ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa is Mediocre

If iowa wins its bowl game we will have won 47 games in the last 5 years. The only teams with more wins in that time frame are Alabama, Georgia, LSU,Clemson, Oklahoma, OSU, Michigan, Wisconsin and Penn St. I'll take Top 10 in wins during the last 5 years as a sign that we are wayyyyyy above mediocre. Keep living in the past and polishing your antiques. I'll live in the moment and look at a bright future while your programs continues to fade into the boneyard.
If only you had a message board where people might care and/or be impressed with this...

It’s the lack of respect. Keep dolling out snide remarks and Iowa will keep evaluating where Nebraska is as a program. Nebraska keeps getting unwarranted hype, Iowa keeps putting them in their place. This article encapsulates Iowa fans frustration.
Then just go away. You won a miracle game against a 5-win team. You aren’t going to get the validation you so desperately need here.

LOL, Nebraska is still a blue blood. I have copied and pasted your remark right there on the Iowa board as once again showing how delusional some of you people are. You now are famous in the Hawkeye Lounge as people hysterically laugh at your remark along with those of some others living in your make believe world. You know your comment is not even true yourself but you need to say it to yourself to get even a little sense of relevancy.

Sorry dude, Iowa has been the better football team overall since 2001 to the present day. Don't believe me? Go check out total number of wins since then and see who has more. See who has 4 top 10 finishes in that time and see who has none.

I understand your anger, your frustration. You likely haven't stepped foot in Memorial Stadium in years-- you watch games from the couch and you fail miserably in your defense of how Iowa has dominated you-- but more importantly, how insignificant your program has become for the past 20 years. Those are FACTS.
He’s an idiot & doesn’t represent our fan base.

I’m sure you guys have an Iowa version of him on your board.

Reactions: SWIowahawks
Skirt players were the one talking all day. Speaking of coaches do all skirt coaches throw the players under the bus like Frosty the Coachman? He makes as many excuses as the once mighty fan base.
"Frosty the Coachman' is great! That has legs.

Iowa never trailed how is that a miracle win? Because skirt fans says so . Got it.
Length of the field in :40, with no TO, to kick a long FG, after the opponents potential game winning drive was stalled by a phantom blindside block call. Pretty improbable.

Keep living in the 90’s. Can you convince the rest of the planet it is still 1995?
Sorry the peak of Iowa FB isn’t all that great, sometimes life isn’t fair. But congrats on winning your Super Bowl yesterday, that’s about as exciting as it get for a Hawk fan. No run along little brother.

Length of the field in :40, with no TO, to kick a long FG, after the opponents potential game winning drive was stalled by a phantom blindside block call. Pretty improbable.

phantom blindside block? I must have missed that one. I saw an obvious blindside block.

heck, I will agree that it was pretty improbable. All the help Nebraska received from the officials. Pretty tough to overcome all of that.

phantom blindside block? I must have missed that one. I saw an obvious blindside block.

heck, I will agree that it was pretty improbable. All the help Nebraska received from the officials. Pretty tough to overcome all of that.
LOL. What a joke, can’t even admit that clear missed call, that impacted the game. Typical, ignorant troll.

Blue blood Status? If Iowa had the advantages that Nebraska had for decades, Iowa would probably have a hundred more wins at minimum. Nebraska is a combined 255 - 55 against Iowa State, Kansas, Kansas State. The Big 8 Conference was the weakest - most lopsided conference in the country. That's how Nebraska padded their all time win record. Nebraska has won 902 (242 more games than Iowa's 660). If Iowa had 3 or 4 teams like Rutgers the past 60 years to play, the difference between Iowa and Nebraska would be one hell of a lot closer.

This post is spot on. For years, Nebraska had one tough game per year. Win that, head to the orange bowl. No wonder husker fans miss the little 8.

Bad overturn followed by another one and still the Hawks beat you.

Good thing Frosty the Coachman blames the previous staff for his players being weak mentally. Will this be part of the recruiting pitch Going forward, come to Nebraska so I can throw you under the bus?

Last edited:
This post is spot on. For years, Nebraska had one tough game per year. Win that, head to the orange bowl. No wonder husker fans miss the little 8.
Lol....the big 8 it was Nebraska and Oklahoma at the top just like the big10 was always tOSU and Michigan. The Big12 it was usually Nebraska, Oklahoma and Texas with very good Colorado and KSU sprinkled in just like the big10 added PSU to make it tOSU, Michigan and PSU with very good MSU and Wisconsin sprinkled in.

Iowa’s never been a part of the elite consistently..RollingLaughiowa fans are a miserable sad sack bunch, can’t even enjoy a win over a blueblood.RollingLaugh

LOL. What a joke, can’t even admit that clear missed call, that impacted the game. Typical, ignorant troll.

Because it wasn’t a clear missed call. It ma have been questionable, but it certainly wasn’t clear. I wonder if you will admit the numerous calls that impacted, or could have impacted the game in Nebraska’s favor? Let me give you a hint, there were numerous. Including your touchdown to make it 24-17.

Iowa never trailed how is that a miracle win? Because skirt fans says so . Got it.
Did you watch the last minute of the game ? This is Iowa's day in the sun . When KF leaves you will see a drop off . Enjoy the times and last second wins against a terrible team.

