well.

I guess Minn has a nice 2 game lead on those two teams so who knows?

Hopefully MN nice fans they deserve it, based on integrity.

Wisky fans suck. Iowa entire Program is garbage

I would fly non-stop out of Ft. Lauderdale to see this game...Go Gophers

1200x525.jpg
And we would welcome you with open arms! The picture appears to be from the Stadium opener vs Air Force! It was so loud many of us had no Idea that there was a flyover! Unfortunately we haven't had such crowds this season. My hope is these last two home games will be as full and 'electric'.

I have no Idea right now if we will win the West, but if we do? Lets just say this Gopher fanbase is beyond hungry!

Last edited:
Reactions: 9and4
ADVERTISEMENT