ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is Mediocre

i remember that west title you won, especially the stanford bowl game that followed......good times
Yeah that sucked. But we haven't been getting blown out like you guys have on the reg since Colorado broke you. Iowa rarely gets their ass kicked...you guys do constantly. Your days of being a power are over and have been for two decades. We will have some great games against each other going forward though.

Reactions: IAROY
The proof that Iowa is just a mediocre team with a mediocre fan base.

If Nebraska were 9-3 and we beat a 5-7 team by a FG (a 5-7 team that lost to Purdue & Indiana by more points) Husker fans would be losing their shit. We wouldn’t be gloating about it.
But you feel THAT is something to gloat about?
You're a funny guy!

Reactions: IAROY
It’s funny to outsiders that you think there is a difference between Nebraska & Iowa. They are the same place.
No they are not. It's will change sometime but today, they are not. Iowa has a plane trip to schedule and you and your team will keep on keepin on until you get to 8-4, 9-3 or whatever. Never will you see the 90's again just like I will never have a full head of hair. It's all good, enjoy your team and enjoy it.

Hard not to stop and check out a car wreck.

With what many of your fan base has spouted off with over the years you can't be too surprised other fans like to give it back a little.
Get out with that nonsense. You are the one on another teams message board talking shit.

Reactions: tpmcg
And NU is straight up dog $hit.

I'll take mediocre and winning records and going to bowl games. Thanks

I guess I'm just being a Debbie Downer though for wanting to be mediocre instead of total dog $hit.
we had 9 wins with a pretty tough schedule. I will take that mediocre every year. With your inability to day nice game you show your smallness of mind

we had 9 wins with a pretty tough schedule. I will take that mediocre every year. With your inability to day nice game you show your smallness of mind

"I'll take mediocre and winning records and going to bowl games. Thanks"

What part of the original post are you Iowa fans having trouble comprehending?

The point of this thread was to call out certain NU fans who call Iowa mediocre and don't have shit to say about 4-8 and 5-7.

Now that I have spelled it out for you all you can kindly GTFO. Thanks

"I'll take mediocre and winning records and going to bowl games. Thanks"

What part of the original post are you Iowa fans having trouble comprehending?

The point of this thread was to call out certain NU fans who call Iowa mediocre and don't have shit to say about 4-8 and 5-7.

Now that I have spelled it out for you all you can kindly GTFO. Thanks
Iowa has to evaluate where Nebraska is as a program.

be proud Iowa fans any win over a blueblood is impressive and now Iowa has five straight over blueblood Nebraska, be proud!!!!RollingLaughRollingLaugh

You are 9-3 and we had a 9-win season in 2016 and every year from 2008-14. Not exactly the ancient history you are acting like it is. I think today showed the two teams aren’t really that far apart.
I said this when you guys entered the league though. The two programs will be similar for the foreseeable future. Your ceiling is now Iowa's ceiling. Once in awhile you will have a chance to make the playoff. You won't be running stuff in this league. Not going to happen with the teams over in the East that are traditional powers with huge recruiting advantages over those of us out West.

Reactions: mmotto and headcard
blueblood? Did we play a blue blood today? Looked like a bunch of shit talking thugs to me. Certainly no blue blood.
Lol...Iowa fan doesn’t determine blueblood status they just get triggered by the word. Congrats on beating a blueblood today Iowa fan..RollingLaughRollingLaugh

Nebraska has hope which is something Iowa doesn't have. It would be depressing being Iowa knowing that at the start of every year you have zero shot to win a B1G title let alone compete for the playoff. Purgatory is Iowa & has been for 20 years & won't change with Ferentz at the helm. Iowa already knows what they have & have reached the apex for their program.

I'll take uncertainty/hope with Frost over already knowing my team will never be better than mediocre with Ferentz.

Iowa will only get worse when Ferentz retires in a few years---they'll be what Nebraska is now. Their time is coming soon.

Like the previous poster said, it's pathetic Iowa fans gloat about beating a dog shit Nebraska team. I'd be mad as hell if I were a Hawk fan.

Nebraska has hope which is something Iowa doesn't have. It would be depressing being Iowa knowing that at the start of every year you have zero shot to win a B1G title let alone compete for the playoff. Purgatory is Iowa & has been for 20 years & won't change with Ferentz at the helm. Iowa already knows what they have & have reached the apex for their program.

I'll take uncertainty/hope with Frost over already knowing my team will never be better than mediocre with Ferentz.

Iowa will only get worse when Ferentz retires in a few years---they'll be what Nebraska is now. Their time is coming soon.

Like the previous poster said, it's pathetic Iowa fans gloat about beating a dog shit Nebraska team. I'd be mad as hell if I were a Hawk fan.
YOU are why most people can’t stand Nebraska fans. Uh... you do realize you’ve now lost 5 years in a row to this mediocre Iowa football program right? The 80s are over. Face it... Nebraska is simply an average program and that’s all it will be.

Lol. OK, fella. If we are in Purgatory where is Nebraska? Iowa has been far better the last 20 years than Nebraska has.

Look, I don't think Iowa is a 5* program but please stop trying to convince yourself that Nebraska is getting back to 20th century football ever again.

Reactions: Rustys Dad
Lol. OK, fella. If we are in Purgatory where is Nebraska? Iowa has been far better the last 20 years than Nebraska has.

Look, I don't think Iowa is a 5* program but please stop trying to convince yourself that Nebraska is getting back to 20th century football ever again.
Exactly. Nebraska’s glory days are OVER but fans seem to think they are still relevant in college football.

10 wins and a Top 10 ranking is possible if we win our bowl game. Thats mediocre? If Nebraska had the season Iowa had, you would build a statue of Frost. Enjoy your pie in the sky, “we will get them next year” program. We will keep playing relevant football in November and producing 1st round NFL talent.

Holy fvck you are dumb

Enjoy living in the 80s DBag and enjoy that Iowa is better than Nebraska .... Ahhh that fact alone makes me smile ....
Lol....Iowa fans never know when to quit....70s through 2014 Nebraska 8 outta 10! Iowa dominates the worst Nebraska teams in the last fifty years though congrats dipshit, now kindly GTFO.

Awwww someone’s mad because the 80s are over .... Get your VCR out dbag.
Lol....you iowa tools amuse me and always have, this is entertaining to me and nothing posted here bothers me. I just enjoy putting Iowa fans in their place. RollingLaugh

660 all time wins is pretty decent....I guess.:(

To be fair, not all Iowa fans are this idiotic. Tonight was a complete mental lapse of coaching on both sides and the officiating was hot garbage. Nebraska should be furious with the play calling and their inability to recruit cornfed, hard-nosed, big boys for the offensive line.

I do feel Nebraska will turn the corner and I enjoyed the banter between the two teams. If they played with that intensity throughout the season I think they are going to some place warm. It's just a game and I enjoy seeing the big-ten being successful. Good luck next year and I hope Frost can get them to a bowl game for me to cheer for them at. Good game Cornhuskers.

If KF could convince his team to “play like you’re playing Nebraska” every week Iowa just might make it to a division title some day. RollingLaugh

ADVERTISEMENT