Reactions: headcard
You guys could share your ignorance and pat yourselves on the back on your own board. In 95 Nebraska beat 4 top ten teams, in 1971 the final #1,2 and 3 teams were all from the Big 8. Ignorant trolls are ignorant.

Reactions: scarletred
I cannot relate to a fan base that’s so miserable after a win, but then again I can’t relate to Iowa fan on any level. Iowa has been the better team for the past five seasons, five seasons of the worst Nebraska football in fifty years, those crappy five years don’t change a thing, Iowa football is still a middling B1G team and Nebraska is still a blueblood.

Take your 5 years and your DBag fan base and move on...RollingLaugh
Nebraska is still a blue blood? Holy shit. That is the quote of the year. You REALLY are delusional ...

Reactions: luvmyhawks
You guys could share your ignorance and pat yourselves on the back on your own board. In 95 Nebraska beat 4 top ten teams, in 1971 the final #1,2 and 3 teams were all from the Big 8. Ignorant trolls are ignorant.

That 95 team was excellent. As were lots of the husker teams in the 90’s. There was also quite a bit of shady business going on in Lincoln during that time. I remember Nebraska bring compared to Miami in not such a great way in the 90’s.

Did you watch the last minute of the game ? This is Iowa's day in the sun . When KF leaves you will see a drop off . Enjoy the times and last second wins against a terrible team.
I did watch the last minute. The officials did their best to give the game to the once mighties. They even huddled after the field goal to see if they could call it no good, hoping no one except skirt fans would notice.

Oh be sure to enjoy your bad team. Just like you have the last 20 years.

If the words “Blueblood Nebraska” triggers you, you are an a fu€k stick Iowa fan. The Nebraska game is the biggest game of the season for Iowa fans, I assume the players would prefer to have a shot at a division or conference title, maybe next year! That should be the Iowa football motto..”Iowa football, “Maybe next year!”” RollingLaugh

Sorry the peak of Iowa FB isn’t all that great, sometimes life isn’t fair. But congrats on winning your Super Bowl yesterday, that’s about as exciting as it get for a Hawk fan. No run along little brother.

Iowa plays at least 12 Super Bowls every season. Maybe if Frosty the Coachman could get Nebraska players to not be so mentally soft so the osing seasons stop at 3.

If the words “Blueblood Nebraska” triggers you, you are an a fu€k stick Iowa fan. The Nebraska game is the biggest game of the season for Iowa fans, I assume the players would prefer to have a shot at a division or conference title, maybe next year! That should be the Iowa football motto..”Iowa football, “Maybe next year!”” RollingLaugh

Maybe next year the once mighties won’t battle it out for the cellar of the West.

I know, Frosty the Coachman can make up some t-shirts or banners or something anything to try and help the fragile mental state of his weak players. “Out of the Cellar”.

lol, that 'shady business' is called winning and undeafeted seasons, something ioa knows nothing about. Shady business??!!lol

Is Frosty the Coachman still hiding in the closet or do you forget Lawerence “the Angel” Phillips?

Hey maybe you should change your id to Frostinthecloset.

Last edited:
12 Super Bowls every year? And yet the epitome of average. Congrats.

How can 9 wins be average? Maybe when the once mighties were beating up on weak isu, CU, KSU, KU, and OSU teams in the tiny 8 on top of 4 games with the sisters of the poor in the non-conference.

Understand Iowa fans psyche, the past decade has been the pinnacle of their existence and being able to boast that they have beat the Huskers 5 straight symbolizes the proudest moment they have ever experienced.

Iowa, congrats, you have clearly proven over the past two years you are indeed better than current state Nebraska. To edge past a shell of a program that was one great is cool, kudos to you.

Husker fans, understand TO is both the best and worst thing that happened to us, for 30 years we were the cream of the crop as we know. Unlike Iowa, we have tasted that top shelf. Unfortunately now we have to settle for well drinks while Iowa sips Jack Daniels, blissfully unaware that there is significantly better drinks out there. They are drunk on mediocre booze and are able to laugh at the poor bastards who sit around drinking basically grain alcohol while asking everyone if they’ve ever had Pappy while telling everyone we’re special because we used to use Pappy to brush our teeth before the bottom fell out of the market.

Let Iowa enjoy their Jack, they don’t know any better.

Understand Iowa fans psyche, the past decade has been the pinnacle of their existence and being able to boast that they have beat the Huskers 5 straight symbolizes the proudest moment they have ever experienced.

Iowa, congrats, you have clearly proven over the past two years you are indeed better than current state Nebraska. To edge past a shell of a program that was one great is cool, kudos to you.

Husker fans, understand TO is both the best and worst thing that happened to us, for 30 years we were the cream of the crop as we know. Unlike Iowa, we have tasted that top shelf. Unfortunately now we have to settle for well drinks while Iowa sips Jack Daniels, blissfully unaware that there is significantly better drinks out there. They are drunk on mediocre booze and are able to laugh at the poor bastards who sit around drinking basically grain alcohol while asking everyone if they’ve ever had Pappy while telling everyone we’re special because we used to use Pappy to brush our teeth before the bottom fell out of the market.

Let Iowa enjoy their Jack, they don’t know any better.

Skirt fans have the 90’s and their Apex Jackets. I can see why that bothers fans of the once mighties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT