ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is Mediocre

Iowa plays at least 12 Super Bowls every season. Maybe if Frosty the Coachman could get Nebraska players to not be so mentally soft so the osing seasons stop at 3.
You are a sad little man. Sorry you can’t find the validation you so desperately need.

What have the once mighties won in the last 18 years?

Oh right the only history that counts is history prior to that because skirt fans say so.

Why is 18 the magical cutoff? What makes it relevant other than the narrative that works for your tiny little brain?

Reactions: frostonthegrass
Skirt fans have the 90’s and their Apex Jackets. I can see why that bothers fans of the once mighties.

I’d rather have had reached the mountain top and be able to tell stories to my kid then never have gotten above base camp and brag about how they have snuck out some close wins against broken competition.

I’d rather have had reached the mountain top and be able to tell stories to my kid then never have gotten above base camp and brag about how they have snuck out some close wins against broken competition.
No doubt. They act like world beaters the last 20 years. Where we know we have been average the last 20 years. I guess that's the difference between a blue blood and Iowa. One knows we've been average. Iowa brags about it. Lol

Reactions: jmliehr
Someone please tell the staff at the memory care facility that Coach Fry has logged onto the computer again.

You should change your mascot to the pick and choosers. Skirt fans are really good at picking and choosing when history does and doesn’t count. It will help with Frosty the Coachman recruiting non mentally weak players.
You're the dumbshit claiming certain time frames to fit your average teams agenda. Iowa is average. Always have. Always will. Now go back to jerking off to your 3 loss season. Again.RollingLaugh

No doubt. They act like world beaters the last 20 years. Where we know we have been average the last 20 years. I guess that's the difference between a blue blood and Iowa. One knows we've been average. Iowa brags about it. Lol

I thought average was 9 wins not 4 or 5? Can skirt fans get together and tell us which it is?

Or do we need to pick and choose when 4 and 5 wins are average and when it is 9?

Reactions: biggreydogs
The Hawks ended 9-3. Our 3 losses are by a total of 14 points to what are now top 15 teams. I am not saying the Hawks are a killer team, but we are doing alright. Not a bad season by any means. Nebraska will get better, but give the Hawks credit...good season.

Yes, Iowa played the great teams on its schedule close.

They also had a 1 point win over Iowa State, a nine point win over Illinois a 3 point win over Nebraska , a six point win over Purdue. So yes, a good team, but not a great team.

You're the dumbshit claiming certain time frames to fit your average teams agenda. Iowa is average. Always have. Always will. Now go back to jerking off to your 3 loss season. Again.RollingLaugh

Will the once mighties fire Frosty the Coachman for not even even being able to have a 3 loss season? Or does your AD need to evaluate where the once mighty program is at?

You should change your mascot to the pick and choosers. Skirt fans are really good at picking and choosing when history does and doesn’t count. It will help with Frosty the Coachman recruiting non mentally weak players.

I see one person in this thread picking unusual numbers like 18 years. I see one person who is taking time out of his supposed afterglow to come to our board and try to talk trash, but in traditional Iowa fashion does it at a slightly above .500, predictable boring fashion. Go back to getting railed in a Metrodome bathroom Hawkeye fan.

I did watch the last minute. The officials did their best to give the game to the once mighties. They even huddled after the field goal to see if they could call it no good, hoping no one except skirt fans would notice.

Oh be sure to enjoy your bad team. Just like you have the last 20 years.
What has Iowa had to show for the last 20 yrs that anybody outside Iowa would remember? Nothing. I can always take comfort in the 5 NC's I've witnessed. You'll never see a NC
Never.

Yes, Iowa played the great teams on its schedule close.

They also had a 1 point win over Iowa State, a nine point win over Illinois a 3 point win over Nebraska , a six point win over Purdue. So yes, a good team, but not a great team.

Yes Iowa won close games. Iowa tends to be in a lot of close games. What you don’t see from Iowa is KF throwing his players under the bus for being mentally soft.

It’s the lack of respect. Keep dolling out snide remarks and Iowa will keep evaluating where Nebraska is as a program. Nebraska keeps getting unwarranted hype, Iowa keeps putting them in their place. This article encapsulates Iowa fans frustration.

I swear, Iowa fans just look for reasons to be offended...especially when it comes to Nebraska.

At the time that article was written, Scott had an incredibly high ceiling based on what he did as OC at Oregon and his work at UCF.....leading Ducks to the CFB Playoffs and the Knights to a big New Year's Six bowl win over Auburn and an undefeated season.

Kirk, a great coach, is what he is. It really wasn't all that unfathomable to ponder the question at the time who might be the better coach and Athlon certainly wasn't the only one to do it. And in hindsight, Kirk has obviously shown to be the better coach.

But man, Iowa fans and players love to look for reasons to feel slighted, especially when it comes to Nebraska even if it has nothing to do with anything a Nebraska fan or player did or said (in this case a national publication). It's part of the reason why you have a kicker blowing kisses yesterday.

Yes Iowa won close games. Iowa tends to be in a lot of close games. What you don’t see from Iowa is KF throwing his players under the bus for being mentally soft.
He has been there 20 years. You also don’t see him hiring a top flight OC and instead hiring his worthless, loud mouthed son to run his offense. How does that make you feel as a fan?

What has Iowa had to show for the last 20 yrs that anybody outside Iowa would remember? Nothing. I can always take comfort in the 5 NC's I've witnessed. You'll never see a NC
Never.
now wait a minute, that rose bowl was epic
GlossyFrankGroundbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Never.

5 top 10 seasons. I get why skirt fans can’t grasp that with how many the the once mighties have had in that time frame. Was that 6 or 7 coaches ago for you?

He has been there 20 years. You also don’t see him hiring a top flight OC and instead hiring his worthless, loud mouthed son to run his offense. How does that make you feel as a fan?

Your awesome Frosty the Coachman offense has delivered 9 wins over 2 seasons but that is better?

Your awesome Frosty the Coachman offense has delivered 9 wins over 2 seasons but that is better?
Yes, he is a much better offensive coach than the loser son. Now that you are done obsessing and deflecting. Are you happy Kirk Farentz decided to hire his son, instead of a real coach? Too bad he doesn’t have another son to ruin the defense.

Reactions: leodisflowers
5 top 10 seasons. I get why skirt fans can’t grasp that with how many the the once mighties have had in that time frame. Was that 6 or 7 coaches ago for you?
What is a skirt fan ? Nobody on this board is going to bow to you if that's what you want. You beat a team without 3 offensive starting skill players by 3 pts. Good for y'all. I guess that's the difference between Iowa and Nebraska fans, we wouldn't keep going on about beating a 4 or 5 win program.We're down for now, we got it. You're better now, ok. Would I trade teams . Hell no. It's better to have been Champions than never to sniff one.

What is a skirt fan ? Nobody on this board is going to bow to you if that's what you want. You beat a team without 3 offensive starting skill players by 3 pts. Good for y'all. I guess that's the difference between Iowa and Nebraska fans, we wouldn't keep going on about beating a 4 or 5 win program.We're down for now, we got it. You're better now, ok. Would I trade teams . Hell no. It's better to have been Champions than never to sniff one.

The black skirts. Isn’t that how your once mighty defense plays like? No skirt fans go on and on and on and on and on and on about awesome they are because of their teams and Apex Jackets from the 90’s.

Maybe the once mighties can hang a banner for winning 9 games over 2 seasons with what your coach calls a mentally weak team.
We have plenty of real banners, no need to hang fake ones, unlike someone we know.....

Yes, he is a much better offensive coach than the loser son. Now that you are done obsessing and deflecting. Are you happy Kirk Farentz decided to hire his son, instead of a real coach? Too bad he doesn’t have another son to ruin the defense.

Apparently not.

How so? Iowa is ranked around 100 in total offense. Iowa wins in spite of the tool, not because of him.

Have you seen Frost's playcalling this year? It's cost Nebraska several games, including yesterday. Is BF great, no? Is Frost any better? Right now, I'd say no.

Have you seen Frost's playcalling this year? It's cost Nebraska several games, including yesterday. Is BF great, no? Is Frost any better? Right now, I'd say no.
By every metric imaginable, Frost is MUCH better. But Iowa has a great defense and special teams. Everyone else working at a high level, to make up for little Brian.

The black skirts. Isn’t that how your once mighty defense plays like? No skirt fans go on and on and on and on and on and on about awesome they are because of their teams and Apex Jackets from the 90’s.
You can't erase the past. Many of us have seen us win 5 titles and dominate for decades. That's not going away. Yeah we've sucked bad the last few years but it doesn't diminish what we have done. You're not going to sell Iowa is the better program on this board. Most people only remember the wins , not the losses. That's life .

By every metric imaginable, Frost is MUCH better. But Iowa has a great defense and special teams. Everyone else working at a high level, to make up for little Brian.

Except in the most important metric: wins. Frost has a much higher ceiling and is supposed to be one of the best offensive minds in football....and heck, he probably is. But his gameday decisions are just mind-numbing.

Except in the most important metric: wins. Frost has a much higher ceiling and is supposed to be one of the best offensive minds in football....and heck, he probably is. But his gameday decisions are just mind-numbing.
Iowa’s win are not because of their idiot OC, they require over coming his incompetence, which to their credit they have done nine times.

If the blackshirts are so bad why could you only manage 20? You’d think this Iowa team would score 60....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT